He is gone...rumour

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

such a waste but he gawn.

cant help but think the club handled this appropriately.

shame - many Essendon friends have said to me this guy can turn games on his own....just the midfield jet we needed.......and now we'll never know. No not the difference in our GF loss.....but IMHO a piece of the puzzle we lacked.......and no suprises the Cats wanted him a year earlier...what a moron.

Sure evryone says pace is overrated....but ball carrying speed with good finishing in a side that IMO is a tad one-paced....I could see what Lyon and co were doing.

That said - club must now act as swift as it can so this does not drag into the season.......hows Grams season gonna be affected?....would be pretty traumatic if it was your place/bedroom...and you'd have to think the cops arent finished with him yet.....so no doubt there will be impact.

Cut ure losses as soon as legally possible Saints.

“Yeah….nah””
asiu

Lovett has tainted footballers, the saints, and his people.
There's been a lot of indigenous footballers donating their time in a campaign aimed at lowering violence against women in the territory.
Class acts like Clarke and Davies.

How must they be feeling.
carrying the shame , as lovett will

FullMonty
Club Player

I would like to know what Essendon did over the several years he was with them. Surely whatever discipline he received from them was simply inadequate. Only he and the bombers know what that was but clearly it did NOT work.

A genuine waste of talent.
Was worth a gamble but didn't pay off.
Next.........

Montyrules!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

I want my draft pick back.

f***, when was the last time a first round draft pick we traded played more than 10 games.....

From memory

Watts pick 17 - 1 games

Brooks 6 & 22 - 10ish games

Lovett 16 - Zero games

Maybe hamill with 4.......

BTW its over - Not sure what else Lyon can come up with. What else can they do.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:Just glad this fella never actually took the field in a saints jumper.
And hope this issue will mean that Lyon et al realise there should
be certain standards besides on field ability that a potential recruit
needs to fulfill.
Lovett has tainted footballers, the saints, and his people.
There's been a lot of indigenous footballers donating their time in a campaign aimed at lowering violence against women in the territory.
Class acts like Clarke and Davies.
How must they be feeling.
IF he is guilty ......I hope the courts hear the evidence needed to convict

otherwise at this stage I wait till then

So many have him guilty before he has a chance to defend in a court of law

if it gets there....

at this stage he has a dubious past and certain claims of possible charges in the media

this seems enough to prove guilt for some.
Last edited by chook23 on Sun 10 Jan 2010 5:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

saint4life
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:I want my draft pick back.

f***, when was the last time a first round draft pick we traded played more than 10 games.....

From memory

Watts pick 17 - 1 games

Lovett 16 - Zero games

hammil?
at least brooks and watts gave me 2 years of hope.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Spinner wrote:I want my draft pick back.

From memory

Watts pick 17 - 1 games

Lovett 16 - Zero games

hammil?
at least brooks and watts gave me 2 years of hope.

Hamil played 98 games....and was club captain for a year....The first of the rotations.

I'd take that over the last three of nothingness.

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

Can't find anything posted in here about the other Herald sun article from today...

It named Jason Gram as the player whose bed was used for the 'incident.' Also claimed that Lovett is GONE and that it would be made official within the next week or two...

Very disappointing...

The article DOES disassociated Gram from any wrongdoings - mentions he has been very distraught over the incident

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

DalSanto was #13. I always thought we traded "IN" that pick !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

thirty-seven!? wrote:Can't find anything posted in here about the other Herald sun article from today...

It named Jason Gram as the player whose bed was used for the 'incident.' Also claimed that Lovett is GONE and that it would be made official within the next week or two...

Very disappointing...

The article DOES disassociated Gram from any wrongdoings - mentions he has been very distraught over the incident
The article is on the Fox website !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

Eastern wrote:
thirty-seven!? wrote:Can't find anything posted in here about the other Herald sun article from today...

Very disappointing...

The article is on the Fox website !!
Ok, thanks... I read it in the Sun this morning at work so was a bit confused when i couldnt find it online...

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Very disappointing...

Does not say he is gone

says almost as good as over

been a number of posts where the poster puts their own slant on what is written rather than reading and saying what is.

saint4life
thirty-seven!?
Club Player

chook23 wrote:

Very disappointing...

Does not say he is gone

says almost as good as over

been a number of posts where the poster puts their own slant on what is written rather than reading and saying what is.
Yeah, fair enuf... i sorta meant 'good as gone', but get ur point...

Actual quote is "Lovett's career looks all but over..."

matrix
Saintsational Legend

he's gone

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Yup.

G O R N.

Who gives a flower about the draft pick.

We dont need shyte like this anywhere near the club. Full stop.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Spinner wrote:when was the last time a first round draft pick we traded played more than 10 games.....
That'd be Heath Black of all people. We got the pick off Sydney (who got it from Richmond) in the Hall trade, flipped it to Freo for Black who passed it on to Melbourne for Farmer, who traded it to Geelong for Bizzell. Geelong drafted James Kelly. Not sure we won a first round trade since Hamill. Luke Livingston never did anything good for Carlton.

2000: Hamill for pick 4 (Livingstone)
2001: Black for pick 17 (Kelly)
2002: Brooks for pick 6 (Salopek)
2005: Watts for pick 17 (Pfeiffer)
2009: Lovett for pick 16 (Macmillan-Pittard)

Yeah nah pleasing positive
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:

IF he is guilty ......I hope the courts hear the evidence needed to convict

otherwise at this stage I wait till then

So many have him guilty before he has a chance to defend in a court of law

if it gets there....

In terms of his AFL career whether he is guilty or innocent will not be what is crucial in terminating or not his career.

It is whether he is charged or not/

If he is charged then that will end his career as for example it would takea year or two to come to court and the Saints will not play him if charged.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Quixote
SS Life Member

I haven't seen it discussed anywhere - What happens to Lovett's spot on the list? Do we go one short this season? Or promote a rookie or what..?

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
saintnick12
Club Player

Thats the first time I've seen it actually confirmed as Gram's place. I'd heard rumours, but surely they'd be pretty sure before putting that into print. I haven't heard any other rumours as to which other saints (if any) were there, but have seen a few references to "some team mates" so assume more than just Gram was with him that night.
Also, they haven't named the Collingwood player which is most likely because that will identify the victim. In fact this is the first time I have seen the team the ex boyfriend plays for being named. Maybe there is a supression order. If or when it goes to trial, could get very, very messy. Of course, these types of trials are always very very difficult, but this one will have the added complication of being played out to an extent in the media due to the people involved. Seems likely that Lovett will be an ex saints player by that stage, having never set foot on the park in the jumper.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Richter
SS Life Member

The alarm was raised after the woman told another resident of the house she had been raped. Gram was apparently distressed when he found out what had happened.
First time it has been put in the papers, but it seems clear that this is what a number of posters have been hinting at with comments like "the players won't play with Lovett".

Hope the girl's ok.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:I haven't seen it discussed anywhere - What happens to Lovett's spot on the list? Do we go one short this season? Or promote a rookie or what..?
i dont the actual ruling. but i reckon this might be an "exceptional circumstance" and the saints might be able to negotiate with the afl to promote a rookie.

im sure some other poster will be on top of this. i cant think of any precedents off the top of my head?

what happened to west coast in 2008? could they promote a rookie to replace cuz? i cant remember??

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Sounds like it is a lot more serious than a footy issue so I think I am going to hold off on any comments now.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
Spinner wrote:when was the last time a first round draft pick we traded played more than 10 games.....
That'd be Heath Black of all people. We got the pick off Sydney (who got it from Richmond) in the Hall trade, flipped it to Freo for Black who passed it on to Melbourne for Farmer, who traded it to Geelong for Bizzell. Geelong drafted James Kelly. Not sure we won a first round trade since Hamill. Luke Livingston never did anything good for Carlton.

2000: Hamill for pick 4 (Livingstone)
2001: Black for pick 17 (Kelly)
2002: Brooks for pick 6 (Salopek)
2005: Watts for pick 17 (Pfeiffer)
2009: Lovett for pick 16 (Macmillan-Pittard)

Good work!

Not a good run, even with Black playing for two-three seasons. Got Fiora in the end for him......

asiu

We dont need shyte like this anywhere near the club. Full stop
that sounds like something an ex coach might have said

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:
We dont need shyte like this anywhere near the club. Full stop
that sounds like something an ex coach might have said
Or even what might have been said about an ex coach :wink: :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)