I'm over talkng about Luke Ball

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintly
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote:If you are sick of it now, you might want to put your head in the sand come Round 3 next year because that is when it is going to go into hyperdrive!!
not just then. he's been in the papers twice already in arazona. wait till they get back and do training after xmas, and then first round then teice in the season and then if we play them in the finals.

and then if suddenly he discovers how to kick more then 30 metres.
and if he suddenly discovers the potentional no. 2 pick(i think he was)
or he discovers how to kick goals.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
bozza1980 wrote:If you are sick of it now, you might want to put your head in the sand come Round 3 next year because that is when it is going to go into hyperdrive!!
not just then. he's been in the papers twice already in arazona. wait till they get back and do training after xmas, and then first round then teice in the season and then if we play them in the finals.

and then if suddenly he discovers how to kick more then 30 metres.
and if he suddenly discovers the potentional no. 2 pick(i think he was)
or he discovers how to kick goals.
And then of course there's The Footy Show :(

asiu

The Devil's Disciple
i like it
:)

ps...
i'll bet ya a dollar it ends up in one of barks cut and paste parcels

fair dink

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Why is noone asking the big questions?

Is Ball in actual fact Thomas's lovechild, the devils disciple?

The eye's are perhaps a clue!

The 600K is perhaps a give away!

Was this a case of nepotism?

The self centered, selfish, greedy, mercenary, persona adds even more weight!

Should Butterss have demanded Damien/Ball be DNA tested when Thomas insisted we draft Ball ahead of Judd, when Butterss wanted us to use the selection on Judd?

We should have taken Judd, Thomas should have listened to Butterss, perhaps this was all just a blatant case of nepotism in selecting him to begin with, not too mention paying him 600K a year!

The plot thickens!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:Why is noone asking the big questions?

Should Butterss have demanded Damien/Ball be DNA tested when Thomas insisted we draft Ball ahead of Judd, when Butterss wanted us to use the selection on Judd?

We should have taken Judd, Thomas should have listened to Butterss, perhaps this was all just a blatant case of nepotism in selecting him to begin with, not too mention paying him 600K a year!

The plot thickens!
All very valid points,and I look forward to you drumming on about these for the next 12 months.

It may be far fetched,but I'm running with this revelation also

Bring back the Lockett era
asiu

I look forward to you drumming on about these for the next 12 months.

:lol: :lol:

another fun day on ss

thats our next year mapped out :D

matrix
Saintsational Legend

finally!!!!!
something to take over the reign of the GT WAS WRONG/RIGHT threads

until GT comments on the LB situation at about round 6 or so and then we can merge the two threads/topics into one giant super megapowers thread of awesomeness

i cant wait for 2010

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I will make an early call, exclusive to footy classified on it's return in 2010, interview with Luke Ball :wink:

saintnick12
Club Player

I watched a little interview with Luke Ball through the Collingwood website today (the one that the quotes that have been in the papers the past few days was based on). Done a couple of days after he arrived over there.
Dont ask me why I watched it...just torturing myself...too much time on my hands.... :wink:
What annoyed me was when asked about changing clubs and if all clubs are kind of the same etc - he couldn't even say St Kilda or the saints..he referred to us as "when I was at my previous club" as he's sitting there talking to the Collingwood faithful...letting out the little secret that he did those sessions in the altitude room at the LExus Centre prior to the draft "just in case this happened." Made me so angry. I need to get over it and stop reading Luke Ball articles and threads....

saintnick12
Club Player

Ahhhh....another sad story

My two year old just picked up the membership brochure tonight with the great pic of BJ on the front and said LUKE BALL. This is because he has Luke Ball's number on his jumper and it was easy to teach him to say it early last year when he was still a baby when we bought the jumper, so he started referring to all players as either "Go Saints!!" or "Luke Ball".
I had to tell him that Luke Ball doesn't play for the saints anymore and had to teach him to say BJ and Saint Nick who were the pics he was looking at. So at least with his increased vocab a year down the track he could say these new words, but still was sad :cry: :wink:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:I watched a little interview with Luke Ball through the Collingwood website today (the one that the quotes that have been in the papers the past few days was based on). Done a couple of days after he arrived over there.
Dont ask me why I watched it...just torturing myself...too much time on my hands.... :wink:
What annoyed me was when asked about changing clubs and if all clubs are kind of the same etc - he couldn't even say St Kilda or the saints..he referred to us as "when I was at my previous club" as he's sitting there talking to the Collingwood faithful...letting out the little secret that he did those sessions in the altitude room at the LExus Centre prior to the draft "just in case this happened." Made me so angry. I need to get over it and stop reading Luke Ball articles and threads....
why do we torture ourselves- I watched that this evening

re the Footy show
interestingly Luke had never done the show till this past year- the tenticles can be seen to have been linking back-- ahh conspiracy :(

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Batnoe

I want to see this

from 2.50

Lenny Hayes the enforcer

Batnoe

now any of these could be our friend LB

lets hope so hahah

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:now any of these could be our friend LB

lets hope so hahah

rishiteio at 3.50 and 4.50ish

booya!!

asiu

bratski , its fair to say that eddie has a bit of history in fawning over our lads

i remember his ...'our boy nick' comments aired on tfs , more than once

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Am I the only one who didn't know Nathan Buckley and Luke share great great great grandparents? :shock: :roll:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Am I the only one who didn't know Nathan Buckley and Luke share great great great grandparents? :shock: :roll:
Well according to some research announced this week everyone on earth are all descended from one particular person in Africa from eons ago...

You have 2 parents..they have four parents..then 8..then 16....then 32.

Go back a number of generations and you are realted toa lot of people viai them..

I know my daughter once was horrifed when at school she mentioned that she was descended from Captain's Cooks Sister to have her teacher state that she was too!!!

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
matrix
Saintsational Legend

pfft
we all came from an alien colony and this is an experiment on a big rock in the cosmos

everyone knows that
(and would explain a few things too)

DWOODROW
Club Player

Don't forget we are not the only ones here. There are planets just like ours in the galaxy that play a certain type of football as well. Collingwood have heard about it and are trying to play the same brand of football. It is called SOFTball.

SaintHomer
Club Player

Re: I'm over talkng about Luke Ball

DWOODROW wrote:He's gone, Get over it. Let's concentrate on what we have coming up through the team. :idea:
haha, do you not see the irony in this thread/post!

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

The plot thickens!
Actually, I reckon Luke's ears remind me a bit of Tony Abbott's.

This suggests an even more bizarre theory, involving some sort of baby swap involving Tony Abbott's ersatz lovechild Daniel O'Connor.

I feel that it might all be clarified once we can see the yet to be revealed top secret emails from the University of East Anglia: the ones that show that peak oil is all a fraud designed to excuse Grant Thomas for using up all the petrol.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:

The plot thickens!

This suggests an even more bizarre theory, involving some sort of baby swap involving Tony Abbott's ersatz lovechild Daniel O'Connor.

I feel that it might all be clarified once we can see the yet to be revealed top secret emails from the University of East Anglia: the ones that show that peak oil is all a fraud designed to excuse Grant Thomas for using up all the petrol.
Hmmm, considering Grant Thomas apparently once "dated" Luke Ball's mother, perhaps we use this as a starting point!

Might explain the 600K, those eyes, leaving in acrimony and why Thomas insisted on drafting Ball ahead of Judd against Butterss BETTER juddgement to begin with!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
meher baba wrote:

The plot thickens!

Hmmm, considering Grant Thomas apparently once "dated" Luke Ball's mother, perhaps we use this as a starting point!

Might explain the 600K, those eyes, leaving in acrimony and why Thomas insisted on drafting Ball ahead of Judd against Butterss BETTER juddgement to begin with!
Perhaps your theory and mine are connected in some mysterious way.

GT is a devout Catholic who publicly expressed his support for John Howard. Could the whole Luke Ball exercise could all be some sort of plot to increase the nuimber of right-wing Catholics at St Kilda at the expense of the Jews?

It's all coming clear now: GT was not just a "father figure" to players like Ball and Riewoldt, he was the biological father of some, while allowing Tony Abbott to fill the role in relation to others (come to think of it, Mark McGough had funny ears as well).

The really annoying part is that GT only played 72 games for the Saints, while the Mad Monk never played any at all. Think of all those Father/Son opportunities lost: just think, we could have picked up Ball and Judd in the 2001 draft.

Ominously, it is all starting to make sense. If we can just get hold of more of those University of East Anglia emails.

Oh no, what is that knocking at the door. It's Grant. Why are your eyes so dark, what's that you've got in your hand...............argh!!!!

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
meher baba wrote:

The plot thickens!

I love how you think Gt once dated Luke Balls mum and you mention it often enough that you seem to think it is fact. Also another one of your gems is GT did the contract for Ball. Is that another story mentioned often enough that it becomes fact. both may be true but equally and more likely both are not true.

And then the final one that you seem to mention about Butterss wanting Judd but GT wanting Ball. I think that is 3 good strories in 2 paragraphs.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
meher baba wrote:

The plot thickens!

I love how you think Gt once dated Luke Balls mum and you mention it often enough that you seem to think it is fact. Also another one of your gems is GT did the contract for Ball. Is that another story mentioned often enough that it becomes fact. both may be true but equally and more likely both are not true.

And then the final one that you seem to mention about Butterss wanting Judd but GT wanting Ball. I think that is 3 good strories in 2 paragraphs.
From both memory and past research, Ball was always going to be the number one pick in the draft - But Hawthorne opted for Hodge because he was able to play the next year, while Ball still had yr12.

We went away thinking we had the best player in the draft.