Good run with injury in '09 no accident

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:page 7 and a .LIAR has appeared.

Oh yeah...........

what a true to form thread :D :D
I thought you'd like that.

:)

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:page 7 and a .LIAR has appeared.

Oh yeah...........

what a true to form thread :D :D
I thought you'd like that.

:)
Wonderful.

Always one of my favourites :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
markp
Saintsational Legend

Perfect... and right on quittin' time.

asiu

ahhhhhhhhhmygod

made my daughter catch the bus home earlier :lol: , now she's got the sh!ts as well ... its tooooo much of a laugh around here ... good onya's

... as sure as the sun rises in the west... sir Babbalot the Knoght in shining armour felt compelled to ride in and defend GT's legacy...
:D

i like him as well

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

and they all lived happily ever after.

Milton66
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:Is everyone in agreeance that injuries are what cost us a flag under GT?

Wow, that's a turnaround.
Yup, I'm a liar. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol: :lol:

Don't really care Gazrat.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:Is everyone in agreeance that injuries are what cost us a flag under GT?

You are a liar.

I didn't introduce GT into this thread at all you liar.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:

but its all good , as long as the 'lynchmob' doesnt rear its empty head again :)

yep...it's all good......you can still crack me up mate.... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
asiu

In fairness to the previous administration and GT (this is not designed to incite)

from the op

ta shark ... talkn about empty heads .... it was pointed out to me , that maybe al wasnt tapped , but rather he did the tapping ..... (ta e)

its been well 'handled' if either have a ring of truth about them , theres been no whisper has there ?

and a supplementary question

why doesnt andrew love me anymore ?

PJ
SS Life Member

You forgot the nyeh, nyeh na nyeh nyeh.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

I know there’s not much going on at the mo but there must be something we can talk about other than Grant Thomas - perhaps whether we prefer french fries or crinkle cut chips!

For what it's worth I happened to like GT when he was coaching us and believe he did leave us with a legacy, particularly in regards to leadership & loyalty. Like most I didn’t see his sacking coming. I was shocked but fairly quickly came to realise it was the correct decision. He simply wasn’t going to take us forward.

Is RL better than GT? Who cares, RL has got the gig and only a fool would suggest he hasn’t done a good job thus far.

GT is gone and will never coach us again. If we’re gonna talk about him we may as well talk about Blight, Watson, Alves, Sheldon etc etc.

Anyway, back to those chips..................

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

He may well have been alluded to, but I believe this was the first post that actually named 'GT' in this thread.

My understanding of the thread was that WhiteWinmar was posting that Misson's work at the Club was a positive.

Meher Baba posted that he was yet to be convinced that Misson's work was the sole contributory factor.

Then this gem appeared.

Milton66
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

You are a liar.

Liar liar... pants on fire.

Ooooh, I am mortally wounded by your sharp tounge and cutting accusations.

Nice try Stoolman. Not biting. :lol: :lol:

You really are embarrasing yourself.

BTW, have you had the decency to apologise to Milan Faletic yet??
Last edited by Milton66 on Wed 27 Jan 2010 10:34pm, edited 1 time in total.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:I know there’s not much going on at the mo but there must be something we can talk about other than Grant Thomas - perhaps whether we prefer french fries or crinkle cut chips!

For what it's worth I happened to like GT when he was coaching us and believe he did leave us with a legacy, particularly in regards to leadership & loyalty. Like most I didn’t see his sacking coming. I was shocked but fairly quickly came to realise it was the correct decision. He simply wasn’t going to take us forward.

Is RL better than GT? Who cares, RL has got the gig and only a fool would suggest he hasn’t done a good job thus far.

GT is gone and will never coach us again. If we’re gonna talk about him we may as well talk about Blight, Watson, Alves, Sheldon etc etc.

I'll start to respect chips vs French fries as a topic when it can produce a 53 page thread in GF week. And not before.......

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Milton66
SS Life Member

meher baba wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:I know there’s not much going on at the mo but there must be something we can talk about other than Grant Thomas - perhaps whether we prefer french fries or crinkle cut chips!

I'll start to respect chips vs French fries as a topic when it can produce a 53 page thread in GF week. And not before.......
At least I know how to get a sustainable thread happening/// unlike your feeble attempts. :D :wink:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:

He may well have been alluded to, but I believe this was the first post that actually named 'GT' in this thread.

My understanding of the thread was that WhiteWinmar was posting that Misson's work at the Club was a positive.

Meher Baba posted that he was yet to be convinced that Misson's work was the sole contributory factor.

Then this gem appeared.
Actually I have found a reference to GT in the OP.
So therefore I am wrong in stating that rodger was the first to mention the name 'GT'

I still believe his post was nothing more than another attempt to 'troll/bait, but others choose to view his motives differently.
I also note with interest that he has not bothered to attempt to address the deliberate misspelling (IMO) of 'Violent' so that he can later deny he ever denied it.

But hey, each to his own I suppose.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Then this gem appeared.
So therefore I am wrong in stating that rodger was the first to mention the name 'GT'

I still believe his post was nothing more than another attempt to 'troll/bait, but others choose to view his motives differently.
I also note with interest that he has not bothered to attempt to address the deliberate misspelling (IMO) of 'Violent' so that he can later deny he ever denied it.

Technically, you are the liar :wink:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

You are all a bunch of fkn .LIARS :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
It's not an accusation.

You, once again, have lied.

It's a weak trait that I despise. And you do it very often.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:

Poor old Mr Magic.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Poor old Mr Magic.
Why isn't he a .LIAR RF?

Lance or James??

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Why isn't he a .LIAR RF?
He has my sympathy to be honest.

Milton66
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:

Then this gem appeared.
I guess we should apologise to RF. :D

Milton66
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
It's not an accusation.

You, once again, have lied.

It's a weak trait that I despise. And you do it very often.
Oh, thx to Mr Magic, I see your point Stoolman / stool Pidgeon.

I WAS WRONG!

See, that's the diference between you and I.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

No. We were never in a position to win a flag under GT.

What you have to do RodgerFox, is to make a Grand Final. then you have a chance to win a flag.

You seem not to understand this simple concept.

I'll take you through it. GT was coach in 2004 and 2005 when we made the PF. He was responsible for the management and coaching of the team. He must take responsibility for not getting the Saints to a position to where they could challenge for a flag, i.e. a grand Final.

RL was coach in 2008 and 2009 where we reached a PF. He was responsible for the management and coaching of the team. In 2009 we reached the Grand Final. This means we were in a position to challenge for a flag. RL must take responsibility for not winning the flag.

It is two seperate and diverse arguments. You can argue that injuries contributed to the Saints not getting into a GF. You can NEVER argue that injuries cost us a flag under Thomas because we never were in the Grand Final under Thomas.

Conversly, we can argue poor kicking, not using Ball, poor tactics etc cost us the flag in 2009 because RL, as responsible coach and manager got his team to the Grand Final.

So it is clear. We never had a chance to win a flag under Grant Thomas because simply we never made a Grand Final.

We DID have a chance to win a flag under Ross Lyon because we DID make a Grand Final.

Really, there is no grey on this issue. It is stark and clear.

No deflections, semantics, smokescreens, assumptions, or inferences can change that simple overriding fact.

Live with it.

Lance or James??