NAB CUP JUMPER

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Captain Impossible
Club Player

A pretty awful jumper. Almost as bad as the yellow 'pura lightstart' debarcle.

SteveStevens66
Club Player

As a point of information does anyone know who is responsible for making the decision to introduce new jumpers and who is charged with designing them? Are the various stages of the process determined by committee or individuals and who has the final authority to sign off on a new design?

Carna Saints!!!
brewski
Club Player

the jumper is a shocker nearly as bad as last years apron, should put it to a members vote before they manufacture these tops

i would think with potential revenue to the club on a successful pre-season strip they would put in more effort

the club knows what we like and wont re-visit them ie hot cross bun and vertical candy stripes

i would love them to use last years training tops with the cross as a pre-season top but keep it in the white or black not the green and gold

watched the swines play last night and they have nailed a great looking shirt

Banned by the censors
matrix
Saintsational Legend

brewski wrote:the jumper is a shocker nearly as bad as last years apron, should put it to a members vote before they manufacture these tops

i would think with potential revenue to the club on a successful pre-season strip they would put in more effort

the club knows what we like and wont re-visit them ie hot cross bun and vertical candy stripes

i would love them to use last years training tops with the cross as a pre-season top but keep it in the white or black not the green and gold

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=52308
8-)

stinger
Saintsational Legend

no..didn't really like it.......if you are going down that track...better to resurrect the hot cross bun imhfo.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
siph

It looked terrible..

The fact that it went

Made it look like they had their shorts up around their waist..

Bad bad bad bad.

Might have got the red and white around the wrong way, regardless, having black on the bottom was a terrible idea.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

SS posters made many better designs a couple of years back IMO....

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

7, 12 and 13 are good imo

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Must admit, the new jumper on Ball made me sick to my stomach.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

not a fan of this guernsey. it looked like the bulldogs.

i reckon any tinkering with something we hold as important as the guernsey should be a variation on the traditional look ... not a complete re-design.

but that's just me.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
The club shield should never be the focal point of the jumper IMO... It Should take it's usual place on the heart...

I believe our home jumper should always remain the tri panel whereas our away/ clash should always be based around the cross...
You sir need to get down to the club ASAP - you make far to much friggin sense.

That jumper Friday night with the ridiculous over blown crest on front is second only to the faded Levis apron in attrocious. Seriously, might be ok as a rugby top worn casual off field wear....but as a jumper?

Realbad - looked pathetic.

Whats wrong with no 7 fromoptions above OR even better the black cross training tops we had??

FFS the cross as a symbol has such a strong, almost medi-evil feel about it....it screams strength and we **** it everytime?

STOP blowing up the crest to ridiculous proportions, use STRONG COLORS, and as an away use the CROSS as the basis for the design.

Do these simpletons at the club - BEFORE they go and run off thousands of these consult any supporters? honestly, Ive seen way better efforts on Saintsational than what the club has designed.....do they READ this site?

It annoys so much - we have the best colors by a mile (imagine trying to be creative with Hawks shyte) and screw it up by margartita sipping marketing tossers who probably follow soccer.......GO ASK SOME SUPPORTERS FFS.

Would not pay 10 cents for this cr@p.

“Yeah….nah””
lefty
Club Player

That NAB jumper is absolutely horrible.

Get rid of it.

Get the candy stripe jumper back instead.

The thought of that NAB jumper is just horrible

ace
Saintsational Legend

The Saints have NEVER lost a game in this jumper.

Pity they didn't use it 5 months ago.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Option 6 (and it's inverse, or the red version) was the best. Pity it only lasted a year... as a training jumper.

Not a fan of the NAB jumper. It couldn't be used as a clash strip anyway, so I don't see the point, other than to sell a few jumpers.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
avid
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:SS posters made many better designs a couple of years back IMO....

Sorry, I don't think this counts as "many" better designs!
But among them Options 6 and 7 look like real footy jumpers to me, and quite smart.
All the others, plus the NAB one, plus our previous basketball singlet one, are just hoplessly fiddly, 'novel' and tryhard.
Basically, a kid has to be able to draw it with a Texta (or whatever the equivalent computer paintbox is now) if it's going to be any good at all.

The bun and the candy stripes are the only successful variants we've had, in my book.
I just love the REAL St Kilda jumper. It will never be improved on.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

avid wrote:
Armoooo wrote:SS posters made many better designs a couple of years back IMO....

Sorry, I don't think this counts as "many" better designs!
But among them Options 6 and 7 look like real footy jumpers to me, and quite smart.
All the others, plus the NAB one, plus our previous basketball singlet one, are just hoplessly fiddly, 'novel' and tryhard.
Basically, a kid has to be able to draw it with a Texta (or whatever the equivalent computer paintbox is now) if it's going to be any good at all.

The bun and the candy stripes are the only successful variants we've had, in my book.
I just love the REAL St Kilda jumper. It will never be improved on.
Push comes to shove I'll take option 4 over what we wore Friday...thats at least 3 options with 6&7 above that are ahead of what the clubs come up with imo.

“Yeah….nah””
Saint_Ash
Club Player
Location: Either work, home or the footy, maybe a pub somewhere

IluvHarvey wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:terrible, seriously. Get rid of it.
I really liked them until I saw them in a game. I hope we ditch them next year.
Same here.

Saw it in the merchandise catalogue and almost purchased one. After seeing them on Friday night I am glad I went for the traditional jumper.

saintlee
Club Player

I thought it looked fine.....its only a practice match jumper anyway, who cares!

ThePunter
Club Player

The NAB Cup jumper looked like a tank top.

My mother had the same reaction as a few of you - looked good on paper (in the merchandise brochure), but not on the actual players.

Saints7
Club Player

NAB Cup guernsey looks great - simple and strong - posters saying it looks crap that were using the CLUB LOGO!!?? as the focal point....are you actually being serious? Nothing more powerful as the team running out with the CLUB LOGO across their chests - looked great IMO. But, I'm not one to bag the Club at everything they do, and realise that this guernsey isnt replacing the Club jumper, its being used for a maximum of what , 4 games? Its fun, and I hope they change it every year......mainly to give some of you something to do!

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

matrix wrote:
brewski wrote:the jumper is a shocker nearly as bad as last years apron, should put it to a members vote before they manufacture these tops

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=52308
8-)
Yeah but some Pics should be big!!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Saints7 wrote:posters saying it looks crap that were using the CLUB LOGO!!?? as the focal point....are you actually being serious? Nothing more powerful as the team running out with the CLUB LOGO across their chests -
I know which one I thinks more powerfull...

VS

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Saints7 wrote:NAB Cup guernsey looks great - simple and strong - posters saying it looks crap that were using the CLUB LOGO!!?? as the focal point....are you actually being serious? Nothing more powerful as the team running out with the CLUB LOGO across their chests - looked great IMO. But, I'm not one to bag the Club at everything they do, and realise that this guernsey isnt replacing the Club jumper, its being used for a maximum of what , 4 games? Its fun, and I hope they change it every year......mainly to give some of you something to do!
I love sheep. They always do what they are told, never question anything and hide behind "its from the club so therefore above comment"

Sheep make excellent pets.

As for the two jumpers - as Armooo points out above ......last years training tops ARE far more powerful than that dribble on Friday.

You see, its not just about a "bit of fun" we are in a tight business, with tight margins and huge competition (not just AFL) but globally for supporter dollars.......if Man U's top looks awesome and little Johhny's daddy loves soccer as well as saints....he may decide that any extra income best go there........WE need to grab that revenue.

This is an ENORMOUS revenue spinner for our club (and cost) - IF we use our brilliant colors to max potential, market them and come up with a killer design the envy of all........we stand to make mega bucks for some time to come.......its a friggin business after all.

“Yeah….nah””
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:As for the two jumpers - as Armooo points out above ......last years training tops ARE far more powerful than that dribble on Friday.
The way the cross goes around the back really draws attention to the sponsor as well, which would have to keep them happy.

Since Freo gets three jumpers (traditional, white, purple), I don't see why we couldn't use both those training tops to prevent ever having any clashes again. Wear our traditional strip for home games and the white cross against dark teams and the light cross against dark teams. If Essendon want to pay us off to wear their crap against us, then we put that money towards signing one of their players in 2012.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Saints7 wrote:NAB Cup guernsey looks great - simple and strong - posters saying it looks crap that were using the CLUB LOGO!!?? as the focal point....are you actually being serious? Nothing more powerful as the team running out with the CLUB LOGO across their chests - looked great IMO. But, I'm not one to bag the Club at everything they do, and realise that this guernsey isnt replacing the Club jumper, its being used for a maximum of what , 4 games? Its fun, and I hope they change it every year......mainly to give some of you something to do!
I love sheep. They always do what they are told, never question anything and hide behind "its from the club so therefore above comment"

Sheep make excellent pets.
you really know how to make people feel welcome.... Just an opinion
as yours is... But you need to denigrate it- both have merit- a Simple- I disagree would have done.. :shock:
everyone likes differant things- that doesn't make it wrong.

I like Blue but that doesn't stop me wearing red white and black...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107