How are we rating our youngsters?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:Heyne can use his body cleverly and is a handy mark. He definitely has the abillity make something out of nothing. Is anyone old enough to remember Gary Lofts? I see a lot of him in Nick Heyne.

I agree though, for him to make it, it will come down to application on the track.

I certainly remember Lofts. #16. Was a big fan of his ability, if not his moustache :D

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Oh, and on Winmar, let's actually see him in at least a practice match before we cast him aside as the next Brad Howard.

Remember, there have been plenty of guys who blitzed at the draft camp and never played a single game, and Winmar won't be the first draftee who sits near the back of the pack during time trials in his first professional pre-season. He's quite tall for a wingman (190cm),. Maybe he is still growing...

saintDal
Club Player

cwrcyn wrote:Oh, and on Winmar, let's actually see him in at least a practice match before we cast him aside as the next Brad Howard.

Remember, there have been plenty of guys who blitzed at the draft camp and never played a single game, and Winmar won't be the first draftee who sits near the back of the pack during time trials in his first professional pre-season. He's quite tall for a wingman (190cm),. Maybe he is still growing....
One thing I like about Winmar is that he is a very good kick. Theres a few videos of him on youtube and I reckon he could possibly rival Goddard as one of the better kicks at the club. At the 40sec and 2:40sec marks of the video you can see he can kick it a fair way with good penetration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKp8HZTnHfw

SaintWodonga
Club Player

No one here seems to rate Heyne...

I think he could play a couple of games this year.

Please quote me if he doesn't...

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

SaintWodonga wrote:No one here seems to rate Heyne...

I think he could play a couple of games this year.

Please quote me if he doesn't...
Some must, just look at the top of the screen :wink: