Armo looking massive!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

DWOODROW
Club Player

I was just about to say much the same. I only get to see most of his games on TV as well so it's hard to see whether he is running back in defence or what is going on off the ball but I grew up with him and know what he is capable of. We'll see what happens this year. It's going to be a big One. 8-)

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
evertonfc wrote:Great to see he's bulked up, but has he worked on his two main problems - pace and endurance?
I think his 2 main problems are the defensive side of his game and disposal. No problems with the other 2 IMO.
I don't mind the defensive side of his game, he's a fine tackler. His disposal isn't NDS-esq but it's still quite decent.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

DWOODROW
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
evertonfc wrote:Great to see he's bulked up, but has he worked on his two main problems - pace and endurance?
I think his 2 main problems are the defensive side of his game and disposal. No problems with the other 2 IMO.
I don't mind the defensive side of his game, he's a fine tackler. His disposal isn't NDS-esq but it's still quite decent.
I don't think there is anything wrong with his tackling. I think Plugger is referring to him running back into defence to help out. Correct me if I'm wrong plugg but that is the only thing I can think off. His tackling is great.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Trouble is not many of our players have NDS-esq disposal skills.

I suppose that's why some of us, including myself, were looking forward to Lovett taking to the field. Oh well :cry:

ace
Saintsational Legend

He needs to work on that tummy a hell of a lot more before its' size will even rival mine.
I spent a lot of time eating and sitting on a couch to achieve my huge waist. :wink:

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I don't think there is anything wrong with his tackling. I think Plugger is referring to him running back into defence to help out. Correct me if I'm wrong plugg but that is the only thing I can think off. His tackling is great.
His tackling is great. A perfect example of what i am getting at is he was dropped last year after the North game. Was on Swallow pretty much the whole game. Swallow best on the ground. Armo just OK.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
His tackling is great. A perfect example of what i am getting at is he was dropped last year after the North game. Was on Swallow pretty much the whole game. Swallow best on the ground. Armo just OK.

must have upset some that......we promised this kid we would draft him the year before the roos got him.....went back on the promise..

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

I agree with plugger. So far armoo has been a disappointment to me. I watched him closely in a couple of games this year (especially in the north game ) and he just wasn't working hard enough. When he get's it he seems to know where the goals are, and there's no problem with his desire/courage when the ball is in his vicinity - it's armoo getting to the vicinity of where the ball is that has been his problem. IMO he needs to push himself a LOT harder. He rarely gets over 15 possesions in a game which isn't good enough for a midfielder/fwd player.

It appears the penny has dropped though. I hope so for his sake and the saints. Certainly the signs appear a lot more promising this pre-season.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Hmm. I posted a quote from Rossy a few days back talking up the size of Armo's tank. Seeing is believing but then again Armo wasn't the subject and Ross offered that info up for nothing. Make of that what you will.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
loris
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

must have upset some that......we promised this kid we would draft him the year before the roos got him.....went back on the promise..

yep stinger...that was a poor call by John Bevo.......said Swallow couldn't kick that was reason he didn't recommend going with him. He totally forgot Andrew had been in heavy runnning training hoping to make the track team for the Commonwealth Games, and his legs weren't developed for kicking footys then. He was combining footy & athletics at that time, hadn't made the decision which way to go.

Took until September for him to re-sign with Roos last season......... think we were hoping to get another crack at him. Alas not to be ....my prediction.... he could possibly be a future captain at the Roos. Good luck to him, pity we missed him and I know it wasn't GT's call it was definitely Bevos.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: pity we missed him and I know it wasn't GT's call it was definitely Bevos.
Unlike the call to pick ball ahead of Judd then?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
loris wrote: pity we missed him and I know it wasn't GT's call it was definitely Bevos.
Well that is totally incorrect.

loris
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Not privy JB to any the ball judd decision making...don't know the families. :wink:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Is it?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Is it?
Yes and straight from Bevo's mouth. He wanted and thought he would get both. He didnt think WCE would take Judd but would take Sampi or Polak and freo would take the other one.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Is it?
Yes and straight from Bevo's mouth. He wanted and thought he would get both. He didnt think WCE would take Judd but would take Sampi or Polak and freo would take the other one.
Regardless of whether anyone thought we would get both, Ball was taken ahead of Judd.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Is it?
Regardless of whether anyone thought we would get both, Ball was taken ahead of Judd.
Yep correct because obviously Bevo thought Ball was the better player.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
Am I missing something? It's not like Roo and Kosi where we had two picks in a row.

We had picks 2 and 5. If the decision was made to take a player at 2, there is a risk that you won't get the other player at 5. Therefore you take the player you rate higher at 2.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Am I missing something? It's not like Roo and Kosi where we had two picks in a row.

We had picks 2 and 5. If the decision was made to take a player at 2, there is a risk that you won't get the other player at 5. Therefore you take the player you rate higher at 2.
He did that. I dont get what you say you dont get.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Not privy JB to any the ball judd decision making...don't know the families. :wink:

unlike some other footballing family hey loris.......???....the stories you could tell..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
kosifantutti23 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I don't get this:
"Yes and straight from Bevo's mouth. He wanted and thought he would get both. He didnt think WCE would take Judd but would take Sampi or Polak and freo would take the other one."

Furtius Quo Rdelious
stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Is it?
yep...we were always going to get two of the three.....hawks messed things up by swapping for the no 1 pick....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
kosifantutti23 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I don't get this:
"Yes and straight from Bevo's mouth. He wanted and thought he would get both. He didnt think WCE would take Judd but would take Sampi or Polak and freo would take the other one."
I still dont get it. He took Ball first because he rated him higher than Judd. he then hoped Judd would get to pick 5 but WCE stuffed that up by taking him. I really am confused with what you are wanting or saying.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
I still dont get it. He took Ball first because he rated him higher than Judd. he then hoped Judd would get to pick 5 but WCE stuffed that up by taking him. I really am confused with what you are wanting or saying.
So what was "totally incorrect" about what Joffaboy said above?

Furtius Quo Rdelious
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
So what was "totally incorrect" about what Joffaboy said above?
Read it closely. JB is saying Bevo didnt pick Ball but someone else suggested we pick him.