THE DVD

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Is any of the GF on there, or is it just the home and away?

Qld Saints Supporter Group
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Saint Bev wrote:Is any of the GF on there, or is it just the home and away?
GF aswell! not a great ending to the DVD

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
StSteven
Club Player

IluvHarvey wrote:
StSteven wrote:2009 was a failure. I don't want to be reminded of it until we redeem ourselves and I can look at this as a "learning opportunity"!
2009 was a very good year, unfortunately didn't go all the way but I wouldn't call it a failure. There were some very impressive and positive things that occured.
Do we get a flag that says "2009 - Very impressive and Positive"...if not it was a failure in AFL terms. there can only be one thing in AFL for it to be called successful - A flag.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

StSteven wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:
StSteven wrote:2009 was a failure. I don't want to be reminded of it until we redeem ourselves and I can look at this as a "learning opportunity"!
2009 was a very good year, unfortunately didn't go all the way but I wouldn't call it a failure. There were some very impressive and positive things that occured.
Do we get a flag that says "2009 - Very impressive and Positive"...if not it was a failure in AFL terms. there can only be one thing in AFL for it to be called successful - A flag.
With that way of thinking why bother going to any home and away games? Just turn up to the grand final if thats all that counts.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:
StSteven wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:
With that way of thinking why bother going to any home and away games? Just turn up to the grand final if thats all that counts.
this.

StSteven
Club Player

If we win every game this year but lose the GF, will that/this be a successful year?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Like many others on this site I have followed the Saints for a long time. Long enough to remember going to the footy each week when out team was crap, and losing, often by a huge margin, was a regular occurrence. We have become almost spoilt in recent years with regular finals appearances, albeit without grabbing the ultimate prize.

2009 was a great season, an enjoyable season, if ultimately an unsuccessful season. A 20/2 season, a GF appearance and almost a Flag. While we fell short in the last 30 minutes of the season, and that is cause of great anguish, we nonetheless had a season we could only have dreamt of a decade earlier. And while I hate losing the GF the fact is I love footy and I love going each week. As soon as a match is over I start pining for the next one.

Hypothetically, if someone offered you a season where you lose every week of the H & A but win the GF we’d probably all take it, as we desperately want that 2nd flag. However if they offered it again the following season I’d say no thanks as I really need to enjoy my footy from April through to August and not just on the last Saturday in September.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Just watdhed the DVD

Would be interestng to know if Tony Jones' narration was written before they cut the vision, because the two rarely married together. Time and again he'd be talking about player A whilst on screen you saw Players B,C.D and E kick goals

Oh and "chasm" isnt pronounced phonetically

It also didnt need that awful music running all the way through it, often drowning out the commentary

Having said that, was a nice snapshot of the season and definately worth watching IMO

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Who is Luke Ball?

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

To saint66au Yes Michael, all in all a reasonably good snapshot of the season. I'm in agreement with the poster who says that if 09 is to be put down as "failure" then why indeed bother going to H&A games? OR do away with Finals and simply run the comp as a League and whoever sits top at Seasons end wins the premiership.
I'm ready to risk the heartbreak again! :lol:
GO SAINTS!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)