Lovett suspended

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

henno
Club Player

On March 16, the Saints confirmed police were investigating sex allegations against Milne and Montagna.

The following day, police confirmed the two players were the subject of a rape investigation.

While the two players have not commented, St Kilda has always strongly denied the allegations.

Police re-interviewed the two players on April 27 for two-and-a-half hours, a day after media speculation one of them would be charged.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/ ... m=storylhs

saints 2011.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
I suggest if things are as bad as you say, then go and follow another club which will embrace you with love and a big hug... and maybe even hire you as an assistant coach.

Or take up golf. :D
?

I don't follow the Saints for what they can offer me. What kind of supporter is in it for themselves?

Following a footy club isn't about that.

Just because we're heading backwards, doesn't mean you pack up and go elsewhere. You follow them exactly as you would if we were 10 goals in front in the GF.

What an odd thing to say Milton66.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Re: Lovett

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:Someone here posted something about traditional Aboriginal tribal existence. I really wonder what relevance it has. Anyway I'm afraid it comes across as idealistic and patronising.

The hunter-gatherer lifestyle of the Aborigines thousands of years ago would have been extremely hard. It's not something anyone (including those of Aboriginal heritage) is in a hurry to return to.
(I wasn't talking about hunting-gathering).

Universal ideals and virtues (respect, altruism etc..) are as relevant as we care to make them - and we can all learn by example.

Some cultures cared enough to live these "ideals", to make them part of their daily lives and although I'm not of Aboriginal heritage I'm not going to call it (especially the "idealistic" tribal past that I refer to) irrelevant and simply ignore it.

all I'm saying is we cant blame and taint a "culture" (for example St kilda, Aboriginal etc,,) when it's clearly the individual who is responsible for their own behaviour - there is nothing wrong with the cultures and i hope there are no "racist" attitudes within the police force as someone posted early on.
Last edited by samoht on Tue 29 Dec 2009 11:02am, edited 3 times in total.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
I suggest if things are as bad as you say, then go and follow another club which will embrace you with love and a big hug... and maybe even hire you as an assistant coach.

?

I don't follow the Saints for what they can offer me. What kind of supporter is in it for themselves?

Just because we're heading backwards, doesn't mean you pack up and go elsewhere. You follow them exactly as you would if we were 10 goals in front in the GF.

Ahh no your statement is pretty odd coming from someone who just 9 months ago was bored to tears with football in general and our coach and gameplan in particular. Hardly the undying support you allude to above.

Dont deny it, would take me or someone just minutes to find the posts.

Oh and..heading backwards? Want to have a go at justifying that given that we havent played a game since the Grand Final?? But..if you use the fact that we lost a GF after winning a Prelim as evidence we are "going backwards" ..well...I know you will so I'll LOL now :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

?

Speaking of 'odd things to say'

How can we be 'heading backwards' when it's your contention that under Lyon's coaching we've never headed forwards?

And no matter how many times you try to foist your opinion on the rest of the forum it doesn't make it the fact you continually try to portray it as.
It just remains, as always, your own particular warped view of things.

Milton66
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

?

Didn't you say that you'd lost interest a while ago?

Hmmm, I must be getting old.

So please do tell:

What exactly is following a club all about for you?

How exactly are we going backwards?

There you go Rodger. Let's have some real fun in athe off season.

For once, how about you clarify these points so that we can all go into a frenzy.

Are you up for it?

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Is it that hard to believe what I said 2 months ago (which I was howled down for) that Lovett was a F***ing moron.....or is it because we recruited him that people DON'T want to believe it....FFS

He is trouble.....will be trouble.....he always has been trouble..yes he can play a bit (his career is not that decorated) but his character is poor...

Question - was it a good Idea to trade our first round DP for a 27yo bloke with real issues and baggage???
what it did is contadict why we chose not to go down the cousins path....(who BTW has never had a ? over his commitment to the game and was a superstar)....the reason was that we had to keep bring talent in at the bottom of the list and develop our own and not look for a quick fix??? funny thing is, we would have given up ZERO for BC and gave up a potential 12 year player for a tool - who can play some good footy....

I would love to revisit the Ball/Clarke/Maguire vs Lovett and Co..debate.... call Ball what you want and X aswell.....but they were good people....the more good people in an organisation the better it performs.....inject a few rats and problems arise....

When you let go people of that ilk and bring in damaged goods - expect trouble.....

Watch the 3 I mentioned at their new clubs in 2010....and then make comment.... because all I can see is,

Jolly to BALL to Pendlebury to Davis/Didak and Goal
or
Clarke to Black to Power/Johnston to X to Brown/Fev and another Goal

whilst we have a suspended Idiot on our list...

BTW - Hope Lenny holds up, because a 16 game Number 1 inside mid is a worry....

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I agree about Lovett, and always had. However once he was recruited no sense in bagging him, just hope for the best. Didn't work out (I've already conceded that the club will sack him and that he won't play a game)

AS for the other 3 blokes you mentioned - let's not celebrate their careers too much just yet. I'll be rapt for 2 of them if they can get their careers back on track, but I'm not holding my breath.

Good blokes on a list are only valuable if they contribute something out on the field. I would argue that none of them have done that consistently since 2005 - that will be 5 years once the next footy season rolls in.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
So please do tell:

For once, how about you clarify these points so that we can all go into a frenzy.

Are you up for it?
Are you for real??

Do you really want me to post the same stuff that I've posted over and over again????

Jesus Wayne, if you want the answers to these questions, simply read what I've posted over the years.
It's not that hard.

Milton66
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
So please do tell:

Are you up for it?
Are you for real??

Do you really want me to post the same stuff that I've posted over and over again????

Jesus Wayne, if you want the answers to these questions, simply read what I've posted over the years.
It's not that hard.
Go on... be a sport. :wink:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
So please do tell:

Are you up for it?
Are you for real??

It's not that hard.
There we go....questions answered with two more questions lol

My case rests :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
So please do tell:

Are you up for it?
Are you for real??

It's not that hard.
There we go....questions answered with two more questions lol

My case rests :roll:
RF has gone (for the time being) Saints66au - move on :D :D

kitchen a bt too hot for the troll :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Post of the Year - BigMart

BigMart wrote:Is it that hard to believe what I said 2 months ago (which I was howled down for) that Lovett was a F***ing moron.....or is it because we recruited him that people DON'T want to believe it....FFS

He is trouble.....will be trouble.....he always has been trouble..yes he can play a bit (his career is not that decorated) but his character is poor...

Question - was it a good Idea to trade our first round DP for a 27yo bloke with real issues and baggage???
what it did is contadict why we chose not to go down the cousins path....(who BTW has never had a ? over his commitment to the game and was a superstar)....the reason was that we had to keep bring talent in at the bottom of the list and develop our own and not look for a quick fix??? funny thing is, we would have given up ZERO for BC and gave up a potential 12 year player for a tool - who can play some good footy....

I would love to revisit the Ball/Clarke/Maguire vs Lovett and Co..debate.... call Ball what you want and X aswell.....but they were good people....the more good people in an organisation the better it performs.....inject a few rats and problems arise....

When you let go people of that ilk and bring in damaged goods - expect trouble.....

Watch the 3 I mentioned at their new clubs in 2010....and then make comment.... because all I can see is,

or

The St Kilda of old came glaring through when we gave up a Round 1 draft selection for a player his host club could not wait to get rid of! After making the right decision re Cousins our list managers do a complete about face and fell over themselves getting LOVETT.

Hypocits and Clowns of the highest order!!!

What a cluster the list management has turned out to be ending 2009 - all they need now is for WALSH to return home and that would cap off a very ordinary end to 2009! I thought things had changed to create a professional & considered environment but obviously not.

The list management team have completely undone any of the good work the club did in 2009!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

BigMart wrote: I would love to revisit the Ball/Clarke/Maguire vs Lovett and Co..debate.... call Ball what you want and X aswell.....but they were good people....the more good people in an organisation the better it performs.....inject a few rats and problems arise....
Football is a business, not a charity.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
maverick
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Is it that hard to believe what I said 2 months ago (which I was howled down for) that Lovett was a F***ing moron.....or is it because we recruited him that people DON'T want to believe it....FFS

or

No you got it wrong, the more good footballers in your club the better, not good people.

Funny how Lovett at the Saints is trouble but Didak at the Pies and Johnstone and Fev at the Bears means goals....

We just make the situations to play out the way we want them to.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:[No you got it wrong, the more good footballers in your club the better, not good people.

Funny how Lovett at the Saints is trouble but Didak at the Pies and Johnstone and Fev at the Bears means goals....

Johnstone is lucky to be getting a game at the Lions. Spent half the year in the reserves. Fev is always a heart beat away from trouble. Are you seriously putting Lovett in the same class as far as footballers go as Fev and Didak?

And yes Lovett is trouble at the saints - that has now been proven. How much trouble has yet to be proven. Difference is Fev and Didak will get to show their talents at their respective clubs - Lovett, I fear will never get that opportunity. So Yes - the argument in that respect is compelling.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

What concerns me most going into next season is our midfield.

Hayes -= as the GF proved - is our only true inside/outside player. He wins it, runs and delivers.....IMHO Dal/Joey are more outside than in and Goddard isnt a true mid as he's often played everywhere else. Sure we can suggest Grams, Fishers etc but in pure mid terms we are a bit thin for my liking (Im talking genuine mids not unproven kids)

I know Armitage will improve but to get to a GF he's gonna have to maintain that all year - just look at what the Dogs can roll through their midfield as top liners - Cooney, Cross, Griffin, Boyd and they too have some great kids coming on. Hawks have Sewell, Lewis, Mitchell, Bateman, Burgoyne......kinda scary for mine....bats deeper than us an they can afford NOT to have to rely on a kid to every week produce his A game and still throw Rioli in there...

My worry is can Armo/Stevens etc fill Balls role CONSISTENTLY? cause if I were opposition sides id sit on Hayes straight away.

Lovett was the right target for us - we lacked run/carry and someone who can finish it off.....he can. Shame is we probably wont see that and it will hurt us in the middle as Peake IMO is back up at best (he's no Lovett and has done less at a poor club).

“Yeah….nah””
Milton66
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:What concerns me most going into next season is our midfield.

Hayes -= as the GF proved - is our only true inside/outside player. He wins it, runs and delivers.....IMHO Dal/Joey are more outside than in and Goddard isnt a true mid as he's often played everywhere else. Sure we can suggest Grams, Fishers etc but in pure mid terms we are a bit thin for my liking (Im talking genuine mids not unproven kids)

I know Armitage will improve but to get to a GF he's gonna have to maintain that all year - just look at what the Dogs can roll through their midfield as top liners - Cooney, Cross, Griffin, Boyd and they too have some great kids coming on. Hawks have Sewell, Lewis, Mitchell, Bateman, Burgoyne......kinda scary for mine....bats deeper than us an they can afford NOT to have to rely on a kid to every week produce his A game and still throw Rioli in there...

My worry is can Armo/Stevens etc fill Balls role CONSISTENTLY? cause if I were opposition sides id sit on Hayes straight away.

Lovett was the right target for us - we lacked run/carry and someone who can finish it off.....he can. Shame is we probably wont see that and it will hurt us in the middle as Peake IMO is back up at best (he's no Lovett and has done less at a poor club).
Merry Christmas Teff. Nice to see you back.

Interesting points you raise.

If Lovett goes, then Peake will be the key as to how good or bad it ultimately pans out.

Midfield is an interesting one. But given Ball's reduced game time, I'm not sure how anything will change as far as oppostion tactics go.

Jones might also fill the role quite nicely. He is way ahead of Armo IMO and Steven may still be a bit young.

What about Geary? Or if we want a pure clearance player, is Eddy capable.

Just random thoughts.

Cheers.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:What concerns me most going into next season is our midfield.

Merry Christmas Teff. Nice to see you back.

Interesting points you raise.

If Lovett goes, then Peake will be the key as to how good or bad it ultimately pans out.

Midfield is an interesting one. But given Ball's reduced game time, I'm not sure how anything will change as far as oppostion tactics go.

Jones might also fill the role quite nicely. He is way ahead of Armo IMO and Steven may still be a bit young.

What about Geary? Or if we want a pure clearance player, is Eddy capable.

Just random thoughts.

Cheers.
Cheers Milton - Merry Xmas to you also.

Jones I agree is ahead of others but to me he plays that stopper role so well that it would be hard not to see him continuing that.....Lovett was a creator with speed who also finishes brilliantly.

Geary/Armo/Stevens I hold great hopes for......are they enough to get us to the top consistently?......we shall see...

Eddy IMHO is an excellent runner and who can get it.....but lose it through ordinary disposal/decision making so I have him down a rung to be honest.

I know Ball didnt play huge game time but he was a battering ram (which the Pies admit they will use him for) so others could create. He was also a tackle machine......gonna be an interesting year.

Had Lovett come through and delivered what he did this year Id have said we have improved with Balls departure.........without himpossibly playing a game Im not so confident..

“Yeah….nah””
Milton66
SS Life Member

Let's not write off Lovett just yet.. unless someone has some concrete info. And if so, let's hope Peake can doa half decent job.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

im guessing that more 'gossip' will be around today or tomorrow seeing as the public holiday is now all done.

should be interesting
itll either be
:shock: :shock: :shock:
or
8-) 8-) 8-)

either way...the thread at 16 pages, has only really just started imo

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Lovett

I really wonder what you base it on, saying the Aborigines lived in peace and harmony before white settlement. It was a hunter-gatherer existence. They didn't grow crops or build cities.
It's easy for people in a modern western democracy to romanticise what would have been a nasty and brutal existence. There were probably very few choices in life back then.

As to playing the racist card, well that is hilarious.
The fact is that Aborigines are treated differently by society whether people admit it or not.
For many of the Aboriginal footballers, the game is a way of establishing themselves in society.
However it would be difficult for someone with a certain type of character who initially could be refused entry into a night club and then suddenly is welcomed in with his team mates, has more money and more attention from females than he's ever seen in his life.
"Caucasian" players particularly guys from the middle of nowhere would face a similar difficult adjustment but without the race factor. Clubs have done a lot of work recently in trying to manage these problems.
However you still hear "horror stories" like one lad a few years ago who gave up Yr 12 at his school in Melbourne when he got drafted to Port Adelaide. Didn't end up in the senior side but instead played in the SANFL where he was victimised by the stupid coach. Unfortunately not everyone can make it
Lovett HAS made it. He was an extablished player at Essendon. He obviously has the skills, the pace and everything else required to play at the highest level. It's his personal life that is the problem. This is something he has in common with many sportsman over the years.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
maverick wrote:[No you got it wrong, the more good footballers in your club the better, not good people.

Johnstone is lucky to be getting a game at the Lions. Spent half the year in the reserves. Fev is always a heart beat away from trouble. Are you seriously putting Lovett in the same class as far as footballers go as Fev and Didak?

And yes Lovett is trouble at the saints - that has now been proven. How much trouble has yet to be proven. Difference is Fev and Didak will get to show their talents at their respective clubs - Lovett, I fear will never get that opportunity. So Yes - the argument in that respect is compelling.
No, the argument was made that all are trouble and probably big risks, but one was used to say recruting DH's is bad news, but then goes on to quote them starring for their respective teams.

No comparison on ability meant, just on their attitudes/off field...
Last edited by maverick on Tue 29 Dec 2009 3:48pm, edited 1 time in total.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
How can we be 'heading backwards' when it's your contention that under Lyon's coaching we've never headed forwards?
Is it??

Anything else that I'm unaware of that you'd like to share with me?

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Didn't a certain NBA superstar get accused of rape a few years back?on Didn't the charges get dropped after a few court appearances? Didn't he go to win an MVP trophy and a championship? Shouldn't we all stop judging and let this play out in the courts (if it even gets that far). If Lovett turns out to have the same career trajectory as Kobe Bryant I'd be pretty happy.