it HURTS !

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Anyone else think like me on this one???

Getting so close, winning nearly all our H&A games will make each H&A win in 2010 seem like "Next!, bring on the farking finals FFS!" type attitude.

ie....the real stuff starts in September, but we have to go through 5 months of tedium to get there.

I know that might sound arrogant, and god gifted right to finish top 4/top 2 etc, but it's kinda my way of thinking right now.
Yep...agree with you here

We set the bar pretty high in 2009. 20/22 and losing by a squeak in the GF

Regulation 5 goal wins vs Freo etc arent gonna get anyone's heart racing

So..there are the things that WILL get us pumped in 2010..

1. Beating Collingwood..anytime anywhere

2. Beating Carlton and yet again ramming an arrogant slogan down their throats

3. Beating Geelong (but even no bragging there as they have 2 flags to rightly throw in our faces)

4. A huge, BOG, 3-vote game from one of McEvoy, Steven, Lovett or either of the Tommy's (but especially T.Walsh)

5. Back to back wins in the last 2 weeks of September 8-)

Thats about it really. Everything else next year is just a means to an end....our unfinished business :twisted:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Getting so close, winning nearly all our H&A games will make each H&A win in 2010 seem like "Next!, bring on the farking finals FFS!" type attitude.

ie....the real stuff starts in September, but we have to go through 5 months of tedium to get there.

I know that might sound arrogant, and god gifted right to finish top 4/top 2 etc, but it's kinda my way of thinking right now.
second that.
i just want to fast forward to finals :D

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Longwayfromhome
Club Player

Bring on the finals ? Said the same after the disappointing loss in 1971.
May have even said something similar after the 1997 disappointment.
Again after the 2009 loss we are automatically drooling at the prospect of holding up the cup in 2010.
It's fantastic to be so confident, so sure, so cocky.
Me, I'm already shitting myself.
Will it happen. I hope so.
What if it doesn't ?
Opportunities don't come around that often. We had that opportunity this year and we screwed up. Next year we start at round one level with Melbourne, with Richmond, with Geelong.
Funny game this AFL.
Go Saints.

Leave your ego's in the locker when you start and pick them up again when you retire
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:Ok, 2009 is OVER, OVER, OVER.

No more.

We all know what happened. It's done.

Time to move on.
You are probably right.

However, surely a St Kilda supporter should be able to feel comfortable on a St Kilda fan site to suggest he might be upset about us losing a Grand Final??

Having been lucky enough to be at the game, I haven't seen many of the images of our boys after the game and although safe in the knowledge that they were gutted it is interesting to see the effects after the event.

It will be nice to compare them to the elation they will be displaying after they claim the cup in 2010.
Point taken. Yes and as another Saints supporter and member for 37 years who posts every day on this site, I also feel comfortable in saying MOVE ON.

If you are a regular poster and/or observer of this website, it has been a long long long time since the end of September. Just when you think we have moved on, somebody else rehashes it. I am sick of having the scab pulled off my wounds time and time again.

I was at the game too, big deal, as have so many of the frequent posters. I saw the players live when the siren went. I don't need pics of guys crying.

1000 posts later, my focus is on 2010. 2009 is OVER and we still have only one premiership.

Good night.
Last edited by Milan Faletic on Wed 23 Dec 2009 1:53am, edited 1 time in total.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:For f**** sake, I posted a photo I thought was kind of "cute". Get over yourselves, jesus christ!!
Most people on this site know it takes a lot for me to get angry and I avoid swearing.

So many things wrong with this thread

Cute...seeing players crying. F**k off.

It's 3 f**king months now. The players are training for 2010.

I'm not religious but am offended by the use of "Jesus Christ" as an expression of anger. That's a personal thing and I will get over it..haha got in before anyone else did on that one.

What's f****? Fruit, Flint. This whole post has p***ed me off immensely.

Good night.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

im looking forward to all the comments and super cool threads if we dont start as well as 2009.

8-)

bozza1980
Club Player

I know what you mean, it was a bit like that for me after Rd 14 this year.

Let's hope we are lucky enough to have that problem again next year but with a better result on the last Saturday in September.

bozza1980
Club Player

Milan Faletic wrote:
bozza1980 wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:Ok, 2009 is OVER, OVER, OVER.

No more.

We all know what happened. It's done.

Time to move on.
You are probably right.

However, surely a St Kilda supporter should be able to feel comfortable on a St Kilda fan site to suggest he might be upset about us losing a Grand Final??

Having been lucky enough to be at the game, I haven't seen many of the images of our boys after the game and although safe in the knowledge that they were gutted it is interesting to see the effects after the event.

It will be nice to compare them to the elation they will be displaying after they claim the cup in 2010.
Point taken. Yes and as another Saints supporter and member for 37 years who posts every day on this site, I also feel comfortable in saying MOVE ON.

If you are a regular poster and/or observer of this website, it has been a long long long time since the end of September. Just when you think we have moved on, somebody else rehashes it. I am sick of having the scab pulled off my wounds time and time again.

I was at the game too, big deal, as have so many of the frequent posters. I saw the players live when the siren went. I don't need pics of guys crying.

1000 posts later, my focus is on 2010. 2009 is OVER and we still have only one premiership.

Good night.
Fair enough.

saintnick12
Club Player

ttufc7 wrote:Fair dinkum some people on here are unbelievable. Every supporter will deal with last year in their own way. Some will confront the dissapointment of last years result and reflect on it before moving on to 2010 with the memories of 2009 making them even more excited and passionate about our chances last year

Some will completely try to block out the memories of Grand final day and look forward knowing that a new year brings new opportunities and hope.

Neither approach is wrong but why is it that whenever someone posts something about the Grand Final on here it becomes a big "It hurts me too much to think about it therefore i am a more passionate supporter than you contest?" FFS reading the subject title on this thread it was pretty obvious what you were going to get. If you dont want to think about it just ignore it.

Dont be mistaken though. None of us will forget no matter how hard we try. I personally chose to look back and remember Grand Final day. Having been there it was at different times one of the best and then worst days i have had. I have watched the replay and suffered through that because I chose to but at the same time I can understand why some could not even bear the thought of doing so.

And you know what? Thats fine because like I said we are all different!

Personally now when i think of how I felt at the end of Grand Final Day 2009 I feel happy because after experiencing the devestating low and remembering just how it hurt. I can only imagine the breathtaking high that I will feel when we win it in 2010!

GO SAINTS! 2010 BRING IT ON!
Good post.

Yes, its time to move on, but we are all different, and the OP did coincide with a story about Nick's feelings about the GF loss appearing in the paper, the first time since then we've really heard him talk about it.
I too found that photo heartbreaking when it was published the day after the GF. It just really sums up how much it hurt.

I'm looking forward with anticipation for 2010. Yes I am expecting us to finishing top 4 and to hopefully make the gf again. And I agree with other posters, that it won't matter how many games we win during the year, even if we remain unbeaten, none of us will trust that we can actually win it until we are holding up the cup. Lets just enjoy the ride in 2010 and hope that we can go one better this time....

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Where's Luke Ball?

Another opportunity awaits!
Longwayfromhome
Club Player

Time to move on. Where ?
Let's not talk about the year that nearly delivered us the ultimate prize. Let's instead talk about something that hasn't happened yet. Something that maybe some 10 months away. Something that may never happen.
I like to talk about the positive steps made in 2009. I like to talk about the positives of the 2009 grand final.
Will we make the grand final of 2010 ? Who knows.
We set ourselves up for a bloody big fall if we start talking about another grand final this early in the proceedings.
Live in the real world people.

Leave your ego's in the locker when you start and pick them up again when you retire
Maxstar22
Club Player

matrix wrote:im looking forward to all the comments and super cool threads if we dont start as well as 2009.

8-)
All the bandwagoners jumping off you think??

Yes, it hurts and it always will. Just when I think I am over it and can't talk about it anymore, someone brings it up again and I relive all that weekends memories.

It is the past and so lets leave it there. Look forward to the future and a fantastic 2010.