Kosi 4 weeks from Match Review Panel

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

henno
Club Player

Moccha wrote:If his name was Goodes he would have got off
and 3 votes..

how the hell can maxwell get off for breaking someones jaw, yet kosi gets this for knocking a bloke over, and malceski ended up playing a great game.

whos gonna b kosis replacement? stanley? lynch?

saints 2011.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Negligence is constituted by a person’s breach of duty to take
reasonable care to avoid acts which can be reasonably foreseen
to result in a reportable offence. While Australian Football is a
contact sport, players owe a duty of care to others not to cause
and to avoid illegal contact.
Koschitzke took reasonable care to avoid a reportable offence. He went very low for the bump.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
SaintDippa
Club Player

Just as well Josh Kennedy was not Steven Baker.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Did i just hear right ch9 Hille got off ,because his was a legit marking contact ?

sabras
Club Player

anyone got a link to see the bump?

Solar
Saintsational Legend

sabras wrote:anyone got a link to see the bump?
best thing I can find is the first half highlights on the AFL site, first 30 seconds, backed BJ to pick up the ball and looked to give him space to pick up the ball. Player falls down a little and kosi's bump hits the head.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Duggie
Club Player

Looks like another very contoversial season ahesd. Heads will roll. :lol:

A Saint Forever!
sabras
Club Player

Solar wrote:
best thing I can find is the first half highlights on the AFL site, first 30 seconds, backed BJ to pick up the ball and looked to give him space to pick up the ball. Player falls down a little and kosi's bump hits the head.

cheers mate

Solar
Saintsational Legend

sabras wrote:
Solar wrote:

cheers mate
and if you want to compare it to lloyds bump just pop that into youtube, you will see that it was completely different.... :wink: kennedy's shepard was more similar then that as the player didn't have the ball and kosi was protecting the his team mate

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
sabras wrote:
Solar wrote:

cheers mate
and if you want to compare it to lloyds bump just pop that into youtube, you will see that it was completely different.... :wink: kennedy's shepard was more similar then that as the player didn't have the ball and kosi was protecting the his team mate
And what is the link to Kennedy's bump. Funny you have seen that when even KB hasnt.

ace
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Llody got 6 for an incident that was more similar to Kosi's.
Liar.

Lloyd ran into a player who had his head down over the ball.
Kosi ran into a player who was upright and close to the ball.

Lloyd made no attempt to avoid head high contact.
He went in fully upright and hit with his hip.
Kosi went in a low as he could, he only made head high contact with his shoulder because Malceski slipped or crumpled his legs before just before impact.

Lloyd lined his target up from 15 metres away.
Kosi was pursuing the ball but tried to shepperd for Goddard at the last moment.

You should stick to playing with grade 4 kids P66, because you aren't pretty enough to get a job commentating at channel 10.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
Liar.

Kosi went in a low as he could, he only made head high contact with his shoulder because Malceski slipped or crumpled his legs before just before impact.

Kosi was pursuing the ball but tried to shepperd for Goddard at the last moment.

You should stick to playing with grade 4 kids P66, because you aren't pretty enough to get a job commentating at channel 10.
Why am I a liar. Not a nice comment especially when you are wrong. I will add you to my list of people with no idea who only see things through one eyeand thus become impossible to have a resonable discussion with.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:...Kosi had an option of picking up the ball...
Sorry Plugger this is not true.

BJ was over the ball at the time.

There are two angles, the second angle shows that BJ was in a better position to get the footy, and Kosi shepparded.

It was a crude bump, but the sheppard was the best option.

Kennedy didn't have to lay a bump either, he could have stuck his arm out instead...how is that different?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:

There are two angles, the second angle shows that BJ was in a better position to get the footy, and Kosi shepparded.

Kennedy didn't have to lay a bump either, he could have stuck his arm out instead...how is that different?
I havent seen Kennedys and I dont know how anyone else has. As I have said before that still has nothing to do with this incident whether that discision was right or wrong. Kosi could have gone for the ball IMO so IMO he had another option and that is what the review tribunal are saying as well.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Bugger.

Just when Kosi broke through for a good game too.

I think the fact that this is Round 1 is significant. The Match Review Panel tend to put their imprimateur on incidents early in the season to set the standard but tend to loosen up later in the season.

How many times have we said "They would have paid that earlier in the season?"

The rushed behind rule seems to have eased off somewhat, partly because of the umpires and partly because of player awareness.

With prior points accumulated, he was on a hiding to nothing.

Hope he comes back with new energy and endeavour.

Sainterman
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:

I havent seen Kennedys and I dont know how anyone else has. As I have said before that still has nothing to do with this incident whether that discision was right or wrong. Kosi could have gone for the ball IMO so IMO he had another option and that is what the review tribunal are saying as well.
IIRC Kennedy's was on the nightly news the day it happened. Was it Rd 1 NAB cup?

I remember seeing it and thinking it looked really bad...damaging too...but has definitely been on TV a couple of times.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Please don't tell me this incident is similar to Lloyds. Lloyd ran full belt for 15-20 metres from the edge of the centre square before he made contact.
Kosi looked up and moved about 5 if that and was not at full pace.
As someone said, Kennedy breaks a jaw with a similar action, no charge to answer for.
Two things I know for sure, the Swans are the most protected species on earth.
And the AFL wants to change the rules to where we play on a small rectangular ground, with two metal poles at either end with hoops attached and a net.
The players play in skirts and throw a round ball around.
This is BS of the highest order.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:Player falls down a little and kosi's bump hits the head.
i'd hoped the MRP might have taken into account Malceski's head not being where it ought to have been after he slipped on the sub-standard ANZ stadium surface.

kosi was well committed to lay the bump and couldn't pull out etc.

three weeks is frustrating because imo kosi is not malicious ... just a little lacking in awareness and vision at times.
Last edited by bigcarl on Mon 29 Mar 2010 5:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

realdeal
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:Having only seen it on the replay -3 seems about right. He ran past the ball and collected Malcevski in the head.

As for Hille?????
Can someone tell me when it became illegal to 'run past the ball'? Its just another b/s new term like 'he chose to bump instead of tackle'. Its call a shepard or block, both of which are legal moves that have taken place or 100 years.. he accidently hit him high as Malcevski was falling so give him 1 week but 3 is too much. Malcevski wasn't even hurt badly as he was back on the field 5mins later, how does that deserve 3 weeks.

:evil:

This game has turned into a game of pedantics controlled by power hungry suits that wish to control every aspect. Footy is a tough game, lets keep it that way!

Is it just me or do Saints players always cop the rougher end of suspentions while other teams players sometimes get off lucky?

:?:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

still

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Saintsfan
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
ace wrote:
Liar.

Why am I a liar. Not a nice comment especially when you are wrong. I will add you to my list of people with no idea who only see things through one eyeand thus become impossible to have a resonable discussion with.
Kosi nailed a bloke when he had the choice of not doing so. He contacted his head and the player went off for it. He was nailed like a two-dolla thai hooker.

Plugger66 is correct. Most people on here just dislike that we were penalised depite Kosi actually braking the laws of the game. Thats that. Grow up the people that believe that the powers at be have it in for us too. It is plain childish

The Saintsfan Cometh
Leo.J
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:

The Kennedy vision that I saw, you didn't see the contact but you could see how far off the ball it was and that Kennedy needed to lay a sheppard for the good of his team but he didn't need to execute it as a bump. It was amatuer vision that they showed the day after, but they haven't shown it again... I just looked on youtube, but it's not there either.

And btw although there was no vision of the Baker/farmer incident Baker got 6 or 7 weeks from memory...

Watch the replay Plugger, the second replay they show you can see that BJ is about to pick up the ball, and had Kosi gone for the ball he would have cleaned up BJ.

It was a crude sheppard thats agreed, but I don't agree he could have picked up the ball, imo his best option was to sheppard...just as Kennedy did

All I want is a litle consistency.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Saintsfan wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
ace wrote:
Liar.

Kosi nailed a bloke when he had the choice of not doing so. He contacted his head and the player went off for it. He was nailed like a two-dolla thai hooker.

Plugger66 is correct. Most people on here just dislike that we were penalised depite Kosi actually braking the laws of the game. Thats that. Grow up the people that believe that the powers at be have it in for us too. It is plain childish
Watch the replay...he didn't have to bump but his best option was to sheppard imo, no different to Kennedy.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

So you won't admit P66, that the MRP is inconsistent, and that is your take on this?

The head is supposed to be a no go zone, even if it's accidental contact, yet we see other people having no case to answer. This isn't about Kosi getting weeks or not, it's about the inconsistency of it all.

Bergsone, don't most players elbows make contact with the opponents head when attempting to mark? :wink:

ace
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: I havent seen Kennedys and I dont know how anyone else has.
AND we all (except you) know why Demetriou won't release it.

Not being completely honest again Mr Demetriou.
Cover up?

I am sure Koschitzke would like to know how he could have hit Malceski without getting rubbed out even if he were to leave Malceski with a broken jaw.

Sadly Koschitzke has to pay a higher price than he should.
Just because Josh Kennedy walked free having broken Colin Sylvia's jaw.