Straight Swap Ball For Fevola

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rixxo
Club Player

Straight Swap Ball For Fevola

Sitting down last nite very happy with the saints signing Lovett for 3 years decided to read about the possible departure of Luke Ball . Is it a possibility that we could trade Luke Ball for Brendan Fevola ! Now entertain the thought of a Roo , Fev , Kosi , forward line add into the mix Milne and Schneider as the small forwards .
Also as well as Lovett , Brett Peake would be a good pick up if we can get him for a 2nd or 3rd round pick . Both players will add a lot more leg speed through the centre of the ground when you combine them with Hayes , Dal-Santo and Montagna .

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

One thing the Blues lack is a tough in and under midfielder.

So Luke Ball would suit them.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

I have a feeling the Blues will redraft Fev under a new contract that is much cheaper than his existing contract. He may be the highest paid box cutter in Australia. :shock:

super dooper
Club Player

Its completely naive to think this will happen

IMO this is clearly not a fair trade for carlton who hold the chips in bargaining, plus the issue of money...

i dont think carlton are willing to pay the majority of his pay for the next 2 years of his contract so they can have an injury prone midfielder who cant kick 40 metres, as good as he is in and under....

Lets get the biased glasses off here, Ball's market value isn't as high as it was after 05 and we have to accept that...

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Milan Faletic wrote:I have a feeling the Blues will redraft Fev under a new contract that is much cheaper than his existing contract. He may be the highest paid box cutter in Australia. :shock:
Milan he can't be 're-drafted'.... Fev already has a contract with Carlscum that will pay him $400k next year & $800k the year after.

Carlton CANNOT re-do his contract (even to put behaviour clauses in) unless Fev agrees to renegotiate. Even if he acts like a goose at times, he's not that stupid.

There is a legal, enforceable agreement in place. Either Carlton finds someone else to take it over (via a trade) or they meet it.

ace
Saintsational Legend

No room for Fevola in our salary cap or that of any other contender team for that matter.
The only teams with room in their salary caps for Fevola are non contenders rebuildng with youth.

Fevola is no use to them because he will be washed up before their window opens.
In the meantime he will have cost them something like two first round picks that should have been spent on kids.

Sydney is his only hope despite wife not liking the idea.
But Sydney need to get full value for Darren Jolly which Collingwood is not offering.

The only other and most likely outcome for Fevola is that Carlton is forced to keep him.
Carlton will have shot themselves in the foot by advertising what a fool player they have, as well as what a fool club they are.
Last edited by ace on Wed 07 Oct 2009 2:25pm, edited 2 times in total.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
St.Rob8
Club Player

I don't accept that he's not a very good in and under player who gives everything. Great leader and great person. Worth a first round pick easily.

gosainters66
Club Player

trade ball and leigh fisher for fev

SAINTS FOR EVER
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

oh yer because that would be a trade carlton would be interested in :roll:

HarveysDeciple

Fev will go to Sydney.

PJ
SS Life Member

Won't happen we can't fit him into our Cap - he's heading towards a backended payment of around 1 million for his last year.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:Fev will go to Sydney.
Yep

extra room dur to retirements

and they still ara allowed higher TPP

saint4life
HarveysDeciple

chook23 wrote:
HarveysDeciple wrote:Fev will go to Sydney.
Yep

extra room dur to retirements

and they still ara allowed higher TPP

and they are super keen despite what they say.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Only sticking point may be that Fev is very keen to stay in Melbourne ...young family at school etc.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:Only sticking point may be that Fev is very keen to stay in Melbourne ...young family at school etc.
could be an advantage up there.......less crap......most kids follow NRL

saint4life
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Imagine if they are forced to bite the bullet at the end and have no other choice than to keep their proven 100 goal a year champion player.

what a blow that would be !

SuperSaint
Club Player

As the week progresses and Fev is still genuinely available and Pies have not come to the party with Ball, the Blues will give this a lot more consideration (as long as we can fit him in our salary cap).

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SuperSaint wrote:As the week progresses and Fev is still genuinely available and Pies have not come to the party with Ball, the Blues will give this a lot more consideration (as long as we can fit him in our salary cap).
Are you a Blues supporter?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SuperSaint
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
SuperSaint wrote:As the week progresses and Fev is still genuinely available and Pies have not come to the party with Ball, the Blues will give this a lot more consideration (as long as we can fit him in our salary cap).
Are you a Blues supporter?
Never. :lol:

SuperSaint
Club Player

Brisbane has really sprung a surprise late this afternoon with snaring Fevola. If Bradshaw and Riscateli agree to the trade it is pretty much a done deal. Funny because Fev up until yesterday was not interested to move interstate. I think his good mate Jonathan Brown may have played a big part here to change his mind to go north.