St Kilda line-up v Swans

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
jonesy wrote:That's the best Sydney side I've seen on paper since there glory years.
They' will hover in the 5th-7th range this year, and will be very very hard to beat at home.
If we can come away with the 4 points saturday night,we're on the right track early
Agreed. This is going to be very hard to win.

Most I know have Sydney in the 8.

They are a great foil for us - Kirk plays well on Hayes, Bolton always play Riewoldt well.

Time for an IMPACT game Kos...
I wonder if Kirk will go to Hayes (should he play) or Armitage, will be interesting to see who they mark as the most damaging given Lenny's slower lead up to round one

Legendary
Club Player

Tough lineup, and BigMart's matchups show how each position will be a 50/50.

We did okay against them in the NAB Cup with a similar lineup, but they were missing a couple who are out there (so were we).

Could go either way, certainly will be less than 2-3 goals in it - history would say this.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

I'm rapt to see Peake named, no great surprise IMO, I just hope he takes his chances :shock:

Will be a majorly tough game up there

Hold your ground :shock:
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:Tough lineup, and BigMart's matchups show how each position will be a 50/50.

We did okay against them in the NAB Cup with a similar lineup, but they were missing a couple who are out there (so were we).

Could go either way, certainly will be less than 2-3 goals in it - history would say this.
Its also up there......

“Yeah….nah””
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Don't really rate Sydney that much tbh... but they'll give us a good run like they always do.

I really don't like the idea of Bradshaw vs Dawson, Dawson would be mauled if they kicked it on top of Bardshaw's head...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

i see Kosi in, but not Stanley? ...am i mising the joke? or is that serious?

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Saintsfan
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:i see Kosi in, but not Stanley? ...am i mising the joke? or is that serious?
Kosi kicked 50 goals last year. He had an average pre-season but so be it. He can be a slow starter at times.

Why Stanley? Chucking him at Full-Forward will not assist us. He is still finding his feet and it was obvious during the pre-season games. He showed a few good things or touches per game without showing promise during an entire game.

He should come good but only early days

The Saintsfan Cometh
ytw
Club Player

Saintsfan wrote:
saintdooley wrote:i see Kosi in, but not Stanley? ...am i mising the joke? or is that serious?
Kosi kicked 50 goals last year. He had an average pre-season but so be it. He can be a slow starter at times.

Why Stanley? Chucking him at Full-Forward will not assist us. He is still finding his feet and it was obvious during the pre-season games. He showed a few good things or touches per game without showing promise during an entire game.

i sense some sarcasm on saint dooley's behalf.

minneapolis
Club Player

Jetta is super fast.

(Raph got shown up for speed in the GF and it was a bit of a problem for us).

I think that is why Peake is in the team. Watch who plays on Jetta.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

The Swans lineup will keep us honest: long on experience and short on duds. It's going to be a tough game. Players who didn't do much in the pre season like Joey and Kosi simply have to start firing from the opening bounce.

Gee I would feel more confident if Luke Ball was in our lineup. No good crying over spilt milk, though, is it?

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:The Swans lineup will keep us honest: long on experience and short on duds. It's going to be a tough game. Players who didn't do much in the pre season like Joey and Kosi simply have to start firing from the opening bounce.

Gee I would feel more confident if Luke Ball was in our lineup. No good crying over spilt milk, though, is it?
No it isnt. We would probably be better with Hally as well but I dont think he is playing with us either.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
meher baba wrote:The Swans lineup will keep us honest: long on experience and short on duds. It's going to be a tough game. Players who didn't do much in the pre season like Joey and Kosi simply have to start firing from the opening bounce.

No it isnt. We would probably be better with Hally as well but I dont think he is playing with us either.
:D

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

You're right about Bally MB.

I've got no idea where our goals are going to come from now he's gone! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

HF: O'Keefe, R. Goodes, McGlynn
F: White, Bradshaw, Moore

Probably been said already but that is one underrated forward line. I wouldn't be surprised if they seriousy challeneged for top four this eyar adn I think they will be in the mix for finals this year. Nobody will expect them to do well and they still ahve a very good team.

Players in bold are already proven to be great players; players in italics I have seen bits of and like the look fo them. R. Goodes, I don't know who that is to be honest. Might research that a bit....

But the rest of their team is bloody solid, we already know their midifeld and defence is right up there - this could be a surprising year for the swans. We will certainly find it tough in round one against them.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

O'Keefe wont spend much time as a traditional forward he will play more up the ground IMO

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I thought Robert Eddy pulled up injured in last weekends Zebras game, yet he is named an emergency...

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

ytw wrote:
Saintsfan wrote:

no, seriously.
why kosi? throughout the 09 finals and 2010 nab my little sister could of got more of the ball than him. i used to love him, but i hate to say it, but until i see something amazing from him i dont believe he deserves a spot in the team.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saintlee
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:no, seriously.
why kosi? throughout the 09 finals and 2010 nab my little sister could of got more of the ball than him. i used to love him, but i hate to say it, but until i see something amazing from him i dont believe he deserves a spot in the team.
So you would rather have a first-gamer over a guy that kicked nearly 50 goals last year??

Your not the only one that thinks Kosi has underperformed in the preseason, but to drop him from the team for a debutant is a slap in the face....

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
ytw wrote:
Saintsfan wrote:

no, seriously.
Yes, but your little sister didn't even bother to nominate for the draft so we'll just have to go with Kosi for the time being! :lol:

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

saintlee wrote:
So you would rather have a first-gamer over a guy that kicked nearly 50 goals last year??

Your not the only one that thinks Kosi has underperformed in the preseason, but to drop him from the team for a debutant is a slap in the face....
thats exactly what i am getting at. he needs a good slap or kick up the behind to wake him up. maybe dropping him is the only option. worked well in 08 with (was it?) Dal and Milney. they played like rubbish, were dropped for it, and for the rest of the year played very well.

saintlee
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:
saintlee wrote:

thats exactly what i am getting at. he needs a good slap or kick up the behind to wake him up. maybe dropping him is the only option. worked well in 08 with (was it?) Dal and Milney. they played like rubbish, were dropped for it, and for the rest of the year played very well.
Yeah, but this is round 1, not mid-season!!

Regardless, RL will not drop Kosi any time soon

ytw
Club Player

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:HF: O'Keefe, R. Goodes, McGlynn

Probably been said already but that is one underrated forward line. I wouldn't be surprised if they seriousy challeneged for top four this eyar adn I think they will be in the mix for finals this year. Nobody will expect them to do well and they still ahve a very good team.

Players in bold are already proven to be great players; players in italics I have seen bits of and like the look fo them. R. Goodes, I don't know who that is to be honest. Might research that a bit....

But the rest of their team is bloody solid, we already know their midifeld and defence is right up there - this could be a surprising year for the swans. We will certainly find it tough in round one against them.
the R. is referring to O'Keefe. Ryan O'Keefe.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Opinions are great. Without them we may as well shut down this site.

However, IMHO people getting agitated re Round 1 selections need to get a grip.

Most of us have seen the NAB Cup games, either live or on TV. Some have also seen praccy games Saints and/or Zebs; still others have watched training.

But Ross has been there all the way, every day. He knows who performed last year. He knows who’s fit; he knows their attitude; he knows who can be relied upon to do a job. And I back him to pick the best team to give us the best chance on Sat night.

Without doubt guys like Kosi and Zac are, at their best, in our best. Let’s see how they perform in the real stuff before we start calling for their heads.

Many (myself included) think Stanley will be a superstar. If that turns out to be correct he’ll find himself in the ones at the appropriate time. Many (myself included) are unconvinced re Peake. If it becomes apparent he’s not up to Saints footy he’ll find himself in Sandy colours before too long.

However for the time being, let’s just bounce the ball and start the journey. 8-)

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

ytw wrote:
OneEyedSainter77 wrote:HF: O'Keefe, R. Goodes, McGlynn

the R. is referring to O'Keefe. Ryan O'Keefe.
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

That''s why I don't post here anymore....

Quixote
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:Congrats to Big Mac on taking the No 1 ruck role :-)

Yep!!

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo