Im not feeling the love people!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Im not feeling the love people!

Guys and Girls,

We are all a bit mystified and annoyed at the lovett debacle, but all is not lost, quite the opposite!

Im normally a glass half empty kind of guy, but on this one Im going glass half full.

Yes Lovett would have filled a massive hole for us, but he has ended up falling in one he has dug nicely for himself. Nothing anyone could have done. No risk, no reward.

As for Moneybags McBall, hell, it would be alot worse if we didnt have a Armitage for example.

I think many take for granted our leadership structure. Not all clubs have such a solid inspiring set up. RL IS the man for job ( I wasnt a fan at first), and we have a stellar A grade Captain, not too mention the likes of Lenny.

Our list Im guessing has a 3 year shot at top 4.

Did I not read that our membership is up 5000, yes thats 5000 , on this time last year? Fantastic effort, though the bandwagon may need some new suspension.

I believe the intra club game is in a few weeks, with the presason starting the week after. Sooner the better for me, lets get this s*** on!

Time to be EXCITED and POSITIVE friends.

We are at a unique time in our history, a history of one of the oldest sporting clubs on the planet. Never have we had a better window to get that elusive flag. 65- 71 may have been the last, and I believe we are in better shwp in this era. Take 65 - 71 out and its a LONG time with no HOPE and NO chance.

Yes , the recent recruiting/trading affairs may have added to the pain of the GF, but we are in good shape. I take note from those that know better than I re. our current list prospects and I think we have some juice in reserve.

So come on! Err, where the hell is the jiggster anyway, this is normally his job! :D

We have plenty to be excited about , and were not Melbourne.

saintlee
Club Player

Re: Im not feeling the love people!

iwantmeseats wrote:We are at a unique time in our history, a history of one of the oldest sporting clubs on the planet. Never have we had a better window to get that elusive flag. 65- 71 may have been the last, and I believe we are in better shwp in this era. Take 65 - 71 out and its a LONG time with no HOPE and NO chance.
We did alright in 1997 too....

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

saintlee wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:We are at a unique time in our history, a history of one of the oldest sporting clubs on the planet. Never have we had a better window to get that elusive flag. 65- 71 may have been the last, and I believe we are in better shwp in this era. Take 65 - 71 out and its a LONG time with no HOPE and NO chance.
er, we lost ! :D

saintlee
Club Player

iwantmeseats wrote:
saintlee wrote:
True, but we did have a lot of hope that year....at least up to half time on GF day.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintlee wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:
saintlee wrote:
True, but we did have a lot of hope that year....at least up to half time on GF day.....

bit further than that....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Yes we did. I guess my point in that respect is of "era's". 65- 71 was certainly one, we snatched a flag. 2004 till present is most certainly an "era" of "success" that we havent capatilised on yet.

Nothing much happened either side of 97.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I would say that 2004 was one of our best chances to win a GF. If only Gehrig had kicked two more goals during the season. We would not have lost our momentum as we did.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:I would say that 2004 was one of our best chances to win a GF. If only Gehrig had kicked two more goals during the season. We would not have lost our momentum as we did.
Great call, Barry. We had them on toast and that 100th goal definitely stopped the momentum.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:
saintlee wrote:
Agreed, once a Saints supporter, always a Saints supporter. We looked great in 98 only to fizzle out in the Finals. I am confident that this list and the coaching is better but as we all know, premierships are hard to get and I am going to be sceptical until the players are on that podium.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Recent history has shown we can look dead and buried halfway through the season and still be a chance for a GF, and with worse lists than we've currently got. FFS the team's only been on the park a week this year, the end of 2009 was pretty lousy, but it's hardly panic stations so far.

It's been nice to have gone missing for a few months, missing all the Ball and Lovett crap...chin up kids, it doesn't look so bad to me.

Milton66
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:Recent history has shown we can look dead and buried halfway through the season and still be a chance for a GF, and with worse lists than we've currently got. FFS the team's only been on the park a week this year, the end of 2009 was pretty lousy, but it's hardly panic stations so far.

It's been nice to have gone missing for a few months, missing all the Ball and Lovett crap...chin up kids, it doesn't look so bad to me.
Welcome back. I was actually thinking about you and what happened to you recently. :D

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
degruch wrote:Recent history has shown we can look dead and buried halfway through the season and still be a chance for a GF, and with worse lists than we've currently got. FFS the team's only been on the park a week this year, the end of 2009 was pretty lousy, but it's hardly panic stations so far.

Welcome back. I was actually thinking about you and what happened to you recently. :D
It's all a media beat up, I didn't touch anyone/anything!!!

FullMonty
Club Player

Agree with the initial post.

IMHO some on here are starting to sound like Richmond supporters with all the Carp that has been coming out since the Lovett incident/s

Montyrules!
bigred
Saintsational Legend

FullMonty wrote:Agree with the initial post.

IMHO some on here are starting to sound like Richmond supporters with all the Carp that has been coming out since the Lovett incident/s
That is why I reckon he is gorn. G O R N.

The bloke is poison.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Maxstar22
Club Player

I am hoping by the time the Intra Club match comes around all the negative bs that has been going on will fade and we will all be concentrating on the real stuff.

Then the love will be flowing :lol: