Membership "Non-Renewals" ? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Membership "Non-Renewals" ? !!

Does anyone know how many 2009 members there are that HAVEN'T YET signed on for 2010?

My reason for asking is that I am still seeing more cars around with 2009 member stickers than I am seeing with 2010 member stickers. There can only be two reasons for this;

1. These are the late renewers who will renew between now and the start of the season, giving the membership numbers and club coffers a boost (I hope this IS the case)

2. Circumstances have prevented them from renewing (Good luck to those people)

There is possibly a third reason, but I don't want to think about it. That is that some people have fallen out of love with the club (I hope this is extremely minimal)

All this when we are at record numbers for this time of year? Confusing :?

!!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

santazzi
Club Player

Re: Membership "Non-Renewals" ? !!

Eastern wrote:Does anyone know how many 2009 members there are that HAVEN'T YET signed on for 2010?

My reason for asking is that I am still seeing more cars around with 2009 member stickers than I am seeing with 2010 member stickers. There can only be two reasons for this;

1. These are the late renewers who will renew between now and the start of the season, giving the membership numbers and club coffers a boost (I hope this IS the case)

There is possibly a third reason, but I don't want to think about it. That is that some people have fallen out of love with the club (I hope this is extremely minimal)

!!
There sure is a third reason Eastern.......Slackers like me who have renewed but yet to put the 2010 stickers on their cars......!!!!

Maxstar22
Club Player

santazzi wrote:
Eastern wrote:Does anyone know how many 2009 members there are that HAVEN'T YET signed on for 2010?

!!
There sure is a third reason Eastern.......Slackers like me who have renewed but yet to put the 2010 stickers on their cars......!!!!
I am a slacker and haven't put my sticker on yet either.

I even cleaned my car so the sticker wouldn't go over dirt and then it rained....might be a job for me to do this arvo.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Give yourselves an uppercut. Both of you :roll: :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

lendog heaven
Club Player

!!
spoke to an official at intra club who said almost 10K members from 09 had not re-signed at that stage!

Tramps like us.............
matrix
Saintsational Legend

i dont put the sticker on the car full stop
it goes in the drawer kept flat with all the other stuff over the years

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

I'm one of them,been slack. Off to Linton st today for a renewal and some merchandise

Bring back the Lockett era
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

santazzi wrote:

!!
+ 1 :D

That is what's so exciting about our total now, there is always a late charge as Round 1 approaches.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

As above - my sticker is still sitting on my dinning room table!

sainta
Club Player

There's a 4th - people don't like to put stickers on their car. I only have the lil number plate one on from a few years, might upgrade that one though if I stop doing reason 3 and being slack!

Longwayfromhome
Club Player

Maybe another reason. I still haven't got my membership pack.
Very slack and not the first time the contractors have been painfully slow.
Very disappointing.

Leave your ego's in the locker when you start and pick them up again when you retire
saintnick12
Club Player

I have put mine on straight away, but don't like it nearly as much as last years. Its very plain. I thought it would have at least have the "This is Saints Footy" slogan somewhere on it. I liked the look of last years one much better and was a bit sad taking it off. Having said that, I pinched my son's of this years and have put in up on the little wall with photos on my desk cubicle.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Winmarvellous
Club Player

Haven't put mine on this year and it's actually gonna look pretty sad next to the previous two years stickers. Gotta say I was pretty disappointed with this years sticker. VERY AVERAGE.

StNoodles
Club Player

... and a 4th reason - premiership year stickers will be a collector's item, my car's not getting it :)

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Renew membership-check

Remove last year's sticker-check

Wash car, so back window is at last clean-check

Place 2010 membership sticker on back window-check

Seek absolution from Eastern-check

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I filed my sticker.....................................................in the bin.... :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:Renew membership-check

Remove last year's sticker-check

Wash car, so back window is at last clean-check

Place 2010 membership sticker on back window-check

Seek absolution from Eastern-check
absolution granted :wink: !!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Not that keen to put my sticker on the car now that I'm living in Geelong.

It's still in good condition and I'd like to keep it that way - the car that is :D

St Michele
Club Player

!!
Or like me they haven't got the sticke ron their car yet :lol: :lol:

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
SinCitySaint
Club Player

I prefer last years sticker so I won't be changing it.

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

I have reservations about putting a sticker on my car. Last time I had a sticker on the back window someone threw an object at my car and smashed the window and damaged the roof :evil:

SaintDebi
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:Not that keen to put my sticker on the car now that I'm living in Geelong.

It's still in good condition and I'd like to keep it that way - the car that is :D
Chicken! :lol: :wink:
We need to stand up and be counted down here!
I display my sticker (and love for the Saints generally) proudly. Nothing's happened to the car or house so far! (touch wood!)

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

gee i wouldn't worry about stickers on the cars, i haven't put one on since 2007, still got that on there.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

I'm a collector so I have never put a sticker on my car. I don't use the lanyard for my membership. I try to keep all my Saints stuff in mint condition.

Kate
Club Player

Ok, I'll go out and put the stickers on the cars now!