luke ball and how we act tomorrow night

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Re: luke ball and how we act tomorrow night

terry smith rules wrote:I think the players have shown us the lead on this. It happened move on we (the club) have our eyes on the prize.

Don't be distracted by getting into a thing by making the point of the night your treatment of Ball.

Look at how immature the bomber supporters looked last week with Mcphee.

Let us show the world that we have moved on and have greater and more important aims.

fqf
Nice perspective TSR and Sting.

No one likes it when a former player no matter what status or how highly they are regarded at the former club likes to see a player line up in opposition colours.

I have seen Tony Francis head to the saints and as much as player movements hurt u have to look at the bigger picture and as always the club is bigger then the individual for better or for worse.

A lot of players exited Moorabbin before Ball and there will be a damn sight more players leave after him whatever the circumstances may be.

At the end of the day Luke Ball was one chapter in the saints history, this has now closed and a new one begins.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Re: luke ball and how we act tomorrow night

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:I think the players have shown us the lead on this. It happened move on we (the club) have our eyes on the prize.

Don't be distracted by getting into a thing by making the point of the night your treatment of Ball.

Look at how immature the bomber supporters looked last week with Mcphee.

Let us show the world that we have moved on and have greater and more important aims.

fqf

Nice perspective TSR and Sting.

No one likes it when a former player no matter what status or how highly they are regarded at the former club likes to see a player line up in opposition colours.

I have seen Tony Francis head to the saints and as much as player movements hurt u have to look at the bigger picture and as always the club is bigger then the individual for better or for worse.

A lot of players exited Moorabbin before Ball and there will be a damn sight more players leave after him whatever the circumstances may be.

At the end of the day Luke Ball was one chapter in the saints history, this has now closed and a new one begins.
Ah yes, Tony Francis... and let's not forget Damien Monkhorst....

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote: Really let's p!ss off our skipper at the time by withdrawing a contract already verbally agreed to...these type of contracts take months to organise, seems likely to me that GT organised it
Precisely, Thomas drew up the contract, it was Thomas that put Ball on $600,000, the contract was honoured after Thomas was exited out!

If Thomas had not prepared the contract for a player he rates as one of the elite midfielders of the comp and still does as recently as three days ago, when he was in sole control, total control that he himself insisted upon for doing ALL the player contracts and organizing the salary cap, when this player was also going to be out of contract at year's end, then that is a very clear example of how much of a dog's breakfast the one man amateur swing in the dark really was!

So it's either one the following:-
1. Thomas drew up the contract which put Ball on $600,000 and it was honoured because the specifics had most likely already been agreed on > getting warmer?

2.Thomas was incompetent and derelict in his duty because he didn't bother to have the contract with Ball ready to go, when this player was out of contract at year's end, when he was the person solely responsible for this!

So which one is it?

Correct answer is 1 in this instance!

The contracts take months to work out and as the person responsible for this it is their requirement that these things are not left until the end of the year when players are out of contract!

Stinger, is this too hard for you to understand?

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
rexy
SS Life Member

Apparently the way some of us will act is to look for someone to blame for why he was paid what he was, why he was not the player he was 3 years ago.

Barks, you know I value your opinions and enjoy your passion and yes the stirring as well, but your incessant insistance on blaming GT for everything that has ever happened is just as bewildering as RFs inclination to slant the blame of any onfield let down towarsd RL.

Try a balanced approach to your thinking.

Will you boo Luke Ball, not sure you have actually commented on this yet?

I will not, I am a bit disappointed that much like our former President and our former coach, our former captain chose to leave our club for his benefit rather that that of the team. However I respect what he did and the importance of that to our clubs history, and will act like a civilised and humble football follower. Not a Collingwood supporter.

Maybe this year?
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I hope Geary and Armitage are both in our best five.

As for Ball, I (now) care little.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:Apparently the way some of us will act is to look for someone to blame for why he was paid what he was, why he was not the player he was 3 years ago.

Barks, you know I value your opinions and enjoy your passion and yes the stirring as well, but your incessant insistance on blaming GT for everything that has ever happened is just as bewildering as RFs inclination to slant the blame of any onfield let down towarsd RL.
This thread was presenting a false misrepresentation!

The reality is Grant Thomas drew up the contract that put Ball on $600,000 before he was exited out!

That is all!

PakenhamSaint
Club Player

Tomorrow night all I will care about is the players running out on the ground wearing the red, white and black. I don't care about the other side.
Last edited by PakenhamSaint on Thu 08 Apr 2010 9:42pm, edited 1 time in total.

rexy
SS Life Member

barks4eva wrote:
rexy wrote:Apparently the way some of us will act is to look for someone to blame for why he was paid what he was, why he was not the player he was 3 years ago.

The reality is Grant Thomas drew up the contract that put Ball on $600,000 before he was exited out!

That is all!
He may well have done, the thread though was about how would we react to watching luke, run around for premiership points in opposition colours. Barks will you boo him?

Maybe this year?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

That is all!
You are consistent. Consistently wrong.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote: Barks will you boo him?
Only if he hits a target, so most likely not!

I imagine I'll be cheering him more often than not!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

That is all!
You're consistently DUMB!

rexy
SS Life Member

barks4eva wrote:
rexy wrote: Barks will you boo him?
Only if he hits a target, so most likely not!

I imagine I'll be cheering him more often than not!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like it

Maybe this year?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

That is all!
You're consistently DUMB!
Poor comeback from you B4E.

PJ
SS Life Member

Why bother Booing - who cares?

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Like little children fighting. I love saintsational

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I wouldn't be surprised if Collingwood supporters boo him if he has a poor game, didn't they boo Anthony and someone else last year when they were out of form?

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

SainterK wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Collingwood supporters boo him if he has a poor game, didn't they boo Anthony and someone else last year when they were out of form?
Not us but one AFL club did boo one of their players.

Every club has turncoat supporters. EVERY club.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Collingwood supporters boo him if he has a poor game, didn't they boo Anthony and someone else last year when they were out of form?

:wink:

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

SainterK wrote:

:wink:

:P

As unfortunate as it is yep every club has them......

I never played AFL so anyone who has played one game is a damn sight better then I will ever be so who am I to criticise.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

I thought his contract with the Saints was backended in it's final year......???

Anyhoo, will be too busy enjoying watching our team play than to bother booing Luke Ball! As much as his decision 'bothered' me (to put it nicely), I don't have the energy to barrack for our current players AND boo former players......

Fortius Quo Fidelius
stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

That is all!

you are guessing ffs...... :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
WaggaSaint
Club Player

saintnick12 wrote:
I won't be booing him. Didn't at the NAB game, and didn't let my 14 year old son either. No need to boo your former captain. Mind you, I'm sure I'll have a chuckle at any mistakes, bad kicks etc during the game.

But still. I won't boo him.

I liked him enough last year to get his number on my two year old's jumper. This was partly cos he could say it, but also because we really liked him. Glad now we only got the number and not the name. At the Sydney game, my husband took him to the toilet, and a saints fan commented on the jumper. THe guy said, he hasn't got Luke Ball on his jumper, its GEARY. Go Geary!!
Thank god for parents like you saintnick12, this is the way we should be showing our beautiful game to our kids. Players will move on, it is their career, and also their superannuation, so they want to maximise their short working life. I know about passion and loyalty, but be serious, h wasn't happy, he moved on.

That said, while I'll never boo at him, I'll laugh when his kick drop short!!
:lol: :lol:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote: Really let's p!ss off our skipper at the time by withdrawing a contract already verbally agreed to...these type of contracts take months to organise, seems likely to me that GT organised it
Precisely, Thomas drew up the contract, it was Thomas that put Ball on $600,000, the contract was honoured after Thomas was exited out!

If Thomas had not prepared the contract for a player he rates as one of the elite midfielders of the comp and still does as recently as three days ago, when he was in sole control, total control that he himself insisted upon for doing ALL the player contracts and organizing the salary cap, when this player was also going to be out of contract at year's end, then that is a very clear example of how much of a dog's breakfast the one man amateur swing in the dark really was!

So it's either one the following:-
1. Thomas drew up the contract which put Ball on $600,000 and it was honoured because the specifics had most likely already been agreed on > getting warmer?

2.Thomas was incompetent and derelict in his duty because he didn't bother to have the contract with Ball ready to go, when this player was out of contract at year's end, when he was the person solely responsible for this!

So which one is it?

Correct answer is 1 in this instance!

The contracts take months to work out and as the person responsible for this it is their requirement that these things are not left until the end of the year when players are out of contract!

Stinger, is this too hard for you to understand?

saintnick12
Club Player

WaggaSaint wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:
I won't be booing him. Didn't at the NAB game, and didn't let my 14 year old son either. No need to boo your former captain. Mind you, I'm sure I'll have a chuckle at any mistakes, bad kicks etc during the game.

But still. I won't boo him.

I liked him enough last year to get his number on my two year old's jumper. This was partly cos he could say it, but also because we really liked him. Glad now we only got the number and not the name. At the Sydney game, my husband took him to the toilet, and a saints fan commented on the jumper. THe guy said, he hasn't got Luke Ball on his jumper, its GEARY. Go Geary!!
Thank god for parents like you saintnick12, this is the way we should be showing our beautiful game to our kids. Players will move on, it is their career, and also their superannuation, so they want to maximise their short working life. I know about passion and loyalty, but be serious, h wasn't happy, he moved on.

:lol: :lol:
Thanks. I try my best!! It's nice watching their passion for the saints grow. The two year old is in love with Nick...good choice..., and can sing the song...looking forward to taking him again next week.
Going without either child tomorrow night so won't have to worry about them booing. Pretty sure mum and dad won't boo either :wink:

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Winmarvellous
Club Player

So rather than boo a bloke you'll set a good example by laughing at his shortcomings? I personally couldn't give a toss about Ball, he's one of the others now, and it seems we may well have got the better of the deal by not tying up money on somebody who wouldn't have played in our next flag and held back youngsters.