Who is higher paid than Ball at Shitsville??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

pluggernaut
Club Player

Shitsville being Collingwood.
Spoke to a Pies supporter today and I asked him if he was happy with picking up Ball. He had a smirck on his face when he said "Yep, and got him for nothing". I said "Well I hope you can taech him to kick over forty metres, at half a mill a year he' should be able to do that".
So while reasonably happy with my sledge, I got to wondering - how many pies players would be higher paid than Ball? Would this lead to any sort of player resentment?
IS HE THE MESSIAH??? (We kmow he is just a naughty - sooky lala - boy)......

Top4King
Club Player

tragic joke is on stupid money: 500+
dale thomas is on stupid money: 450+

alan didak is on reduced money.
heath shaw is on reduced money.

obree, lockyer and prestigiacomo are overpaid

liegh brown is on a pittance
leon davis is on a pittance

swan is on an absolute squillion
pendebury is on a squillion

buckley is on a fortune

malthouse took them for a ride

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Top4King wrote:tragic joke is on stupid money: 500+
dale thomas is on stupid money: 450+

alan didak is on reduced money.
heath shaw is on reduced money.

obree, lockyer and prestigiacomo are overpaid

liegh brown is on a pittance
leon davis is on a pittance

swan is on an absolute squillion
pendebury is on a squillion

buckley is on a fortune

malthouse took them for a ride
How did you get all that information? Really looks like you have some inside knwoledge at the pies.

Top4King
Club Player

*Removed personal abuse* - Mods

for the record it's common knowledge that cloke is on well-over 500k.
it's also common knowledge that both swan and pendlebury are on similar money if not more.
didaks contract was re-written and he became to earn significantly less than he otherwise may have.
davis has been on a reasonable wage for years. nothing amazing, just reasonable money.
maxwell is on the same as swan and pendlebury.

it's well documented that they are all on too much money relative to their performance.
if you love collingwood so much plugger66 why dont you just become a member.
otherwise, stop trolling everyone and forcing them too lock up their toddlers you creep!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Top4King wrote:*Removed personal abuse* - Mods

for the record it's common knowledge that cloke is on well-over 500k.
it's also common knowledge that both swan and pendlebury are on similar money if not more.
didaks contract was re-written and he became to earn significantly less than he otherwise may have.
davis has been on a reasonable wage for years. nothing amazing, just reasonable money.
maxwell is on the same as swan and pendlebury.

it's well documented that they are all on too much money relative to their performance.
if you love collingwood so much plugger66 why dont you just become a member.
otherwise, stop trolling everyone and forcing them too lock up their toddlers you creep!
You seem like a smart man so those words you have used are excellent. a *************. Excellent use of words and saying people hate a name on a computer. Well that really hurts.

How do people know the players are on these figures. You have made it up. No one apart from the Collingwood heirachy know what every player is on. if you want a sensible discussion at least make your post sensible. Now you go back to hating a name on a computer.

saintnick12
Club Player

Agreed. Its impossible to know what they are on. Even the other players don't know, let a lone supporters of another club. Sometimes people may have an idea through leaks to the press and possibly through a manager dealing with multiple players at the same club, but really, we are all just stabbing in the dark. To say who is on good money and less money etc is just fantasy. We don't know and never will. WE don't even know the money at the Saints, let alone the pies. We can assume Nick is on a very high salary and deservedly so. But beyond that, what do we know. Many contracts these days are set up in complicated ways too. With backending, etc very common. Also performance based etc. I remember reading the Cats had to cut out a lot of performance based extras cos it was causing them to risk going over the salary cap the fact that so many of their players were made AA and doing well in the Brownlow etc. Then you have unexpected outcomes like this year with Zac Dawson who it has been reported was on a very low Rookie salary and would never have been expected to play as many games (I think he played all bar the two he was suspended for) so his 23 games on top of his base would have made him a reasonable salary, possibly more than some of those on low ongoing contracts - eg someone like L Fisher. Zac would have since had his contract renegotiated.
So who knows what the pecking order is. Its all a guessing game, and the only opinions that really matter are those at the club. At the end of the day, they decide who gets paid what.

On the issue of the original OP, it has been suggested that several teammates had their contracts renegotiated and backended a bit more to fit in Luke's upfront salary. Who knows if this will create any issues. It will depend on how he goes. if he is contributing it will be fine because they know they wouldn't have got him without that being part of the deal. Will be very interesting to see what they pay him in the third year, but we will never know, will we....

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Agreed. Its impossible to know what they are on. Even the other players don't know, let a lone supporters of another club. Sometimes people may have an idea through leaks to the press and possibly through a manager dealing with multiple players at the same club, but really, we are all just stabbing in the dark. To say who is on good money and less money etc is just fantasy. We don't know and never will. WE don't even know the money at the Saints, let alone the pies. We can assume Nick is on a very high salary and deservedly so. But beyond that, what do we know. Many contracts these days are set up in complicated ways too. With backending, etc very common. Also performance based etc. I remember reading the Cats had to cut out a lot of performance based extras cos it was causing them to risk going over the salary cap the fact that so many of their players were made AA and doing well in the Brownlow etc. Then you have unexpected outcomes like this year with Zac Dawson who it has been reported was on a very low Rookie salary and would never have been expected to play as many games (I think he played all bar the two he was suspended for) so his 23 games on top of his base would have made him a reasonable salary, possibly more than some of those on low ongoing contracts - eg someone like L Fisher. Zac would have since had his contract renegotiated.
So who knows what the pecking order is. Its all a guessing game, and the only opinions that really matter are those at the club. At the end of the day, they decide who gets paid what.

On the issue of the original OP, it has been suggested that several teammates had their contracts renegotiated and backended a bit more to fit in Luke's upfront salary. Who knows if this will create any issues. It will depend on how he goes. if he is contributing it will be fine because they know they wouldn't have got him without that being part of the deal. Will be very interesting to see what they pay him in the third year, but we will never know, will we....

Top4King
Club Player

*Removed personal abuse* - Mods

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Ball may be on half a mil for the first two years, but wasn't the plan to put that much on his head for the first two, (to scare off other clubs) and then have him sign for three, getting as little as base wage for the 3rd (to make it about $350,000 a year, overall)? These figures need to be put into context.
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Sun 29 Nov 2009 12:08pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Top4King
Club Player

fingers wrote:Agreed. Its impossible to know what they are on. Even the other players don't know, let a lone supporters of another club. Sometimes people may have an idea through leaks to the press and possibly through a manager dealing with multiple players at the same club, but really, we are all just stabbing in the dark. To say who is on good money and less money etc is just fantasy. We don't know and never will. WE don't even know the money at the Saints, let alone the pies. We can assume Nick is on a very high salary and deservedly so. But beyond that, what do we know. Many contracts these days are set up in complicated ways too. With backending, etc very common. Also performance based etc. I remember reading the Cats had to cut out a lot of performance based extras cos it was causing them to risk going over the salary cap the fact that so many of their players were made AA and doing well in the Brownlow etc. Then you have unexpected outcomes like this year with Zac Dawson who it has been reported was on a very low Rookie salary and would never have been expected to play as many games (I think he played all bar the two he was suspended for) so his 23 games on top of his base would have made him a reasonable salary, possibly more than some of those on low ongoing contracts - eg someone like L Fisher. Zac would have since had his contract renegotiated.

nick's on 650

saintnick12
Club Player

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:Ball may be on half a mil for the first two years, but wasn't the plan to put that much on his head for the first two, to scare off other clubs and then have him sign for three, getting as little as base wage for the 3rd (to make it about $350,000 a year overall)?
Yes, I believe thats the plan, but would love to know if it actually happens. He'll probably sook at get more in the third year. Not as much as $500000 again, but not as low as the $75K talked about either. He might renegotiate to $200K or something for the third year, meaning he's still better off. Will depend on how he goes I suppose.

saintnick12
Club Player

Top4King wrote:Removed - Mods
Seriously...is that really necessary

Top4King
Club Player

saintnick12 wrote:
Top4King wrote: Removed - Mods
Seriously...is that really necessary
Removed - Mods

saintnick12
Club Player

Top4King wrote:
fingers wrote:Agreed. Its impossible to know what they are on. Even the other players don't know, let a lone supporters of another club. Sometimes people may have an idea through leaks to the press and possibly through a manager dealing with multiple players at the same club, but really, we are all just stabbing in the dark. To say who is on good money and less money etc is just fantasy. We don't know and never will. WE don't even know the money at the Saints, let alone the pies. We can assume Nick is on a very high salary and deservedly so. But beyond that, what do we know. Many contracts these days are set up in complicated ways too. With backending, etc very common. Also performance based etc. I remember reading the Cats had to cut out a lot of performance based extras cos it was causing them to risk going over the salary cap the fact that so many of their players were made AA and doing well in the Brownlow etc. Then you have unexpected outcomes like this year with Zac Dawson who it has been reported was on a very low Rookie salary and would never have been expected to play as many games (I think he played all bar the two he was suspended for) so his 23 games on top of his base would have made him a reasonable salary, possibly more than some of those on low ongoing contracts - eg someone like L Fisher. Zac would have since had his contract renegotiated.

nick's on 650
Again...how do you know that's what he's on. We all know he's most likely the top paid player and deservedly so. He will also have the complicated deal that includes being paid for using his image by the club and this is outside the salary cap. But again, we don't know how his contract is made up. It might be heavily back ended, it might be steadily increasing over the years. Who knows. All I know, is he is worth every penny. I remember turning to my dad at several games throughout the year as he tore games apart (Collingwood final springs to mind)...and saying...Pay him whatever he wants...he is worth every cent. Love him.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Top4King
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:Image
like turnbull 'i will win' i always win. it's in my blood to be a winner. i win. that's what i do!

Top4King
Club Player

Q.
A. Maxwell, Swan, Pendlebury, Cloke +/-

matrix
Saintsational Legend

wtf is going on here

how the hell can you call someone a "schizophrenic paedophile"

you got inside info on that as well as the pies salaries???

whether the comment is true or not f*** me its not really deserving on a f****** public forum is it.

how obvious is it that you have been here before under diff names.

f****** unreal this place is really starting to piss me off
its people like you lot that just keep wanting to fight between each other and beat ya chests to find out whose ego is greater.
seriously make me a mod
i beg ya
i plead to ya

Top4King
Club Player

it's not me MC. plugger66 is pissing everyone off including your's truly.
as far as being a mod MC the best way to become one is to not ask to be.

it HAS been reported that cloke is on in excess of 500k. that's not me either. it has been reported as suchly.
as far as didak goes. he was forced after lying to EM in contract re-negotiations to take less and adopt conditions or face being blackballed. he is still on significantly less than his argued market worth.
just start with swan, pendlebury and the captain and work down. the three are all on the same coin. again, not me. just going by what has been reported as being common knowledge. their 'stars' are on too much and their 'battlers' too little. that's the way they do it at lunch lady land.

as far as my alternate ID. well the mods are in control of that. they know my IP and have allowed me to continue. i currently have no alternate ID, unlike others.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah all good and understood

but ya calling someone a paedo in public isnt too flash
yeah he pisses peeps off...no doubt like i do and you do and plenty of others do.
anyhooo
i wouldnt pay cloke 100 grand let alone over 500 ffs...thats unreal
didak id pay well, as long as he kept himself out of trouble and id have that in the contract too.
thomas i think lived up to about 5% of the hype that he came with

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I liked the Adelaide (Matt Rendell) response to a question about Luke's asking price;

That would make him the highest paid player at our club - no thanks !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saintnick12
Club Player

Eastern wrote:I liked the Adelaide (Matt Rendell) response to a question about Luke's asking price;

That would make him the highest paid player at our club - no thanks !!
Intersting comment. Wasn't Rendell the football manager (under Thomas) when Ball's last three year deal was done in 2006. Then again, wasn't that part of the problem, tha tThomas was doing too much himself.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

I may be wrong but isn't the $500k that Luke put on his head what is recorded for salary cap purposes, regardless of whether the Pies renegotiate or not. Thought I read it somewhere.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

remboy wrote:I may be wrong but isn't the $500k that Luke put on his head what is recorded for salary cap purposes, regardless of whether the Pies renegotiate or not. Thought I read it somewhere.
It CANNOT be re-negotiated however, it is rumoured (and reported) that Luke signed a 3 year deal with Collingwood. $500,000 pa for 2010 & 2011 and minimum wage of approx $75,000 for 2012. That is how he, along with Collingwood and his manager were able to manipulate the Draft (the 1st two years scaring off other possible suitors). There are already suggestions that the rules around this will be tightened as we move closer to a restricted form of "Free Agency".

Basically, Luke received $1,800,000 for 2007, 08 & 09. He will receive $1,000,075 for 2010, 2011 & 2012 !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Yep, this just proves it. Time for a break.

General forum for me until NAB Cup me thinks.

Some of you need a big mirror.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.