First time I have heard Xavier Clarke linked to a club?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/l ... 5783885504

BREAKING NEWS: THE Lions are closing in on a deal to bring Brendan Fevola to Brisbane.

The Lions are poised to secure Fevola in exchange for Daniel Bradshaw and Michael Rischitelli.

They are understood to have come to terms with Carlton, pending the agreement of Bradshaw and Rischitelli.

The two Lions are expected to meet Carlton officials in Melbourne tomorrow.

Brisbane is also believed to be close to coming to terms with St Kilda's Xavier Clarke.

Junior
Club Player

If we give X up for a third or fourth round pick I will not be impressed.

If Melbourne can get pick 11 for Brock McLean who is just as injury prone and inconsistent as X then surely we should get a t least a second round pick for him.

I would not do the trade unless it is for salary cap reasons to free up some room for someone else that we may be interested in.

X will be heaps better than any player we may draft late in a thin draft poor.

I suspect there must be more to this as Matthew Drain and Ross have proven to be smart traders.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
vacuous space
SS Life Member

If we trade X for a fourth, we're essentially moving our last pick (which we wouldn't otherwise use) up 20 places. If we get another pick in the draft off Collingwood, then we're moving X for four places late in the draft. It's basically giving away Clarke for nothing. I would not be impressed.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Junior wrote:If we give X up for a third or fourth round pick I will not be impressed.

If Melbourne can get pick 11 for Brock McLean who is just as injury prone and inconsistent as X then surely we should get a t least a second round pick for him.

I would not do the trade unless it is for salary cap reasons to free up some room for someone else that we may be interested in.

X will be heaps better than any player we may draft late in a thin draft poor.

I suspect there must be more to this as Matthew Drain and Ross have proven to be smart traders.
I don't think you can compare Brock McLean to Xavier in terms of trade value...

When was the last time Xavier played consistent footy 2004? I honestly have no idea...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
emma
Club Player

Guys i'm really confused. Is this just speculative journalism? What about the one year contract he signed? Someone may have already cleared this up but reading through the thread im just getting more perplexed?!

Junior
Club Player

When was the last time McLean palyed consistent football 2006.

I agree that McLean it is worth more but there is no way in hell that Mclean is worth pick 11 and X pick 60.

They both are inconsistent and both have suffered from injuries, I would think that both would think that they have under achieved given their ability.

I refuse to believe that X is worth 49 places worse than McLean.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.