Luke names Essendon or COllingwood

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I was reading this story on the herald sun, and it made me think of Luke...perhaps he was not able to concentrate on getting his body right, and still feels he has something to prove?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/t ... 5803444275

The AFL's chosen ones
SIX No. 1 draft picks discuss the highs and lows of great expectations

LUKE HODGE

Hawthorn, 2001

EXPECTATION: "It was frustrating to get to a club injured. Hawthorn were good and said not to worry about comparisons with Juddy. He started in a blaze of glory and has continued since, but they said, 'Don't worry about him and just focus on what we are doing and get your body right'. When you have someone like Juddy playing the footy he was, it was hard to watch. But I knew if I got my body right it would come."

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

This is a response I just posted to Paul Gough's crap article on Sportal:

"Disgraceful article Paul!

You state that Ross Lyon said that any player who could not give total commitment to the club should let him know and they would be moved on. You then say the Saints failed to do so. I was not present on the night however I don’t recall any reporting in the media that Ross said those players that could not commit would be moved on to the club of their choice. I don’t recall reading that they would be moved on to the club of their choice even if that club was not prepared to trade fairly and equitably.

Ross said he’d move them on and he has in fact moved Luke on, with the process to be completed tomorrow night.

If you are applying Lyon’s words to the Luke Ball scenario you are implying that the reason Ball sought a trade is because he could not give total commitment to the Saints. Oh course we don’t know because Ball himself has said nothing. Yet better you bag a club which as done as it indicated rather than a player who lacks commitment.

At best your article is mischievous; at worst it is sloppy journalism or you are indeed in the pocket of Paul Connors!"