Parking around Etihad - advice please

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

GRAMophone
Club Player

Parking around Etihad - advice please

I'm a bit out of my comfort zone as my regular carpark [near Dudley St] has closed.

Does anyone use the Wilson carpark at the bottom of Burke St. [near National Bank building] and if so is it an ok option?

HOPELESSLY DEVOTED
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Try the carpark opposite the one that closed down. You need to enter from the side street and put coins in the slot to pay ($9) but it's OK and it's only another 30metres to walk !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

If you don't mind a nice walk, the multi-level at Harbourtown has a $5 flat rate, and you can get a bite to eat before the match.

GRAMophone
Club Player

Thanks for those ideas folks - often go to the footy by myself [hopelessly devoted female fan] and trying to avoid scary places after late games :shock:

HOPELESSLY DEVOTED
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

It gets full earlyish often but as we are only playing the Swans...try street parking in Adderley St behind the remand centre..its the street that runs between Dudley St and Latrobe St Last time I was there it was free after 5pm on Sat's and is well lit and used by plenty of footy fans. Its a 5 min walk to the Latrobe St end gates

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
fingers
Saintsational Legend

gramophone***111 wrote:Thanks for those ideas folks - often go to the footy by myself [hopelessly devoted female fan] and trying to avoid scary places after late games :shock:
Then perhaps the carpark near the corner of Spencer and Lt Collins (on Lt Collins) Lots of footy people park there.

GRAMophone
Club Player

Thanks - I know where you mean - don't mind arriving early

HOPELESSLY DEVOTED
ace
Saintsational Legend

gramophone***111 wrote:Thanks for those ideas folks - often go to the footy by myself [hopelessly devoted female fan] and trying to avoid scary places after late games :shock:
Our sainters beat Collingwood so don't have to play them again in the NAB cup.
No Collingwood supporters should make the area around the stadium safer.
Can't say the same for your home while you are at the stadium.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:It gets full earlyish often but as we are only playing the Swans...try street parking in Adderley St behind the remand centre..its the street that runs between Dudley St and Latrobe St Last time I was there it was free after 5pm on Sat's and is well lit and used by plenty of footy fans. Its a 5 min walk to the Latrobe St end gates
Yeah, I started to park around there, when the Saints first moved there, but it's a nightmare getting out after the game (because you basically park in the CBD) and there is just a mass of cars trying to get out of the city.

I park at the World Trade Centre (or the Victoria Police Centre), there are two parking options there...

I Park at Wilsons Car Park, which is on the city side of Siddeley Street (which is the small street that runs along the front of the World Trade Centre Building, and is parallel to Flinders Street. I am a Platinum Member and they charge $8 anyone else its $10.

The other one is also on Siddeley Street but it is on the opposite side and they also charge $10 (I think)

But the beauty is that it is on the fringe of the CBD and leaving is no problem at all, and it's just a 5 odd minute walk to the ground.

I look at it this way, back when we played at Waverley, they charged around $6 for parking and paying $8 - $10 now is nothing, more so if there is not a problem leaving and no traffic jams

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:It gets full earlyish often but as we are only playing the Swans...try street parking in Adderley St behind the remand centre..its the street that runs between Dudley St and Latrobe St Last time I was there it was free after 5pm on Sat's and is well lit and used by plenty of footy fans. Its a 5 min walk to the Latrobe St end gates
is that the old prison thingy near the gardens?

someone i know had is car hotwired from there friday night. will be in the paper tomorrow.

but go for it, park there if you want :lol:

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Saints7
Club Player

was there parking made for the new DFO adjacent to Etihad? If so, that may be an option if its open at those hours of course.

HarveysDeciple

I park on Flinders Lane right near the Spencer St End.

Takes about 10 minutes to walk to the gates of the dome from there.

10 dollar parking all day on a weekend.

Not bad.
Last edited by HarveysDeciple on Wed 24 Feb 2010 4:57pm, edited 1 time in total.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:

someone i know had is car hotwired from there friday night. will be in the paper tomorrow.

10$ for duel kill switches.
or if its an old banger just take the coil lead off and whack it in the misses handbag.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

I've never paid for parking at Etihad. Any of the streets running off Spencer Street to the northern end of the Remand Centre have parking on the street. The earlier you get there, the closer to the ground. Lots of people park there so if you leave the ground with everyone else, you won't be in any danger. There are heaps of people walking to their cars. I've parked there since the ground opened.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:

It's the closest building to the ground on the corner of Spencer St and Latrobe St. It's a newish building and nowhere near the gardens. You can see it from the stadium. Don't scare the girl, dools, your avatar does a good enough job. :lol: :lol: :wink:

bigred
Saintsational Legend

There is a smallish carpark under the post office building on Spencer street.

It fills up EARLY. Costs about ten dollars or so. But it is SUPER FAST when you want to clear the city straight after the game.

It is about 150 meters before lonsdale street, on the rail yard side.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

St Fidelius wrote:
Yeah, I started to park around there, when the Saints first moved there, but it's a nightmare getting out after the game (because you basically park in the CBD) and there is just a mass of cars trying to get out of the city.

I park at the World Trade Centre (or the Victoria Police Centre), there are two parking options there...

I Park at Wilsons Car Park, which is on the city side of Siddeley Street (which is the small street that runs along the front of the World Trade Centre Building, and is parallel to Flinders Street. I am a Platinum Member and they charge $8 anyone else its $10.

The other one is also on Siddeley Street but it is on the opposite side and they also charge $10 (I think)

But the beauty is that it is on the fringe of the CBD and leaving is no problem at all, and it's just a 5 odd minute walk to the ground.

I look at it this way, back when we played at Waverley, they charged around $6 for parking and paying $8 - $10 now is nothing, more so if there is not a problem leaving and no traffic jams
I park in the same car park as St Fid and I think from memory it's $10 for "non-tenant" car park holders. It's a short walk down Aurora Lane and I feel pretty safe walking with other supporters.

One piece of advice, if it's a big crowd game you can get stuck trying to get into Flinders Street from either end of Siddeley Street, although now that the Montague Street on-ramp onto the freeway has at last re-opened there shouldn't be such of a gridlock around that area. So you might need to sit for a couple of minutes until the traffic clears.

saintnick12
Club Player

We park at the Southern Cross Station. Turn left off king st onto lonsdale st (the men's gallery is on that corner...) then drive straight down and straight in. Can sometimes be a little slow getting through town after big games, but we do a left on spencer st, then a right into little lonsdale, which is one way...and take it right up to exhibition st and onto the southeastern. Works well.
It costs $14. My dad always insists on paying if he is with me :wink. Won't be with me tomorrow night though, but I will still park there.
Mum likes the underground car park but as its so expensive, we limit the number of times we get it...usually about 8 times a year...for friday night games, sat nights in mid winter and some of the sunday twilights against the bigger teams where the crowds will be big. Mum is in her 60's and doesn't like to walk back to the car late at night which is fair enough and I'm more than happy for them to park there as when I go with them Dad always drives and insists on paying for the carpark so who am I to complain :wink:

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
GRAMophone
Club Player

Thanks very much for all those suggestions, some parking ideas for all of us hopefully.

Will try some out starting tonight - Go Saints!!

HOPELESSLY DEVOTED