Grand Final Replay

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Ive watched over half - was impressed to see:

How well and influencial Goddard was...

Just how well (goal kicking aside) Milne competed.....

Hayes I knew was good....but 11 touches and 1 goal in qtr 1 had them shytting...

Gram was very good.

Kosi needs to offer more across 4 qtrs...

Ottens I reckon won the ruck contest.

Chapman/Mooney/Bartel best by a mile for them

Riewoldt needed his lead up game going (if he could run) but instead had the ball kicked on top of his head all night making Taylors life easy...

We had them on toast.

“Yeah….nah””
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Ive watched over half - was impressed to see:

How well and influencial Goddard was...

Just how well (goal kicking aside) Milne competed.....

Hayes I knew was good....but 11 touches and 1 goal in qtr 1 had them shytting...

Gram was very good.

Kosi needs to offer more across 4 qtrs...

Ottens I reckon won the ruck contest.

Chapman/Mooney/Bartel best by a mile for them

Riewoldt needed his lead up game going (if he could run) but instead had the ball kicked on top of his head all night making Taylors life easy...

We had them on toast.
Good assessment, Teflon.

Two things really stand out.

Goodard was a massive loss.

Spot on about Kosi.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Just watched parts of the 2nd half of the Prelim Final again..

Roo..breathtakingly gobsmackingly awesome

Lenny/Dal/Chipper....brilliant

Would love to see the 1%-ers stats for that half of footy..and I reckon Raph would be first and daylight second. He did some very very important things

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote: Would love to see the 1%-ers stats for that half of footy..and I reckon Raph would be first and daylight second. He did some very very important things
lol - must be getting close to the start of the season, lets get those pro v anti Raph threads fired up.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I should think we have had enough anti-Raph threads on this board. Time to ride someone else. Any suggestions?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:I should think we have had enough anti-Raph threads on this board. Time to ride someone else. Any suggestions?
Whipping boys are so prehistoric, IMO

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

Nope.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Is it my imagination, or has there been a fair selection of St Kilda losses shown on the 'AFL Classics' shows across the airwaves? Has Tim Lane infiltrated the programming management of every station?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:Is it my imagination, or has there been a fair selection of St Kilda losses shown on the 'AFL Classics' shows across the airwaves? Has Tim Lane infiltrated the programming management of every station?
We have lost a lot of big games over the years.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
yipper
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote:
degruch wrote:Is it my imagination, or has there been a fair selection of St Kilda losses shown on the 'AFL Classics' shows across the airwaves? Has Tim Lane infiltrated the programming management of every station?
Won quite a few as well!!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Still gutted about it. It's daunting to think we had one of the most brilliant seasons EVER and had gotten through so much...only to lose it in the dying minutes! Grrrrrr........

For so long it's taken me to push aside that feeling that "even though we're in front, we're never out of the woods". In 2009 I felt as if we were unstoppable. In the last quarter I would have thrown everything I own in the firm belief we had it in the bag....thank god I didn't! :( That last GF really hurt my confidence, as well as the heart strings.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Won quite a few as well!!!
My thoughts exactly. Besides, some of these 'classic' replays are (a) a bit recent and (b) a bit lame. Where's a few of our stirring wins over Collingwood? I'm half expecting 'them' to play Sirengate and 'Whispers in the Sky' soon as classic games!

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

I don't know how any of you can watch it.
You may as well head to the kitchen now, grab a big fat knife, cut a nice deep cut and make sure its deep. Once you given yourself a nice gashing wound then go to cupboard and grab the salt and pour. Once you have poured the salt into that wound then give it a good rub.

I can't watch a second of it, I don't want to ever see any vision of that Grand Final, nor the 1997 Grand Final. As far as I am concerned those Grand Finals have been erased from my history.

As for ones before I was born, them GF's don't seem to cut as deep as the ones I have had to witness.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
sainter#4
Club Player

ive watched up until scarletts toe poke and turned it off....

-thought milney played well without affecting the god damn score board.
-thought roo was gettting frustrated with having an off day and was doing stupid things eg jumping over packs of our players and causing the ball to fall to geelongs advantage
-still believe if goddard wasnt injured he would have been the differance, was amazing whilst he was 100% fit
- still consider montagnas goal to be a great goal

-thought we were a "quick" missing, and the likes of byrnes and others were always beating us to the ball when it mattered
- on the day we had no real X factor among our 22, you new roughly what you would get from everyone and their was no one to give us a moment of brillance to prehaps snatch it for us.
- when blake rucked it was clear we dominated proceedings untill ottens came back on and evened the ledger.

just my two cents :lol: :wink: