Pattison

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote: What were richmond smoking when they picked him at #16 in 2004.
Probably could not afford anything other than paper.
Did Richmond take on Ben just so they could get their hands on the good stuff cheap.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
SaintSimmo wrote:He has showed us why he is the 5th ruckman (gardi,mac,king,kosi before him). What were richmond smoking when they picked him at #16 in 2004.
#16 draft picks are a nightmare..... :lol:
Probably could not afford anything other than paper.
Did Richmond take on Ben just so they could get their hands on the good stuff cheap.

Maybe they should give you a call. There must be something to explain these posts.

markp
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:I think that we should give these guys (Pattison & Mc Evoy) the opportunity to improve. Maybe I'm wrong, but thought that our performance in dismantling North Melbourne last night came as the result of a TEAM effort :? and I can't at the moment go searching-out negatives from such a sound performance as that one. But everyone has a right to an opinion.
Well said.

The Craw
Club Player

From where I sat i think he actually did ok. Provided the 2 tall in the forward line, lead away from Roo, created space for Milne. That fact that roo and Milne scored 10 goals between them would mean that Pattison probably did the job the coach asked of him. Just because his stats were low doesn't mean he had no impact.

Not Craw, CRAW!
spert
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:Pattison is a ruckman. A ruckman who's never before played as a key forward for a whole game.

Are we at all suprised by his performance?

He kept his opponent away from Riewoldt. Job done. For us to expect any more of him would have been foolish. He can go back to Sandy and work on his ruck skills and hopefully be of some use to us down the track.

Stanley will get his chance when Lyon thinks he's physically and mentally ready for it.

I agree..Patto and Macca had a physical job to do, provide bulk and contests especially in the forward line and they did it, which meant they wern't going to get many possessions. King at this stage of his career is probably a good VFL ruckman, he has slowed down, can't grab a pack mark and will be exposed by younger more mobile ruckman. Stanley is a great prospect, but until gets a bit stronger, he will be easily taken out of the contest by big backmen at senior level.

rexy
SS Life Member

Didnt think either of Mac or Pattinson were necessarily bad. They didnt get a lot of ball but we were pretty clean and kicked a lot of goals from overlap and running play.

Interesting note was for most of the game McEvoy rucked against Macintosh who is by far their number 1 ruck and Gardiner got to go at the younger Goldstein. I would have thought that if they matched up in reverse that macs game may have looked better. This is a good sign and if Mac can break even with number 1 ruckmen Gardiner will smash second stringers.

Gardiner was fantastic around the ground early I thought.

Also Pattinson was drafted as a CHF originally, he has actually played out of position as a ruckman due to Richmonds injury woes in the bigman dept. Richmond fans who I have spoken to were disappointed that he was let go as they thought he was just starting to show something. Not sure he will get to best 22 this year but a handy back up forward or ruck if we get a string of injuries.

Maybe this year?
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

lewdogs wrote:Pattison had nothing to do in that match but create space, he tried hard in the 5 or so times he went near it, so what if he didn't get 10+ touches or didn't quite hole the marks? It's his first game!
nah, it was his 62nd game, he's 24 years old. not exactly a kid. i'm not unhappy with giving him the next couple of weeks to show something, but i'm not expecting much.

Duggie
Club Player

I thought he missed a big opportunity to impress. :lol:

A Saint Forever!