Good news for all interstate Sainters

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintlee
Club Player

Good news for all interstate Sainters

"This February, the Saints are coming to a town near you!

Meet and greet key players of the mighty Saints as the boys travel to all corners of the country as part of the unique and unprecedented ‘Saints in Your City’ program.

If you’re a St Kilda member or supporter in Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Hobart, Launceston or Perth, this is your opportunity to meet your favourite players and wish them all the best for the busy year ahead."

http://www.saints.com.au/season2009/new ... fault.aspx

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i got all excited for a minute
then realised its 6 players coming over

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

imo best decision taken by the club in the past 50 yrs

the realization that the games no longer a pyssy little suburbun comp but a truly national comp

a 1/3 of our membership is either distant country ,interstate or overseas & taking the club to the people has gotta be applauded

the benefits down the track will far outway the initial costs

pat on the back to the visionary at the club

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

rogerwa wrote:imo best decision taken by the club in the past 50 yrs

the realization that the games no longer a pyssy little suburbun comp but a truly national comp

a 1/3 of our membership is either distant country ,interstate or overseas & taking the club to the people has gotta be applauded

the benefits down the track will far outway the initial costs

pat on the back to the visionary at the club

Is this a way out considering they have apparently ceased after match interstate functions....

IMO if is, its a bit of a slap in the face.

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

can understand them pyssing off pre & after game chyt.... at the end of the day the players job is to get the 4 pts & if thats what it takes its fine by me

its the officals job to meet the masses

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

a good mate of mine brad has been pushing for 10 yrs or so the idea of clinics for kids around the country

taken a long time mate but your dream has come true...better late than never

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Very good for us Interstaters, been waiting for a long time for this. Michael Nettlefold told me this would happen when they were up here last year. So he is a man of his word. Also said, they had wanted to do it before the the club wasn't in a financial position to do it. So this is good news for everyone. :D

Qld Saints Supporter Group
saintly
Saintsational Legend

Re: Good news for all interstate Sainters

saintlee wrote:"This February, the Saints are coming to a town near you!

Meet and greet key players of the mighty Saints as the boys travel to all corners of the country as part of the unique and unprecedented ‘Saints in Your City’ program.

If you’re a St Kilda member or supporter in Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Hobart, Launceston or Perth, this is your opportunity to meet your favourite players and wish them all the best for the busy year ahead."

i bet this is instead of after or before interstate matches meetings.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Not sure how this is good news for interstaters. One day in february versus one or two after and before match functions. Nothing better than seeing the players after a great interstate win. Anyone doesnt really have much bearing on me except for a couple of trips a year. If interstate people like it then the Saints are on a winner.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Not sure how this is good news for interstaters. One day in february versus one or two after and before match functions. Nothing better than seeing the players after a great interstate win. Anyone doesnt really have much bearing on me except for a couple of trips a year. If interstate people like it then the Saints are on a winner.
Half hour rushed with grumpy players and drunk supporters v 2 hrs with happy players and supporters. Easy :lol:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Not sure how this is good news for interstaters. One day in february versus one or two after and before match functions. Nothing better than seeing the players after a great interstate win. Anyone doesnt really have much bearing on me except for a couple of trips a year. If interstate people like it then the Saints are on a winner.
Half hour rushed with grumpy players and drunk supporters v 2 hrs with happy players and supporters. Easy :lol:
Versus only Sam Gilbert and Armo compared to the whole side.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:
We have more than Gilbo and Armo coming and we don't always have the whole side. Last year we had Raph, CJ, Geary and Allen. Didn't even have time to interview Allen.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:
We have more than Gilbo and Armo coming and we don't always have the whole side. Last year we had Raph, CJ, Geary and Allen. Didn't even have time to interview Allen.
Who else is coming. I thought it was just players returning to their home state.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

No, we also have Dal, Jack Steven and James Gwilt, very happy with them. :lol:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

S.A:

PLAYERS IN ATTENDANCE

Sam Fisher, Rhys Stanley, Paul Cahill, Raphael Clarke, Ben McEvoy and Tom Simpkin

*Players list subject to change at the discretion of the St Kilda Football Club

Rickabee
Club Player
Location: Sydney, but grew up in Melbourne - 1st Saints match = Rnd 4 1966

Unfortunately, no visit to Sydney!

I guess we miss out up here. Maybe next year???

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Rickabee wrote:Unfortunately, no visit to Sydney!

I guess we miss out up here. Maybe next year???
Saints in Your City - Sydney

COCKTAIL FUNCTION
Where – Swans Club
28 Darlinghurst Road, Kings Cross
When – Friday 5 February, 6:30pm – 8:30pm

FREE KIDS CLINIC
Where - Bat and Ball Field, Cleveland St
Moore Park West
When – Saturday 6 February, 9am – 11am

http://www.saints.com.au/saints%20in%20 ... fault.aspx

Rickabee
Club Player
Location: Sydney, but grew up in Melbourne - 1st Saints match = Rnd 4 1966

Thanks Matrix!

Any idea which Saints players are coming up to Sydney? Lenny Hayes???

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Rickabee wrote:Thanks Matrix!

You guys will probably get Lenny :evil:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:
Rickabee wrote:Thanks Matrix!

You guys will probably get Lenny :evil:

Event: Sydney-Cocktail Function
Date: 05 Feb 2010

PLAYERS IN ATTENDANCE

Lenny Hayes, Blake McGrath, Will Johnson, Sean Dempster, Tommy Walsh and Stephen Milne

*Players list subject to change at the discretion of the St Kilda Football Club

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Winmarvellous
Club Player

Might take my kid to the clinic but doubt I'll attend the Friday night. While I like everyone on the list, nobody coming to Perth particularly wants to make me give up my Friday night. Howl me down if you will, but that's just me. Hopefully, things might change in the future (I'm looking at you Winmar :) Nothing against them personally mind you.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:Very good for us Interstaters, been waiting for a long time for this. Michael Nettlefold told me this would happen when they were up here last year. So he is a man of his word. Also said, they had wanted to do it before the the club wasn't in a financial position to do it. So this is good news for everyone. :D
the Western saints were also glad to here Michael Nettlefold is listening to us interstate members !

imo Nettlefold has been a revelation for us interstate members

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Re: Good news for all interstate Sainters

saintly wrote:
saintlee wrote:"This February, the Saints are coming to a town near you!

in all honesty the club doesnt like interupting the players mineset befor the games so pre game functions are always not going to happen (and honestly we want the team to win more then anything else so thats understandable )

as for after game meets ... i know in perth the players barely get to cool down after the game befor they are wisked off to fly home (again understandable as they all have homes they want to get back to and they dont want to mess with their routine ) a pre season or post season meet and greet is much better as it means the players can focus on whats important

i bet this is instead of after or before interstate matches meetings.

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

think about it logically befor the games the players are in meetings and focusing on the task at hand .... after the game the players are focused on recovery and prep for the next week .....

meeting the players befor the season is a great idea as it gets us all excited for the upcoming games !!!

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:Might take my kid to the clinic but doubt I'll attend the Friday night. While I like everyone on the list, nobody coming to Perth particularly wants to make me give up my Friday night. Howl me down if you will, but that's just me. Hopefully, things might change in the future (I'm looking at you Winmar :) Nothing against them personally mind you.
:roll: :roll:

i am more then happy with our boys comming home , after all we are the Western Saints ...

looking forward to it ... just make sure you get in early for your tickets as they will sell faster then a Clinton Jones chase and tackle :D