Ross cant do much more than this???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Shaggy wrote:I cannot keep an open mind on this.

Lovett and Sheen were the same day and they are repeat offenders alleged (in terms of violence to women).

The legal system is very imperfect and is not about right and wrong but proof.

Anyway my family is to stay away from Saints matches unless we dump him or the girl comes out and says it was nonsense. Simply being found innocent in court is not enough for me. Similarly Sheen is banned as viewing on TV in our family. There are bigger issues here than footy.

I appreciate bigred’s thoughts which said what I felt.

No means no and being asleep or out of it drunk doesn’t mean yes and being a wife doesn’t mean she has contracted to be a punching bag.
fair enough. but who is sheen? the car racing guy? excuse my ignorance...
I think he means Charlie Sheen, the dude from "Two and a Half Men"

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
kickittokosi!!!!
Club Player

This bloke is clearly an F***-wit!

I can understand those who may feel the need to support him based on his current status as a saints player and what he could potentially add to the saints on game day, but there only 1 logical outcome here, he goes.

Regardless on the allegations truth, he's clearly an undisciplined mess and not the type of character you'd want at your footy club.

We should actually consider ourselves lucky that his was only with the saints for such a short time (only a month or so)!

He came, stuffed up bigtime, and now he's gone. Actually, sends a good message to the young guys, don't you think?...

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.
Go saints!

go saints!
bigred
Saintsational Legend

And to think this bloke has never got a kick for the club or even pulled on a match day guernsey.

Not worth the drama.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
older saint
SS Life Member

Lovett and Sheen were the same day and they are repeat offenders alleged (in terms of violence to women).

Anyway my family is to stay away from Saints matches unless we dump him or the girl comes out and says it was nonsense. Simply being found innocent in court is not enough for me. Similarly Sheen is banned as viewing on TV in our family. There are bigger issues here than footy.

No means no and being asleep or out of it drunk doesn’t mean yes and being a wife doesn’t mean she has contracted to be a punching bag.
Agreed the legal system is imperfect however why should you a) punish the club and b) punish yourself by staying away from the games when it may not be possible to sack him immediately (both legally and financially).
Using this logic I assume you joined after 2004(?) when the Milne / Montagna incident occurred?
I think it is unfair to punish the remaining 41 players, coaches etc for the possible actions of one moron. JMO

DWOODROW
Club Player

kickittokosi!!!! wrote:This bloke is clearly an F***-wit!

I can understand those who may feel the need to support him based on his current status as a saints player and what he could potentially add to the saints on game day, but there only 1 logical outcome here, he goes.

Regardless on the allegations truth, he's clearly an undisciplined mess and not the type of character you'd want at your footy club.

We should actually consider ourselves lucky that his was only with the saints for such a short time (only a month or so)!

He came, stuffed up bigtime, and now he's gone. Actually, sends a good message to the young guys, don't you think?...

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.
Go saints!
+1

degruch
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote:

Agreed the legal system is imperfect however why should you a) punish the club and b) punish yourself by staying away from the games when it may not be possible to sack him immediately (both legally and financially).
Using this logic I assume you joined after 2004(?) when the Milne / Montagna incident occurred?
I think it is unfair to punish the remaining 41 players, coaches etc for the possible actions of one moron. JMO
Hmmm...yes, it seems by that logic, you have been supporting two guys who you deem should have been dropped 5-6 years ago.

Unfortunately, I got an SMS prior to the GF from a (now, for a number of reasons) ex-mate of mine who said he hoped we lose, any team that supports rapists gets what they deserve! I told him that they were legally innocent (whether right or wrong) and at that point, the club and the supporters would only be interested in their sporting ability...what else can you do other than find another club to follow and hope one of their players doesn't c**k up royal?

I agree with an above post that claimed the board would explode if Lovett WASN'T sacked. Myself, if that were to happen, I'd be applying the logic I have just stated. Meanwhile, waiting, waiting, waiting.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:Unfortunately, I got an SMS prior to the GF from a (now, for a number of reasons) ex-mate of mine who said he hoped we lose, any team that supports rapists gets what they deserve!
A Collingwood supporter??????

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:
degruch wrote:Unfortunately, I got an SMS prior to the GF from a (now, for a number of reasons) ex-mate of mine who said he hoped we lose, any team that supports rapists gets what they deserve!
A Collingwood supporter??????
No, just a standard garden variety d**khead. Honestly, who (other than a Collingwood supporter supposedly) pulls out that kind of crap before a friend's team plays in the GF???

asiu

ex-mate of mine
cut off a couple of mine as well during the '09 season ... amazing

my 2* didnt even have the grace to wish me /us good luck on granny day

grubbles , not worth the trouble

* both black and whiters

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote: For blokes an "ex' is never really an "ex". For women an "ex" may as well belong to a previous century.
Yeah - I can vouch for this. Lord knows Ive been dumped enough times

:lol:
Thanks, Con. I'm glad someone knows what I'm talking about.

Only...I hope what you just said isn't true. I wouldn't wish that much pain on one of my "brothers" (fellow Saints supporters)! Sadly, it's part of life.
sure is true! once for a fireman. next time for an investment banker! cant win!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote: For blokes an "ex' is never really an "ex". For women an "ex" may as well belong to a previous century.

Only...I hope what you just said isn't true. I wouldn't wish that much pain on one of my "brothers" (fellow Saints supporters)! Sadly, it's part of life.
The Fireman and Joffa???

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

The Fireman and Joffa???
I'm NOT a Bankster

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Bring on the season boys!

Rally Speech of Henry V

(Excerpt taken from William Shakespeare's classic play, Henry V)

Scene overview: The English armies are tired and ready to quit. Yet the French armies, who outnumber the English 5 to 1, are fresh and are ready for war. King Henry had to inspire his men to enter the battle despite the overwhelming odds against them.

WESTMORELAND
Of fighting men they have full threescore thousand.

EXETER
There's five to one. Besides, they are all fresh.

SALISBURY
God's arm strike with us! 'Tis fearful odds.

WESTMORELAND
O, that we now had here
But one ten thousand of those men in England
That do no work today.

KING HENRY
What's he that wishes so?
My cousin Westmoreland? No, my fair cousin.
If we are marked to die, we are enough
To do our country loss; and if to live,
The fewer men, the greater share of honor.
God's will, I pray thee wish not one man more.
By Jove, I am not covetous for gold,
Nor care I who doth feed upon my cost;
It yearns me not if men my garments wear;
Such outward things dwell not in my desires.
But if it be a sin to covet honor,
I am the most offending soul alive.
No, 'faith, my coz, wish not a man from England.
God's peace, I would not lose so great an honor,
As one man more, methinks, would share from me,
For the best hope I have. O, do not wish one more!
Rather proclaim it, Westmoreland, through my host,
That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let him depart. His passport shall be made,
And crowns for convoy put into his purse.
We would not die in that man's company
That fears his fellowship to die with us.
This day is called the feast of Crispian.
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand o’ tiptoe when the day is named
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbors,
And say ‘Tomorrow is Saint Crispian:’
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars.
And say ‘These wounds I had on Crispian’s day.’
Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,
But he’ll remember with advantages
What feats he did that day. Then shall our names,
Familiar in his mouth as household words,
Harry the King, Bedford and Exeter,
Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester,
Be in their flowing cups freshly remembered.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne’er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered -
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother, be he ne’er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
(Henry V, Act 4. Sc. 3)

That's how we'll feel years from now, boys, when we look back on the Flag. Then all that pain will have been worth it!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

"we shall fight, with growing confidence and growing strength in the air
we shall defend our island,
whatever the cost may be...
we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets...we shall fight in the hills
we shall never surrender"

..there goes the siren that warns of the air raid, there goes the sound of the gun sending flak

opps

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

I was getting annoyed at some people's opinions then i thought...everyone here is a Saints supporter!

How good is that?
(Might have to start a new post about this one...maybe)

On this forum I don't have to worry about....

.....the old a#gh^l3 i talked to in a pub while communing with my fellow humans who, when he found out who i barracked for said :"Oh well you can't help that..."

...the arrogant H^wks supporter who said to me 2 weeks after the granny "You still following football, are you?"

...the B*mbers supporters who are living in the
past and can only reel off the no. of wooden spoons we've won
(Trivia question: who won the Grand Final in 1897 and 1924. If you answered Ess&ndon you'd be wrong. There was no GF in those years. There was a 'round robin' or something.)

....the tools who ring "Finey" on SEN especially in '07 when we had a bad year./ One guy had a classic "w%g" accent (don't accuse me of racism, that word is a mark of pride now) and he was either a Blu^s or B*mbers supporter. I quote:
"Mate, yuz've had so many top draft picks, yuz've been up there for so many years, and yuz've done nothin', yuz've won nothin'.

...the supporters of the once-great VFL teams (you know which teams!) who expect newspaper column space to be wasted on their shoddy outfits (I mean do you really give a flying f%^k who's captain of the red and black/yellow and black/blue team?`

...the f%$&wit at my work who follows WC and who probably has an inferiority complex about the Eastern States who is a really sad, nasty piece of work....always has a smarmy "funny" comment about StKFC

...the arrogant DE#S supporters who laugh at the Saints (with what justification? They've been in 2 GFs in 45 yrs which they've lost by record margins..

...the p*ddle and po%p H$wks supporters who won most of their flags due to their VFL zone and money, who think they will just go striaght back up to the top in 2010. Dream on!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

post of the month....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

I cant wait to see Hawthorn FAIL in '10.

I've seen them train twice this week....nothing special.

**** Bradbury premiers.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
degruch
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:post of the month....
Sig of the month Sting... :lol: Gawd Newman's a waste of oxygen, his next angry ex needs to back over him in a heavier car.

saintnick12
Club Player

bigred wrote:I cant wait to see Hawthorn FAIL in '10.

**** Bradbury premiers.
Very funny!! Loved it :lol: :wink:

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:I cant wait to see Hawthorn FAIL in '10.

**** Bradbury premiers.
Funny how ppl develop a hatred of certain teams. For me Carlton is a given, but the hawks really get on my nerves. Buddy (whilst a champion player) flexing at the crowd after kicking a goal, Brown thumping his chest and attempting to be a mini version of his dad. The coach mouthing off at anyone in his vicinity as soon as things don't go his way. The Hawk walk (has there been a bigger wankier gimmick made up by a group of players?) Supporters appear to have that 'born to rule' mentality which often stems from the leafy eastern suburbs of Melbourne (I should know as this is where I have come from) that make you want to vomit. 'We know how to win flags down at Glenferrie - that's the difference'

Bunch of wankers who can be over the top arrogant and a pain the ar*e at games.

IN short - I agree Big Red 8-)

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:'We know how to win flags down at Glenferrie - that's the difference'
Mind you, even with generous zoning and bags of cash, it took 'em a fair while to work it out...unfortunately, it didn't stay that way forever. :x

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

I think that the H%wks' run of success in the '80s almost destroyed football. It amy have been one of the driving forces behind introducing the draft and salary cap.

Plus, three years in a row they knocked out an exciting, 'sentimental favourite' team in the Prelim:

'85: Footscray
'86: Fitzroy
'87: Melbourne

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I cant stand their stink.

Their colors sum themup - need I say more?

Collingwood is pure hatred - but theyre dumb.

Carlton = crooks

Essendon = "we are better than everyone..."....never really warmed to Hird.......admired as a player....but hes a silver tail....

Nth Supporters - have heard som dreadful things at games from these low lifes.

Dogs - dont mind.

All interstate clubs = its like play a "corporation"....they each have no soul, no color and cr@p songs that sound like gay Viking row boat tunes.

Geelong - despise. Not for their succes...its the coach, the fullback, the arrogance...."chappy"......hate em all.

Richmond ? - who are they?....good song.....that is all.....ahhhh Ben Cousins wouldve been handy to back up Hayes GF day....but alas....the do gooders reckon he was to much trouble....how ironic now with the Lovett mess.....

Everything else is noise.

“Yeah….nah””
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Ben Cousins wouldve been handy to back up Hayes GF day....but alas....the do gooders reckon he was to much trouble....how ironic now with the Lovett mess...
Wasn't really fussed with BC, but equally wasn't fussed when we didn't get him, as he was a 'nice to have', not a 'need to have'. Lovett's a bit different, could see him as being very handy indeed, adding some spark to the team that, up to now, has been somewhat missing. The behaviour off-field of either player didn't factor into it...until now. :x

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Just got the 'bradbury premiers'' reference...took a while. The Winter Olympics guy. Implying that the other teams fell over?
very good.