No Trades with Collingwood!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

TAGHLAO
Club Player

No Trades with Collingwood!!!

If Luke wants to go then that's his decision and I say let him go. HOWEVER, under no circumstances should we trade with a club in contention for the flag unless it's an ABSOLUTE win for us.

I am well aware that Luke has nominated the Pies as his preferred destination, but while understand his wish to put his future ahead of our club's, I no longer care about his wishes. He either goes to where we get the best trade for him or into the pre season draft you go son. It's not like he's a 200 game champion that is no longer in our best 22 that just needs an opportunity to play. He played in our GF team FFS.

We should not under any circumstances be "settling" for an average deal just to appease his wishes. I'd rather lose him for nothing to a bottom club is not a threat to our current premiership window than aid another club to close it.

F Q F

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

+ 1

degruch
Saintsational Legend

The club will do what's best for the club...if that's trading with Collingwood (unlikely IMO), so be it. I don't care what jumper someone's worn, just as long as they give it all up for RW&B in 2010.

Gilbert The Great
Club Player

+ 1

he has cut ties with the club so why should the saints do any favours for him to their own detriment

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Re: No Trades with Collingwood!!!

TAGHLAO wrote:If Luke wants to go then that's his decision and I say let him go. HOWEVER, under no circumstances should we trade with a club in contention for the flag unless it's an ABSOLUTE win for us.

I am well aware that Luke has nominated the Pies as his preferred destination, but while understand his wish to put his future ahead of our club's, I no longer care about his wishes. He either goes to where we get the best trade for him or into the pre season draft you go son. It's not like he's a 200 game champion that is no longer in our best 22 that just needs an opportunity to play. He played in our GF team FFS.

We should not under any circumstances be "settling" for an average deal just to appease his wishes. I'd rather lose him for nothing to a bottom club is not a threat to our current premiership window than aid another club to close it.

F Q F
Agree 100%, RL and the Drain should and will do only whats best for the Saints. I dont want him to go but if thats what he is decided then what he wants is not our issue.

I love this club
dals_da_bomb
Club Player

+1
im putting my hand up to.
good post

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
longtimesaint
Club Player

The only problem is he is uncontracted and as such can nominate for the PSD and we will get nothing for him.
It probably means he would go to Melbourne, but he may see them as a team that will climb the ladder in the next year or so.

One year will be our year
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

I am 99% sure that Luke will not take his chances in the PSD... he will spend the remaining 4 years of his career at Melbourne or Richmond & never play finals footy again.

I agree that we play hard ball with Collingwood initially & then when they offer crap, we start talking to all other Melbourne clubs.

As I posted in another thread, there is talk of Josh Kennedy from Hawthorn being on the move & I really like the look of him. He's still developing but is has lots of potential to be a very very good midfielder. Ball obviously has a link to the Hawks through his uncle (Peter Russo) and his bro played there too.

If we can swap Ball for Kennedy & upgrade our 1st round pick (from #16 to #9) we may then have some added leverage to land Burgoyne.

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

Animal Enclosure wrote: As I posted in another thread, there is talk of Josh Kennedy from Hawthorn being on the move & I really like the look of him. He's still developing but is has lots of potential to be a very very good midfielder. Ball obviously has a link to the Hawks through his uncle (Peter Russo) and his bro played there too.

If we can swap Ball for Kennedy & upgrade our 1st round pick (from #16 to #9) we may then have some added leverage to land Burgoyne.
Ball and Kennedy are actually first cousins. That would make an interesting story.

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

B W and R all over wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote: As I posted in another thread, there is talk of Josh Kennedy from Hawthorn being on the move & I really like the look of him. He's still developing but is has lots of potential to be a very very good midfielder. Ball obviously has a link to the Hawks through his uncle (Peter Russo) and his bro played there too.

Ball and Kennedy are actually first cousins. That would make an interesting story.
Oh I didn't know that... would make for an interesting Christmas lunch!

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:I am 99% sure that Luke will not take his chances in the PSD... he will spend the remaining 4 years of his career at Melbourne or Richmond & never play finals footy again.

I agree that we play hard ball with Collingwood initially & then when they offer crap, we start talking to all other Melbourne clubs.

As I posted in another thread, there is talk of Josh Kennedy from Hawthorn being on the move & I really like the look of him. He's still developing but is has lots of potential to be a very very good midfielder. Ball obviously has a link to the Hawks through his uncle (Peter Russo) and his bro played there too.

would love that to happen

doubt it though

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:
B W and R all over wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote: would make for an interesting Christmas lunch!
Both guaranteed to get all stroppy about the gifts they were given then haggle for something better...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

One thing I can't understand is how the Swans kept O'Keefe when he wanted to go to Melbourne. Did he win their B&F?

I can only conclude that with Bally the feeling is mutual and the club have given their blessing. If he was required, surely the club would say that he is not up for trade.

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:One thing I can't understand is how the Swans kept O'Keefe when he wanted to go to Melbourne. Did he win their B&F?

I can only conclude that with Bally the feeling is mutual and the club have given their blessing. If he was required, surely the club would say that he is not up for trade.
They couldn't arrange a suitable trade so he went with the devil he knew. Rather than the demons he didn't.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:One thing I can't understand is how the Swans kept O'Keefe when he wanted to go to Melbourne. Did he win their B&F?

They couldn't arrange a suitable trade so he went with the devil he knew. Rather than the demons he didn't.
So does that mean that we may not find a suitable trade either, and if that's the case, he will stay with us?

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

If there is no trade by the cut-off on Friday I think he can choose the PSD or to re-sign with us, or possibly nominate for the real draft too.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote:If there is no trade by the cut-off on Friday I think he can choose the PSD or to re-sign with us, or possibly nominate for the real draft too.
If he chose to risk going anywhere rather than stay with us, then he really has fallen out of love with St Kilda

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
cowboy18 wrote:If there is no trade by the cut-off on Friday I think he can choose the PSD or to re-sign with us, or possibly nominate for the real draft too.
If he chose to risk going anywhere rather than stay with us, then he really has fallen out of love with St Kilda
Agreed. Would love to know what happened between RL and Bally.

I think his inability to score goals or kick long is probably the biggest problem.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

wherever he goes, i hope it's with a celler dwelling team.

if we win a flag next year, he'll be putting the waterworks on 100 times more than the amount he did after the grand final. and he so bloody well should.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Gilbert The Great
Club Player

SainterK wrote:

agree, however how all this has unfolded leads me to believe that there would be absolutely no way that Ball will be playing for the saints next year.

danners
Club Player

i agree that we would prefer to get nothing in return rather than send him to collingwood or essendon who may just need that in and under midfielder to boost their list and be a flag contender.

who is collingwood gonna give us? josh fraser? no interest

i say dane swan or leon davis for luke ball :)

21 years old, proud member since 1998!
PJ
SS Life Member

I'd be more interested in high draft picks now that you gotta Lovett is on board.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.