How are last weeks stars going

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

|Andy| wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
No I would rather teach you about the AFL. Obviously you come from a soccer back ground but at least that is a sport so it shouldnt be to hard to get a grasp of the game.
Let me explain footy to you plugger, because obviously you don't understand it.

We watch footy to follow the highs and the lows, and to watch the players grow through practice matches such as these. If that's too hard for you to understand, I guess we should just hear from you on Grand final day alright?? you "true saints supporter"
Sorry Andy but that doesnt explain anything. Matter of fact I will add you to the other person who needs a lesson on the AFL.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
No I would rather teach you about the AFL. Obviously you come from a soccer back ground but at least that is a sport so it shouldnt be to hard to get a grasp of the game.
Yes I'm sure you know everything about soccer as well, but please teach us one sport at a time.

So, with football, how do you make sure nobody enjoys it? I have this problem that I enjoy watching my team. How do you do it?
Sorry I didnt realise if you say a few guys who people said where going to be stars but havent had an impact tonight and you say it, means you dont enjoy it. Must be real fun watching a side and saying everyone is great every week. Is that what a real supporter does or one who actually doesnt understand the game and just goes with the crowd.
What's a real supporter?

I just buy a membership, but I haven't been offered the real supporter package. Is that an AFL membership thing? The Adrian Anderson package?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:By the way I wasnt the one who didnt play Stanley till three quarter time. That was the coach.
maybe he wanted to give the "possibles" a chance to prove themselves. :wink:

|Andy|
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
|Andy| wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Let me explain footy to you plugger, because obviously you don't understand it.

We watch footy to follow the highs and the lows, and to watch the players grow through practice matches such as these. If that's too hard for you to understand, I guess we should just hear from you on Grand final day alright?? you "true saints supporter"
Sorry Andy but that doesnt explain anything. Matter of fact I will add you to the other person who needs a lesson on the AFL.
Ok, slowly.. but basically as a supporter, you live through all the matches the Saints play. Just because it's a practice match doesn't mean you can't be excited at a player's progress.. you are the one who needs a lesson on being a supporter, because it seems to all of us, that you just enjoy jumping on the bandwagon when we're up, and not watching us when we're down.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:By the way I wasnt the one who didnt play Stanley till three quarter time. That was the coach.
maybe he wanted to give the "possibles" a chance to prove themselves. :wink:
You think he would give them more than a quarter then.

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Yes I'm sure you know everything about soccer as well, but please teach us one sport at a time.

So, with football, how do you make sure nobody enjoys it? I have this problem that I enjoy watching my team. How do you do it?
Sorry I didnt realise if you say a few guys who people said where going to be stars but havent had an impact tonight and you say it, means you dont enjoy it. Must be real fun watching a side and saying everyone is great every week. Is that what a real supporter does or one who actually doesnt understand the game and just goes with the crowd.
What's a real supporter?

I just buy a membership, but I haven't been offered the real supporter package. Is that an AFL membership thing? The Adrian Anderson package?
Most of us are real supporters. With the move to Seaford the club realised an opportunity for us to buy memberships for our less real friends.

There was a real rush for the Foundation Unreal Memberships as they were limited.

|Andy|
Club Player

plugger66 wrote: Sorry I didnt realise if you say a few guys who people said where going to be stars but havent had an impact tonight and you say it, means you dont enjoy it. Must be real fun watching a side and saying everyone is great every week. Is that what a real supporter does or one who actually doesnt understand the game and just goes with the crowd.
you're getting the words real, and pessimistic mixed up.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

|Andy| wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Sorry I didnt realise if you say a few guys who people said where going to be stars but havent had an impact tonight and you say it, means you dont enjoy it. Must be real fun watching a side and saying everyone is great every week. Is that what a real supporter does or one who actually doesnt understand the game and just goes with the crowd.
you're getting the words real, and pessimistic mixed up.
And you are getting No idea and no knowledge mixed up.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

so u created a thread so you could take aim at forumites who were impressed with the youngsters last week that aren't playing as well tonight
while telling us that u weren't excited.

total downer

HarveysDeciple

Thread locked due to petting arguing.

Plugger, in many ways you have a point, people need to also not play the man.

But don't you think your penchant for trying to tone down any hint of optimism and positivity at any opportunity is a touch over the top?

Supporters are often one eyed.......of course they are.