Lovett lodges notice of grievance with club

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

JMsainter
Club Player

stinger wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:Can you guys please start a thread where you can just abuse the living daylights out each other and leave other threads alone.
This is ridiculous.

This is a Football forum! Let's talk about football!

i haven't abused anyone...just picked them up on a very racist statement...got abused for my trouble...as usual.....

, don't read it....and don't give me directions...

....for the record..i find your post abusive as well as bullying......
Do the words "self control" or "self discipline" actually exist in your vocabulary? Argue with me all you want, but leave others alone.

Fired Up Again For 2010. Go Saints!!!

Kepp dreaming those impossible dreams. Spend every minute of everyday striving to reach your dreams.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:Can you guys please start a thread where you can just abuse the living daylights out each other and leave other threads alone.
This is ridiculous.

Or better yet, take it to PM.

Do they really think anyone else is at all interested???

why comment then...???..and your suggestion about pming is offensive to me...why would i want to pm that poster ffs..... :twisted: :twisted:

your's is just another attempted bullying post afaic.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

JMsainter wrote:
stinger wrote:
This is ridiculous.

i haven't abused anyone...just picked them up on a very racist statement...got abused for my trouble...as usual.....

Do the words "self control" or "self discipline" actually exist in your vocabulary? Argue with me all you want, but leave others alone.
you know what you can do with your advice.... :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
JMsainter
Club Player

stinger wrote:
JMsainter wrote:
stinger wrote:
This is ridiculous.

you know what you can do with your advice.... :roll: :roll:
I rest my case. :D

Fired Up Again For 2010. Go Saints!!!

Kepp dreaming those impossible dreams. Spend every minute of everyday striving to reach your dreams.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

BACK ON TOPIC

The difference between the two articles written today;

Herald-Sun article by Mark Warner, and

The AGE EXCLUSIVE by Samantha Lane deserve comment.

IMHO The Warner report was a balanced piece of journalism whilst Lane appears to be taking the "scatter gun" approach and trying to inflict as much damage as possible to BOTH sides, going as far as naming the respective Law firms !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
This is ridiculous.

Well I tried asking nicely and this is the reponse i get.
When was your last post about Lovett or football in this thread?
I'm sick of the childish behaviour on here.

What directions are you talking about??
Last edited by IluvHarvey on Fri 12 Feb 2010 1:51pm, edited 1 time in total.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
markp
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
markp wrote:
This is ridiculous.

Or better yet, take it to PM.

Do they really think anyone else is at all interested???

why comment then...???..and your suggestion about pming is offensive to me...why would i want to pm that poster ffs..... :twisted: :twisted:

your's is just another attempted bullying post afaic.....

Yes, it's all about you.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:BACK ON TOPIC

The difference between the two articles written today;

Herald-Sun article by Mark Warner, and

The AGE EXCLUSIVE by Samantha Lane deserve comment.

IMHO The Warner report was a balanced piece of journalism whilst Lane appears to be taking the "scatter gun" approach and trying to inflict as much damage as possible to BOTH sides, going as far as naming the respective Law firms !!
Have you got links Eastern? I read Sam Lane's one yesterday and found she was too busy trying to give the impression she was on top of some vital information to present any new facts. Always willing to give the benefit of the doubt, but always find it hard to like SCOOP and EXCLUSIVE journalists.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

JMsainter wrote:Maybe you should join forces with Mr Baba and tar and feather me?
How dare you drag me into this!!

My comment about "tarring and feathering" was made in the criticism of those who keep calling for rodgerfox to be banned from the forum.

I have never suggested that anyone be banned for the forum, have never contacted the mods complaining about anyone else.

Right from the day you joined this place you have been nothing much more than a troublemaker.

I don't want you banned: there's been enough banning laready as a result of your contributions to this forum.

But it's way time you pulled your head in.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

I can see this thread being locked very soon and someone, already suspended from the General Forum, trying very hard to get a holiday from this one as well.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Here are the link to the AGE article;

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/l ... -nv3a.html

The Herald-Sun article seems to have vanished !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Here are the link to the AGE article;

Just fleshing out yesterday's article really. Yes, there seems to be a liberal smattering of exciting phrases to make the whole things seem tense and about to explode. I'm just wondering how seriously AL's lawyers were considering a legal challenge to the club, taking into account that they would have to tiptoe around evidence from the police investigation in order not to prejudice their findings. I reckon that legal action was the last thing they were considering.

Yes, naming the law firms involves achieves nothing but to add credibility, or the impression that the jouro has been doing their homework. Not much exclusive there. We wait.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:

Just fleshing out yesterday's article really. Yes, there seems to be a liberal smattering of exciting phrases to make the whole things seem tense and about to explode. I'm just wondering how seriously AL's lawyers were considering a legal challenge to the club, taking into account that they would have to tiptoe around evidence from the police investigation in order not to prejudice their findings. I reckon that legal action was the last thing they were considering.

Yes, naming the law firms involves achieves nothing but to add credibility, or the impression that the jouro has been doing their homework. Not much exclusive there. We wait.
Regardless of all this, standing down a player when no charges have been laid for over a month is dicey territory IMO.

I'm backing Lovett and his stance, not the club.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
degruch wrote:

Regardless of all this, standing down a player when no charges have been laid for over a month is dicey territory IMO.

So you are backing a guy who has never played a game and trained for 4 weeks over a club who has many facts. Good to see you have your priorities right.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
degruch wrote:

So you are backing a guy who has never played a game and trained for 4 weeks over a club who has many facts. Good to see you have your priorities right.
I think the reality is that both parties are handling this as best they can bearing in mind their own circumstances.

I'm not backing anyone over anyone else though obviously my loyalties lie with the club I've followed for a very long time.

I just look forward to the time when this is all put to bed (oops, sorry for the bad choice of words!)

degruch
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
degruch wrote:

Yes, well, each to their own. I agree with Dr Spaceman in that both parties are handling their respective positions properly. Poster's who want to discard the M&M incident seem to be overlooking the fact that the club as used it as a blueprint for handling this incident - they've been there before, and they know what they're doing this time.

On the other side, going through the AFL Grievence process is the right way to go for AL, if he wants to play sooner rather than later. Legal action outside of this is nothing but a furphy IMO.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

I suspect that the club made this decision with the FULL support of/direction from the AFL !!

bozza1980
Club Player

bozza1980 wrote:You may well be right.

I would suggest we will only find out in the event that no charges are laid.
bigred wrote:I think it may be even more apparent if charges are NOT laid.
I think we are in violent agreement here,

in the event no charges are laid

if charges are NOT laid

Or is there a hidden meaning I have missed??

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
bozza1980
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
degruch wrote:

I'm backing the club, I think they are dealing with a difficult situation as best they can.

I also support Lovett's right to test the legality of the penalty. I mean the whole reason for a grievance process is to sort out grievances, right or wrong I have no problem with someone questioning a penalty they have received.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
degruch wrote:

Yes, well, each to their own. I agree with Dr Spaceman in that both parties are handling their respective positions properly. Poster's who want to discard the M&M incident seem to be overlooking the fact that the club as used it as a blueprint for handling this incident - they've been there before, and they know what they're doing this time.

On the other side, going through the AFL Grievence process is the right way to go for AL, if he wants to play sooner rather than later. Legal action outside of this is nothing but a furphy IMO.
Not sure these sort of cases ever really have a "blueprint" to follow TBH......I can see IF there is some unrest with girlfriends of players etc that the blueprint for this and M&M would be vastly different.

Each of theseon their merits/facts for me.

“Yeah….nah””
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

What I heard today leads me to believe that he will never play for St Kilda, Collingwood, Hawthorn and of course Essendon.

Doubt any other team would touch him either.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:What I heard today leads me to believe that he will never play for St Kilda, Collingwood, Hawthorn and of course Essendon.

Doubt any other team would touch him either.
Give me some hope Bernard.....please!!!

“Yeah….nah””
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Andy was most definitely not at the intra club this afternoon.

Definitely not.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

"Are you actually serious. Comparing Hurley with what AL could be charged with is a disgrace. You have no idea. Sexual assult on a woman is one of the worst crimes that can happen. No wonder you only come on late at night when no one can challenge such a stupid statement." From Plugger 66.

Cop this you bonehead, yes, I am claiming that, exactly. Ever been bashed senseless for no reason? Ever spent months being afraid in public places? Do you have any understanding that a crime of violence is a crime of violence, irrespective of your gender or race. THAT'S WHAT CRIMES OF VIOLENCE ARE, you ignorant tosser.

Why have women's movements spent so long trying to ensure sexual assualt is treated as PRECISELY a crime of violence, and not a sexual crime? Why don't you spend a bit of time and actually keep up.

And, I'll tell you why I only come on here late at night - because when I read what you put forward when I pop in during the day, it bores me shyteless. I need a decent night out, and a belly full of grog, to even respond to the garbage you spit out 24/7.

You hold no superior position to lecture on crimes of violence. They are what they are - heinous, horrid, terrifying for every victim.

And, your claims that one type is worse than another just confirms to me what little you really know. And, when you know little, you really should STFU.

I suggest you take your superior knowhow to the Court system and help them understand how the cab driver dragged out of his cab by Hurley, bashed until he went horizontal, and then kicked in the head, is not as worthy a victim as the woman who claims to have been sexually assualted by Lovett.

I was going to add, how you make me laugh and vomit at the same time, but I figured that might be over the top.

Until 2 a.m. next week, eh?

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
degruch
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:"Are you actually serious. Comparing Hurley with what AL could be charged with is a disgrace. You have no idea. Sexual assult on a woman is one of the worst crimes that can happen. No wonder you only come on late at night when no one can challenge such a stupid statement." From Plugger 66.

Cop this you bonehead, yes, I am claiming that, exactly. Ever been bashed senseless for no reason?
Ever been raped whilst conconscious? Not sure how the two crimes compare...I guess the taxi driver had the ability to defend himself. Regardless, I don't think either of you are in a position to lecture, or speculate. Hurley's charge is not even close to AL's, because Hurley actually committed a crime and has admitted as such. AL's is still unproven, so don't get too carried away.