Let Lovett play elsewhere.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Mr Magic wrote: Said what?
That he is sacked?

It's not up to St Kilda to tell any other CLub what they should do regarding Lovett.

He's not a Saints player any more so we've got no right to tell him or anybody else what he can/cannot do, other than when it pertains to St Kilda.

As for the AFL, they haven't told him he cannot play for another AFL club in 2011 becasue he hasn't nominated himself for the draft as yet.
And that's the only way he can play AFL again - via the draft.
I just think it would be a good tactic to call his bluff.

Don't really give a s*** either way to be honest, but if the AFL say he cannot play anywhere else after he has been sacked by St Kilda, then they have a problem with their rules.

If I'm sacked by my employer for whatever reason, my employer's peak body can't tell me that I can't apply for another job. That is a covenant in restraint of trade, and goes against Common Law principles.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Mr Magic wrote: Said what?
That he is sacked?

It's not up to St Kilda to tell any other CLub what they should do regarding Lovett.

He's not a Saints player any more so we've got no right to tell him or anybody else what he can/cannot do, other than when it pertains to St Kilda.

As for the AFL, they haven't told him he cannot play for another AFL club in 2011 becasue he hasn't nominated himself for the draft as yet.
And that's the only way he can play AFL again - via the draft.
I just think it would be a good tactic to call his bluff.

Don't really give a s*** either way to be honest, but if the AFL say he cannot play anywhere else after he has been sacked by St Kilda, then they have a problem with their rules.

If I'm sacked by my employer for whatever reason, my employer's peak body can't tell me that I can't apply for another job. That is a covenant in restraint of trade, and goes against Common Law principles.
Is that the ark of the covenant?

Let him rot, and let's just get on with playing footy.

By the way, I reckon he's probably broken all ten.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Re: Let Lovett play elsewhere.

GrumpyOne wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:It would be a win/win situation for both parties if St Kilda formally advised AL that he is free to ply his trade as a footballer with another club, not in the AFL.

We would be seen as not pre-judging his rape case and allowing him to earn an income. In return, if the unfair dismissal case goes against us, it would be reasonable for us to deduct the earnings he got elsewhere in the interim from any final settlement.

If he choses not to, and stick with the case against the Saints, it would not be publically perceived favourably, and may affect the outcome of his case, in our favour.
Are you thick or something?

FAIR DINKUM
Obviously not as thick as some.
Judging by your OP and the absolute drivel, nonsense and garbage that you've posted ad nauseam on this subject, it's quite clear you've got NFI!

FAIR DINKUM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
The only garbage on this site has come directly out of your dumpster B4.

Stop being such an attention junkie and address the OP.
Lovett was sacked by St Kilda, he is no longer a St Kilda player so what business is it of St Kilda to advise the AFL as to what Lovett should or shouldn't do, now that he is no longer a St Kilda player?

FAIR DINKUM, which bit of that did you not get!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Richter
SS Life Member

ace wrote:St Kilda has sacked him.

How much clearer does the club have to make it.
He is free go play where ever he likes, but he is hanging around the club like a dingo around a camp fire.

Nobody wants him ahead of his court case.
Imagine the club president "We have just recruited a star player, an alleged rapist. Everyone here should be excited at this new signing. Where is everyone going?, you shouldn't desert the club".

If he wins his court case he has a strong position to get his full 3 years salary plus damages to future earnings.
If he loses his court case he will get nothing.

It is all about the money, he wanted a settlement with the club before his court case.
100% agree Ace.

I don't know that it is legally as simple as this but morally, I am happy for it to ride on whether he is found guilty of rape or not as to whether he gets any money out of us.

If found innocent then we suck it up and say... ok we 'wronged' Lovett by sacking him and should pay him out some sort of a settlement. If found guilty then I would feel sick if any more of OUR money goes to a convicted rapist.

P.s. Anyone know what happened to the other long Lovett thread? Seems to have gawn?

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
I know it's none of my business, but seeing as all the Mods here are asleep at the wheel I feel obliged to stick my nose in here....

B4Eva, is that sort of language and nastiness really necessary?

It's obviously intended to be offensive, and to a neutral observer it certainly comes across that way.

I'm going to have to assume that this post has resulted in you being banned as per forum rules.

This is blatantly the 3rd offense (the 133rd more realistically) so whilst you're on your little forum holiday for continually breaking rules, I hope you reassess your approach to posting on here and start to show some respect and decency toward other posters when you return.

Thank you.
"feel obliged to stick my nose in"

LOL @ neutral observer!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

As for Gumpy, he's been on the Mods case all summer about SFA, whinging, whining, moaning, helping turn what should be a decent site into mud

and on that very same point, YOU with all your inane trolling and drivel have deliberately invoked so much negativity and divisiveness at a time when you'd think WE as Sainters should ALL be as ONE, upvibed and optimistic!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Time you dropped it GO. He is not at the Saints, he is free to pursue a career elsewhere, yet he insists on hanging around chasing a buck for doing nothing.

As of today, even the AFL seem to publicly agree there's a legal case to answer before anyone makes a move - no wonder no-one wants to pick him up.

If he wants to hang around and play dirty pool, fuggim.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
and on that very same point, YOU with all your inane trolling and drivel have deliberately invoked so much negativity and divisiveness at a time when you'd think WE as Sainters should ALL be as ONE, upvibed and optimistic!
Did I invoke your initial abusive and offensive attack on the OP?

Seems to me that you don't need any provocation at all.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:Lovett was sacked by St Kilda, he is no longer a St Kilda player so what business is it of St Kilda to advise the AFL as to what Lovett should or shouldn't do, now that he is no longer a St Kilda player?

FAIR DINKUM, which bit of that did you not get!
Which bit of it did you not get?

Might be a good idea if you actually read what I posted before you go trolling.

Nobody said anything about St Kilda advising the AFL. I just said that St Kilda should issue a public statement saying that Lovett is free to play elsewhere.

Public opinion amongst non-st Kilda fans is that we are preventing him playing anywhere. Hence we are not getting the sympathy that we deserve in the situation. Bring it out in the open.... say he can play anywhere he wants... stop hiding behind wink wink nudge nodge legalese and speak in the language of the people.

And as for you B4, you over-ripe banana, are you just bitter that your protectors in the Mod fraternity have cracked the wobblies and left? Angry that for once your torrents of abuse won't be ignored under a new regime? Is your status as the Saintsational Sacred Cow threatened?

You are a sad, sad, human being.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Nobody said anything about St Kilda advising the AFL. I just said that St Kilda should issue a public statement saying that Lovett is free to play elsewhere.

Public opinion amongst non-st Kilda fans is that we are preventing him playing anywhere. Hence we are not getting the sympathy that we deserve in the situation. Bring it out in the open.... say he can play anywhere he wants... stop hiding behind wink wink nudge nodge legalese and speak in the language of the people.
# ST Kilda Football club released A Lovett from his Contract- -terminated his contract
#He was then free to play anywhere he wishes- apart from an AFL club as it is between trade/draft period and no option for being picked up
# AFL said he was able to play at other levels

* A Lovett's Legal advisors deny/reject the ability of St Kilda to halt his contract-
* A Lovett's legal advisors seek to resolve issue through AFL grievance tribunal because they still see him as a St Kilda Player,
* A Lovett's advisors still send the message that he he should be regarded as a St Kilda Player untill all issues resolved

IM Humble O
IF A Lovett where to have accepted the payout/termination offered- I have no idea of what.......... His connection with the team would be concluded
then he would be more than able to Play elsewhere
>> because he did not accept the standing down, and then the contract termination and his team is endeavouring to ensure he is regarded as being Still an AFL player courtesy of being on an AFL club list then he is not free to play elsewhere.

It's NOT St Kilda stopping the moving on; it's the legal issues and the stance being taken by A Lovett and advisors

PS It is my impression he may be fast missing the window to join a VFL club, when are lists to be finalised?>
Last edited by saintbrat on Fri 02 Apr 2010 3:48pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

# ST Kilda Football club released A Lovett from his Contract- -terminated his contract
#He was then free to play anywhere he wishes- apart from an AFL club as it is between trade/draft period and no option for being picked up

* A Lovett's Legal advisors deny/reject the ability of St Kilda to halt his contract-
* A Lovett's legal advisors seek to resolve issue through AFL grievance tribunal because they still see him as a St Kilda Player,
* A Lovett's advisors still send the message that he he should be regarded as a St Kilda Player untill all issues resolved

IM Humble O
IF A Lovett where to have accepted the payout/termination offered- I have no idea of what.......... His connection with the team would be concluded
>> because he did not accept the standing down, and then the contract termination and his team is endeavouring to ensure he is regarded as being Still an AFL player courtesy of being on an AFL club list then he is not free to play elsewhere.

It's NO St Kilda stopping the moving on; it's the legal issues and the stance being taken by A Lovett and advisors

PS It is my impression he may be fast missing the window to join a VFL club, when are lists to be finalised?>
Thanks Bratty.

The message that he is free to play elsewhere has obviously been lost in the hurly-burly.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

IM Humble O

It's NO St Kilda stopping the moving on; it's the legal issues and the stance being taken by A Lovett and advisors

Thanks Bratty.

The message that he is free to play elsewhere has obviously been lost in the hurly-burly.
Lost by who?
Everybody I speak with on this seems to understand that we've sacked him.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Thanks Bratty.

as I said-I see it- that he is only Free to play elswhere if it is shown he is NOT a St Kilda player
~ St Kilda see him as an Ex St Kilda Player
~ A Lovett's team do not see him as an Ex St Kilda Player.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
Thanks Bratty.

as I said-I see it- that he is only Free to play elswhere if it is shown he is NOT a St Kilda player
~ St Kilda see him as an Ex St Kilda Player
~ A Lovett's team do not see him as an Ex St Kilda Player.
And that is because it adds weight to their arguement. Nothing More, Nothing Less !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
Lost by who?
Everybody I speak with on this seems to understand that we've sacked him.
I saw a difference between being sacked, and being free to play elsewhere.

I get suspicious when all we hear is "Lawyer-speak".

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:It would be a win/win situation for both parties if St Kilda formally advised AL that he is free to ply his trade as a footballer with another club, not in the AFL.

We would be seen as not pre-judging his rape case and allowing him to earn an income. In return, if the unfair dismissal case goes against us, it would be reasonable for us to deduct the earnings he got elsewhere in the interim from any final settlement.

If he choses not to, and stick with the case against the Saints, it would not be publically perceived favourably, and may affect the outcome of his case, in our favour.

Um, didnt we sack him?

How do we have control what he does elsewhere? We effectively tore up his contract....

Pretty sure he can do whatever he likes.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

IM Humble O

Thanks Bratty.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Oh yeah, UN*******believable, you got just got lost in your own hurly burly,

this was common knowledge, I knew it, I read it!

YOU go off half cocked, don't bother to avail yourself of the FACTS that were posted on this site on this subject and YOU posted about 100 times on another thread with your uninformed drivel, which I just ignored, I could not be bothered with such imbecilic nonsense,

BUT then you start YET another thread on the very same subject, with your uninformed idiotic opinions about what St Kilda should do, when the FACTS have been clearly tabled already,

FAIR DINKUM

Considering the amount of posts you've made about Lovett on this very subject, I'm flabbergasted that you have not even bothered to find out what the reality is and considering you spend so much time on here, I'm mystified as to how you have not read this before!

Perhaps if you didn't feel the need to make 100 posts every day then you might have bothered to read some others which contained all the relevant information!

Then again, you've been so busy pestering the Mods for the past six months, whining and moaning about SFA, perhaps it is no surprise that you actually overlooked the important info about the subject you've been banging on about for the past three months!

FAIR DINKUM and you wonder why I posted what I did!

Just get a clue sometime or at least avail yourself of all the relevant information before launching a crusade with your vacuous drivel!

Oh yeah and put a smile on your face and stop being so grumpy, I still love you, just STFU for christ sake!

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote: Oh yeah and put a smile on your face and stop being so grumpy, I still love you, just STFU for christ sake!
How remarkedly erudite for you B4.

Congratulations to you or your ghost writer.

You have some valid points.... I fear I may have become distracted due to my two bannings, ( well maybe one and a half), by over-exuberant Mods, and taken my eyes off the Lovett ball, if I can use that expression.

But all that is behind us now.

As for this thread, all I want the Saints to do is come out in 48point print on the back page of The Hun and say Lovett can play elsewhere.... even if they have said it before. Make it 100% obvious. Cannot do any harm to repeat the message.

And as for the forum, its pleasing to note that this place hasn't become completely sanitised; there are still some characters left and posting. Its always a pleasure crossing swords with someone who uses more than a poofteenth of their brain in reply.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:And as for the forum, its pleasing to note that this place hasn't become completely sanitised; there are still some characters left and posting. Its always a pleasure crossing swords with someone who uses more than a poofteenth of their brain in reply.
you have such a lovely way of PUTTINg E VERY ONE down Grumpy One--
:roll: :shock:
no wonder people don't feel welcome to make comment- and it's not the moderators doing.

and IN my view- absolutely NO way do the club need to do that-= once he was terminated ..........................

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
It's NOT St Kilda stopping the moving on; it's the legal issues and the stance being taken by A Lovett and advisors

Hey Bratty,

I thought I read somewhere that VFL lists needed to be finalized by some time in the last week of March, meaning that he and his advisors have missed that boat. There is also the fact that VFL clubs weren't exactly climbing over each other to sign this character.

I don't know about SANFL or WAFL deadlines !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

So when a company sacks an employee, you have to tell them "Oh by the way you can go get another job somewhere else if you want" ?

News to me

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:So when a company sacks an employee, you have to tell them "Oh by the way you can go get another job somewhere else if you want" ?

News to me
Exactly

Perhaps you could take up a consultancy advising his advisors. After all it is his advisor/s who are spruking that he is unemployed/unemployable and near enough to destitute !!

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:And as for the forum, its pleasing to note that this place hasn't become completely sanitised; there are still some characters left and posting. Its always a pleasure crossing swords with someone who uses more than a poofteenth of their brain in reply.
you have such a lovely way of PUTTINg E VERY ONE down Grumpy One--
:roll: :shock:
no wonder people don't feel welcome to make comment- and it's not the moderators doing.

Good grief Bratty, I had to check the list of moderators for a while there to see if your name was listed. :wink:

Do you honestly think that my old mate B4 would be humiliated into silence by my cutting remarks?

And if the usual bleating sheep stop to think before they make comment, a good job is done IMHO.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:So when a company sacks an employee, you have to tell them "Oh by the way you can go get another job somewhere else if you want" ?

News to me
Baaaa Baaaa

Not every ex-employee makes front page news sueing their ex-employer.

And I have been known to point out the direction of the Centrelink office to people I've sacked. :wink:

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Who cares where he plays?

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Hurricane wrote:Who cares where he plays?

BANG BANG
As long as it ain't with us! The piece of filth can crawl back into the hole he came out of.....or rot in jail....which ever happens first!

Fortius Quo Fidelius