Am I the only one?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Am I the only one?

Who is already sick of this Luke Ball saga? Trade week only finished on Friday and already I'm so sick of the all the media drivvel, propaganda and "I know someone, who knows someone, who knows someone and they said this".

Maybe because it's mostly being spun as the St. Kilda Football Club are the bad guys and have held Ball back. Unnecessary distracts before pre-season when the club should be in their quiet bubble, preparing for their premiership tilt.

I honestly don't want this to become another GT v RB saga, three years ago it happened and they still re-open old wounds!

Enough of the nice men in suits. Bring in some admin who demand success!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Made the mistake of tuning into SEN today, Matt Thomson was pushing the vindictive Ross Lyon and poor Luke Ball all afternoon.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Agree was thinking the same myself...needs to be sorted out sooner rather than later..just don't need the distraction and the potential moral disruptor...hope Bally,Ross and the players can reconnect and he has another crack in a very important year.

The truth is it has probably been decided by the players and Lukes attitude re whether he stays on so either..

Announce the break and keep it as dignified as possible or the second chance and lock into the more important goal of winning the bloody 2010 flag :x

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

It's what happens when the media only know ONE side of the story.

Enough of the nice men in suits. Bring in some admin who demand success!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote:What happens when the media only know ONE side of the story.
Pfft, do they even know that!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Made the mistake of tuning into SEN today, Matt Thomson was pushing the vindictive Ross Lyon and poor Luke Ball all afternoon.
and on overnight the guys kept trying to change the subject and still you got the insomniacs thining they had a juicy bone

This morning I am saying Thank You SEN for covering the marathon and bathurst and the beach volley ball------
SainterK wrote:
SydneySainter wrote:
What happens when the media only know ONE side of the story.
Pfft, do they even know that!
No they DO NOT
Luke has NOT spoken to the media
Luke's Manager has not spoken to the media (since Thursday morning that I heard)
and the SAINTS released a Statement on Friday ( which NO MEDIA OUTLET HAS DEEMED WORTHY OF PUBLISHING ) saying they would not be speaking untill they have had further discusssion with Luke on his return..

Interesting little oversight by the media really- :idea:
Last edited by saintbrat on Sun 11 Oct 2009 4:03pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

saintbrat wrote:
SainterK wrote:Made the mistake of tuning into SEN today, Matt Thomson was pushing the vindictive Ross Lyon and poor Luke Ball all afternoon.
and on overnight the guys kept trying to change the subject and still you got the insomniacs thining they had a juicy bone

This morning I am saying Thank You SEN for covering the marathon and bathurst and the beach volley ball------
SydneySainter wrote:
What happens when the media only know ONE side of the story.
Pfft, do they even know that

No they DO NOT
Luke has NOT spoken to the media
Luke's Manager has not spoken to the media (since Thursday morning that I heard)
and the SAINTS released a Statement on Friday ( which NO MEDIA OUTLET HAS DEEMED WORTHY OF PUBLISHING ) saying they would not be speaking untill they have had further discusssion tiwh Luke on his return..

Interesting little oversight by the media really- :idea:
No point putting the facts out there Saintbrat, might get in the way of the fluff they have been running with.

You have surprised me, I did not even know there was a press release! Got a feeling this may end up OK......*crosses fingers*

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote: No point putting the facts out there Saintbrat, might get in the way of the fluff they have been running with.

You have surprised me, I did not even know there was a press release! Got a feeling this may end up OK......*crosses fingers*
don't quote me on exact content saint75 as I have been unable to find any further reference- BUT Matt Thompson ( I think- anyway SEN reporter from the trade room) said a very short and he described VERY TERSE comment-
but the guts of it were - NO comment till further ...notice or whatever...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Duggie
Club Player

Plugger, Spider, and now Ball.
All three disgruntled for seemingly different reasons. All three were/are champs. All three had different coaches and committees.
Just coincidence? :lol:

A Saint Forever!
makemytime
Club Player

Duggie wrote:Plugger, Spider, and now Ball.
All three disgruntled for seemingly different reasons. All three were/are champs. All three had different coaches and committees.
Just coincidence? :lol:
they all played at st kilda? :?

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Am I the only one?

SydneySainter wrote:Who is already sick of this Luke Ball saga? Trade week only finished on Friday and already I'm so sick of the all the media drivvel, propaganda and "I know someone, who knows someone, who knows someone and they said this".

Maybe because it's mostly being spun as the St. Kilda Football Club are the bad guys and have held Ball back. Unnecessary distracts before pre-season when the club should be in their quiet bubble, preparing for their premiership tilt.

I honestly don't want this to become another GT v RB saga, three years ago it happened and they still re-open old wounds!
I am pretty tired of it too. Pretty typical of a post season story as far as the media is concerned. The reality is that a news station will go with the stories that generate the most calls and vice versa. As long as people have an opinion on the subject, the media will air it. They are the vehicle and to an extent, the producer of news.

At a time of the year when there aren't that many footy stories, Luke Ball is probably getting a disproportionate amount of air time. Without saying who is right or wrong, he and the club are partly victims of circumstance, and partly victims of a footy starved public.

I wish it would come to an end and everyone can get on with it. Until then it will be fodder for all and sundry.

Good night.