Lesson learned: Don't listen to Collingwood

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Lesson learned: Don't listen to Collingwood

Collingwood may have said to Luke that they were interested. They may have said he was an important player for them moving forward. Obviously, he wasn't that important. They weren't willing to give up anything of substance to bring him to their club.

I hope this is a lesson to players at ours and other clubs. Collingwood, like Hawthorn, just can't be trusted. They aren't willing to negotiate a fair trade. They got Luke Ball to stick his neck out and they left him there hanging. I know where I wouldn't be requesting a trade any time soon.

100+ tackles next time we play them. Make sure they know who they're messing with.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Saintly Obsession

Total agree & good post & after listening to Paul Roos tonight he basically
said the same thing "Collingwood should have ensured the deal went through"

Go Saints 2010 :lol:

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

They should be the laughing stock in trade negotitians.

Misely cretins!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

I can help but feel that we offered the Bulldogs pick 30 (from Collingwood) for Everitt and they declined....

and we came back to Collingwood for more (player(s)) in that maybe we could have a better deal for Everitt.

and Collingwood did not budge...

Personally I don't really rate Everitt, but he will improve and judging on his last match (round 22) he will, it was the best game he ever played, but was dropped for the finals

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:I can help but feel that we offered the Bulldogs pick 30 (from Collingwood) for Everitt and they declined....

and we came back to Collingwood for more (player(s)) in that maybe we could have a better deal for Everitt.

and Collingwood did not budge...

Personally I don't really rate Everitt, but he will improve and judging on his last match (round 22) he will, it was the best game he ever played, but was dropped for the finals
Not sure Rodney Eade rated Everitt, until he thought Ross Lyon wanted him, now he will be spending the summer trying to get his head around just what Ross would have done with him :lol:

super dooper
Club Player

But its the self proclaimed greatest team in the competition they can do whatever they want, they call the shots dont they???

I am a very proud member today that we stood our ground and didn't get caught up in an unfair deal, the principle of the matter outweighed the draft pick and i applaud all stk people involved!

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

They got smashed in the prelim by Geelong, easily beaten by us, yet they don't seem to learn.
Have not improved on their list at all, still no key forward or defender.
If they make the finals next year, once again will be found out as the pretenders they are and be smashed when it counts.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Trouble with Collingwood, and by MM's own admission on many occasions, is that they don't have the cattle. Then when it comes to trade time, suddenly every Collingwood player becomes an untouchable.
Last edited by SainterK on Fri 09 Oct 2009 10:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The Pies screwed Ball bigtime.

Offered him an oyster.....and then not even an empty shell.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintm
Club Player

If both sides were eager to do a deal for Ball and both are now sorry that the deal couldn't be done I wonder why the mediator wasn't called in to try and resolve the issue.

Seems to have worked in getting Burgoyne to Hawthorn.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Trouble with Collingwood, and by MM's own admission on many occasions, is that they don't have the cattle. Then when it comes to trade time, suddenly every Collingwood player becomes an untouchable.
Never a truer word.

Bitches about no key fwd target. Bitches about no backmen capable of helping Prestigiacombover. Bitches about absence of in and unders.

AND DOES f****** NOTHING ABOUT IT????!!!!!!!!!!!

I care little for Collingwood.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'