Alice Springs: Punishment for losing to Collingwood

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

lazy
Club Player

saintnt wrote:Lazy: I too am offended by this post. As a long suffering Saints supporter, it would be nice to introduce my five month old daughter to the Saints in our home town. We endeavour to get to a few matches a year, but seeing them at home is the best. BTW, my husband and I are owners in a restaurant here in Alice and I will be contacting the Saints about having a player meet and greet at the restaurant if they are playingup here.
Hi Saintnt - I am flying down to Alice tomorrow for a couple of days. Which restaurant do you own?

saintnt
Club Player

Lazy: We own Bluegrass Restaurant which is opposite KFC. If you go in tomorrow night, I will be there from about 8pm. Make yourself known to one of the guys there, Michael and he will point you out when I get there.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Great place The Alice ........... some people are very uncomfortable when they get out of their 'suburban environmental bubble' and can't cope with experiencing and opening up to different ervirons, climes and cultures.....they are more the poorer for it IMHO, not the town/area they haven't taken the time to know.

Hope you get to see the Sainters play there saintnt....a loss in the first round of the meaningless NAB cup wouldn't concern me one iota.

I go to the Alice every so often for the Masters Game....next time I'll know where to bring our hungry swimming team to dine out. :P

Last time I was there - lots of indigenous lads wearing Saints jumpers.

lazy
Club Player

saintnt wrote:Lazy: We own Bluegrass Restaurant which is opposite KFC. If you go in tomorrow night, I will be there from about 8pm. Make yourself known to one of the guys there, Michael and he will point you out when I get there.
Hi saintnt - sorry I didn't get there on this trip - got highjacked elsewhere by my work colleagues - will definitely look you up next time I am down in glorious Alice. If the Saints end up playing there i a couple of weeks I'll make a sincere effort to travel the 1,500km to be there for the game.

ACTSAINTER
Club Player

Have spent two stints in Alice over the last few years, had a kick and did a bit of work at Traeger Park, bumped into Rupert Betheras (ex filth) at the Crowne Plaza and had dinner at the Bluegrass Restaraunt. Not sure if you were there saintnt at that stage but have great memories of the place. Biggest suprise I got was driving into Tennant Creek and a lot of the locals were decked out in their Saints gear!! If the Saints have to travel to Alice I just wish I could be there.

"Oh I do love to be beside the sea side..........................................."