Training Tuesday Jan 19th 10am

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigred
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
bigred wrote:Image

Freakin Racehorse.

--

Gotta admit...he looks pretty hard.
Please don't get above yourself, yes he can kick lace out to a running player and yes he can mark with clean hands...(judging by today's public try out)

Yes he has a good physique, but again I would like to see him against some decent opposition and not a training run...

Ah yes, he has proven he can win a contested footy in Gaelic football and has great skill with his both foot and hand and has the ability to avaid opponents at will....

Am I missing something....

:wink:
lols.

He still has a long way to go. No doubt about it.
I am yet to see him train, let alone play however I am looking forward to it.

I really just posted the pictures as that is the first decent semi close up photograph I have seen of him since he lobbed.

How crazy does Nick look though.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
asiu

Four letters too long?
:)

he looks (nick) like a man on a mission alright , glad he ours

tis good being a sainter

( my finals tix went to tassy with a friend , nick was supposebly signing them before headn back) ... :) ... cheeky , but good .. (must ask)

...and i still reckon dempster will turn out solid

and , go the irish dude ....hehehehehehehe ....us in ten

and i'm even starting to think , nick as capitarn over len , was the smart move

matrix
Saintsational Legend

any word of practice matches this year??
there was a port one over here last year?
remember that?
an 11 goal belting?

just wondering when any practice matches are announced.

DWOODROW
Club Player

matrix wrote:any word of practice matches this year??
there was a port one over here last year?
remember that?
an 11 goal belting?

just wondering when any practice matches are announced.
6th of march here in townsville. We are playing Noth Mackay :wink:

Milton66
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:Agree with all of the above, especially the comment about many of the boys looking leaner.

Things I noticed...

Ben McEvoy is looking very trim, seems to have lost the gangly teenagers body, and taken on quite the lean and athletic build.

It seemed to me that both Milne and Schneider may of been bulking up in the upper body?

Was Armitage out there? I left a little before the end of training and thought I saw him get in his car after chatting with a coach and it didn't look like he had participated in training?

Tommy looks great, really seemed to get into the boxing.

Zac seems really thin, or is that just me?

For those worried about the future, we certainly have our fair share of kids out there.
Thx for the heads up Kell and everyone else. :D

Interesting about Milne and Scheids. I wonder if they deliberately have decided to create that Chapman-like fwd player.

How did Jimmy go?

Also, was Raph out there and has he bulked up?

Thx again.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:Agree with all of the above, especially the comment about many of the boys looking leaner.

Things I noticed...

Ben McEvoy is looking very trim, seems to have lost the gangly teenagers body, and taken on quite the lean and athletic build.

It seemed to me that both Milne and Schneider may of been bulking up in the upper body?

Was Armitage out there? I left a little before the end of training and thought I saw him get in his car after chatting with a coach and it didn't look like he had participated in training?

For those worried about the future, we certainly have our fair share of kids out there.

Interesting about Milne and Scheids. I wonder if they deliberately have decided to create that Chapman-like fwd player.

How did Jimmy go?

Thx again.

Jimmy stood in the forward discussion for 40 minutes....Hard to tell.

Raph come out for the boxing....One of the things that was annoying was that most of the players were wearing run out tops with sleeves....Making it difficult to judge if they had bulked up....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:Scary avater Dools.

Still love the Exorcist, probably the greatest ever horror film.
never seen it you know.....hate scary films.....

thanx to those taking the time to file reports and answer questions...love the pics too.....
Last edited by stinger on Wed 20 Jan 2010 1:09pm, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

Things I noticed...

How did Jimmy go?

Thx again.

Raph come out for the boxing....One of the things that was annoying was that most of the players were wearing run out tops with sleeves....Making it difficult to judge if they had bulked up....
Yep, Jimmy was with the forwards, I am still not giving up hope.

I agree Spinner, it's hard to tell who had bulked up because of the t-shirts. I did notice Milne during the boxing though, it's hard not to notice Milne because he is so animated and everytime he punched he lifted his feet as well. Maybe it makes you look like you are working harder :)

stinger
Saintsational Legend

not a good move...you hit harder with your feet firmly planted on the ground.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

Things I noticed...

How did Jimmy go?

Thx again.

Yep, Jimmy was with the forwards, I am still not giving up hope.

I agree Spinner, it's hard to tell who had bulked up because of the t-shirts. I did notice Milne during the boxing though, it's hard not to notice Milne because he is so animated and everytime he punched he lifted his feet as well. Maybe it makes you look like you are working harder :)

Yeh, what i was noticing thou was RL wandering the boxing group just observing who was putting in. Spent a lot of time watching Simpkin and Geary I think box.......And a lot of the other rookies.

Also, could clearly hear Rooey yelling "get em up Paulie!, get em up Paulie!" to Paul Cahill. Just makes you think what type of impact a player like Riewoldt has on a club....In all facets not just on the field.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

SaintDebi wrote:It would be nice to be able to identify each other. I wonder if it would be too difficult to organise something like a SS button badge or something, so we could say hi if we happen to cross paths at games, training, events etc?
We could all wear badges that say - "You too can owe Eastern a beer! - Ask Me how!"
Last edited by Sainter_Dad on Wed 20 Jan 2010 2:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Highlights of the day:

Riewoldt chasing Dal as he had obviously hit him with a boxing glove before the session only for him to catch him and drown him in a hug.

Here you go Spinner, and some more....

http://images.slatterymedia.com/photogr ... b_code=all

asiu

mike tyson used to lift off with some of those uppercuts

what an animal

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Highlights of the day:

Riewoldt chasing Dal as he had obviously hit him with a boxing glove before the session only for him to catch him and drown him in a hug.

Haha awesome work!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Footy is becoming more professional and as it does us supporters get to see the players less often. Even the training session on Tuesday isnt regarded as a proper training session. Now i hear that there will be no after match get togethers at interstate venues this season but instead there will be a get together with interstate players at their home states before the season starts. Very disappointing for those who live interstate and those who travel up that they will not meet the players after the games.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Footy is becoming more professional and as it does us supporters get to see the players less often. Even the training session on Tuesday isnt regarded as a proper training session. Now i hear that there will be no after match get togethers at interstate venues this season but instead there will be a get together with interstate players at their home states before the season starts. Very disappointing for those who live interstate and those who travel up that they will not meet the players after the games.
true - the club must not forget - 'don't bite the hand that feeds'

whilst that may be the TV networks at the moment, long term it may be the wrong approach.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Footy is becoming more professional and as it does us supporters get to see the players less often. Even the training session on Tuesday isnt regarded as a proper training session. Now i hear that there will be no after match get togethers at interstate venues this season but instead there will be a get together with interstate players at their home states before the season starts. Very disappointing for those who live interstate and those who travel up that they will not meet the players after the games.
r u f****** kidding me??
there will be no after match functions for interstate games???
you pulling legs plugger or r u dinkum??

coz im about to do a gasket :evil:

asiu

gasket repair 101 can be found in this thread

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=59050 :roll:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

dont u have some vacuuming to do??
:twisted:

Sunday Red
Club Player

Agree somewhat, but I also think you have failed to take a lot into consideration.

Any time the team plays interstate, the game usually finishes around 10:30pm local. By the time the players get off the ground, warm down, eat/drink, fulfill media commitments, shower, change, pack etc. it's well after 11:30pm. Travel to hotel, eat dinner (remembering they wouldn't eat much before a game) and then who can sleep straight away after a game? I don't imagine many of the guys would be asleep before 1:00am before flying out the next morning. Ideal? Hardly.

Disappointing for our interstate fans if true, but you can understand it from a footy operations perspective.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

crap
oh they get to bed late
have media commitments
bloody three or four of them come up each year for half hr, not for a meal and a chat.

ill swap a day of their 'work' for a day of mine anyday.

asiu

dont u have some vacuuming to do??

actually , no

i'm laying back getting lessons in nair hair removal

easier than shaving (dont be telling millie) :)

she's just made a cup of tea , and addressed me as one of the worlds hairless wonders .... lifes good

what was the topic at hand again ? :lol:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yes nair was recommended to myself as well when i jokingly said one day itll be pretty cool to be completely smooooooooth all over.

the girls ears pricked up and quickly suggested nair if i was a woose and couldnt handle the rip it off method.
i thought about it for...around 4 secs

saintnick12
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Highlights of the day:

Haha awesome work!
Love that pic of the two Nick's mucking around.

Couldn't make it to the open session as I was working, but it was great to see all the photos and updates from those that were there. Thanks alot guys!!!! It is much appreciated. Having only joined the forum in GF week, I was not aware that all this info was out there....don't know how I lived without it for so long...lol.....

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
asiu

i thought about it for...around 4 secs
:)

yea , and then chose nair !

i'm not built for pain either