Adam Pattison

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintly
Saintsational Legend

iheartdalsanto wrote:in today's Sunday Herald Sun - Craig Hutchison's page on the back of the sports liftout-:

'Knees Must'
Adam Pattison's recruitment may have seemed a little odd to some but there is method in the Saints' madness.
Seems Steven King's knee surgery revealed a bone on bone condition surgeons warned could be career threatening without proper management.
i read that as well. and my question still is, if king surgury revealed bone on bone, why sign him for next year?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I think you'll find that the surgery took place after the new contract was offered and signed.
Last edited by Mr Magic on Sun 06 Dec 2009 3:43pm, edited 1 time in total.

iheartdalsanto
Club Player

saintly wrote:
iheartdalsanto wrote:in today's Sunday Herald Sun - Craig Hutchison's page on the back of the sports liftout-:

'Knees Must'
Adam Pattison's recruitment may have seemed a little odd to some but there is method in the Saints' madness.
Seems Steven King's knee surgery revealed a bone on bone condition surgeons warned could be career threatening without proper management.
i read that as well. and my question still is, if king surgury revealed bone on bone, why sign him for next year?
yes the article amazed me too, but i think i must agree with Mr. Magic - contracts must've been signed before surgery and when going through the draft, Kingy's knee may have come to mind.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

realistically kingy could well be gone....
certainly on his last legs. as is the big gard dog.

so pattison might end up bein good insurance this year... might play 10 games. certainly expect mcevoy to play a lot too....

asiu

kingy can teach

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

gazrat wrote:kingy can teach
Well that's exactly right - remember that Kingy has been said to have been signed in a bit of a player/coaching role for the year...

Also, the sounds made by Ross on SEN the other night regarding McEvoy were certainly pleasing - he said that Ben had been leading in many of the time trials which is definately a great sign for a man of his size! We may see some more games like the Hawthorn one earlier this year when he took some massive grabs and layed some huge tackles...

Wigsy
Club Player

After the initial shock of hearing Pattison's name called and a few curse words, I actually think the concept of picking insurance was very astute. Whether he is good enough to back that up will be the key. I'd like to see McEvoy and Pattison play relatively frequently next year and conserve the oldies as much as possible. A bit of a rotation policy if you like that I thought was not done frequently enough last year (even at the time). Still, four relatively solid ruckmen is nice depth.

2009 - the year of the Saint (modified name from MasonCJ2)
iheartdalsanto
Club Player

Wigsy wrote:After the initial shock of hearing Pattison's name called and a few curse words, I actually think the concept of picking insurance was very astute. Whether he is good enough to back that up will be the key. I'd like to see McEvoy and Pattison play relatively frequently next year and conserve the oldies as much as possible. A bit of a rotation policy if you like that I thought was not done frequently enough last year (even at the time). Still, four relatively solid ruckmen is nice depth.
agreed!

sainterinsydney
Club Player

I think McEvoy would have been a better choice than King during the GF. I think King is now in the dinosaur category.

Pattison is a good back up for the two older ruckman. Who knows, he might become a decent player since he has left the Tigers culture of perpetually losing. I have a feeling Peake and Lovett will be effected in the same manner after being subjected to the discipline and winning mentality of the Saints.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:I think you'll find that the surgery took place after the new contract was offered and signed.
if that is so, was that not ill advised and non-professional of the saints ?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:I think you'll find that the surgery took place after the new contract was offered and signed.
Why?

A large number of players at all clubs undergo surgery in the off-season to correct adn 'clean up'.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
saintly wrote:
Why?

A large number of players at all clubs undergo surgery in the off-season to correct adn 'clean up'.
agreed, hell think of poor allen

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saintjake
Club Player

Top4King wrote:
Batnoe wrote:
BigMart wrote:Pattison was DELISTED by Richmond FFS.......he is a gumby.....Tim Elliott is back.....

I was actually sitting with two tiger fans when he was called they burst out laughing....
And Bulldogs laughed at when we picked up Ray- i wasnt

Did u laugh when u said that Richmond picked up Tamblng instead of Frankiln? I would
hawthorn fans weren't laughing. they're not happy with rhan hooper.
did you laugh when we picked ball instead of judd?

Batnoe

I had heard that we had offered King a new one year deal.

Then 2 months later it comes up again saying that King hadn't decided to play on but will take the 1 year deal

So we offered the 1 year deal before any of this (before the GF)

then he accepted it after the GF when we knew what his body was like

so saying we didnt know what his body was like before the offer is a lie, they also said that he would be used as a teaching role while still getting some games, knowing he wont be the first choice ruckmen

Having Pattison on board definitely brings some more depth in that department when we have 2 old guys and 2 young guys, we need that middle age ruckmen so our structures dont get murdered.
i Have no idea why people bag out our recruitment staff, we finished on top of the ladder, we made the GF, with much of the same technique since Ross has been at the club. he gets the best out of players... He uses the rookie list so it doesnt matter if we dont get a star from the draft as he likes the workman like players that can do a job for him

MCQ- off the rookie list (redrafted)
Jones- rookie
Eddy- Rookie
Geary- Rookie
Dawson- Rookie

5 Rookies that will get a regular gig next year. 3 that played in the GF...

5 rookies in 3 years, an average of 1.66 per year. I would assume at least 1 this year, and maybe 2!

Ross is Boss, he is in charge, he wants to win, so he will do what he can

have Faith

In ROSS we trust!! (Fortius Quo Fidelius)