Family Day Needs Re-Vamp...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Family Day Needs Re-Vamp...

Eastern wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Eastern wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Thoughts? any other ideas? (so its not just a whinge but maybe something the club could take on board).
I take it that you have already contacted the club with your thoughts? !!
I havent yet I actually wanted to see what a few others thought also - which is why I included a suggestion.

You have anything of note to add, aside from another "hey gang whose shout is it this week" snorefest thread?
So, from that I take it that you ONLY want to whinge on here and NOT support your own arguement.

And, everyone knows that it's no-ones shout this week. There's NO footy !!
No, from that you can take it anyway you like......what I can surmise is that you have no opinion on the matter to offer at all (no biggie most of your posts are back slapping in house jokes to your internet mates -kudos to you).

For those actually interested in the topic and not grandstanding/self flagellation... - see clubs response to my email below from Michael Nettlefold.

I will say I was interested in their thoughts on the suggestions.....I'm not sure I got that...I hold out some hope they take them on board as I do think there is enormous scope to improve this event for all.

Thank you for your email to St Kilda Football Club.

We are sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy the Saints Family Day, held on Sunday 14th March. As I am sure you would understand, we worked hard to put on a day that was fun for the whole family and gave fans the best opportunity to meet with our players and give them their support for the 2010 season.

While I understand you may have had difficulties with regards to the number of people in attendance and the length of waiting time that was seen as a consequence, the Club was happy to see so many people in Frankston supporting the Saints and are pleased to have been able to give you the opportunity to be involved..

We appreciate your feedback from the day and will be sure to address some of the issues raised for next year.

Regards

Michael Nettlefold
Chief Executive Officer
St Kilda Football Club

“Yeah….nah””
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Its good to see that you took the advice, went beyond whinging on here and actually contacted the club with your concerns. Well Done !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

GSG
Club Player

snoopygirl wrote:With all due respect GSG, you can't just ring up the day before & order another half a dozen food vans.

There is an awful lot of planning that goes into these types of events & it is very hard to get it right on no's. & the weather, so no matter what you do, people will still complain.

Granted, I'm not in favour of the players being hidden away in the tents, but the alternative is no longer practical.

Point taken. Probably didn't express myself properly. The food shortage wasn't just the case this. It was the same last year and it was a very cold day. There will always be a lot of people and holding the family day from 12 noon onwards means people want to eat. So why not organise more food.
As for the players - sadly you might be right.

Saints7
Club Player

everyone has made valid points IMO

In this current environment where it does seem, however you may say "its for the kids", autographs seem to be the main focus of most of the people who attend Family Days. While this is the case, you cannot possibly have the players 'mingling' around as they will get swamped and will become a safety issue no doubt.

If these days are to become more user friendly, then maybe the Club should ban all autograph signings then supporters would be able to possibly have a nice chat and photo op and meet the kids.

The Club does put on a few Kids clinics during the season to cater for the kids, so you cant knock them for saying there isnt any interaction. Family Days are for autographs, and queues are the only option to maintain safety and order. As posters have already recognised, just look at what happened to Sean, can you imagine the fuss over a 'bigger' named player...chaos.