The official "How Long will Roo be out for?"Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

The official "How Long will Roo be out for?"Thread

Well? :?

sainter#4
Club Player

lyons post game interview claims that the injury was that significant.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

sainter#4 wrote:lyons post game interview claims that the injury was that significant.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx
I feel a bit better now,

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Heres a novel idea

Lets wait and see what the scans show :?

or we can believe what the papers say (not sure where they got there medical diplomas) and he is gone for ever and we will never win another game. FFS front page Rooey's injury, I wou ld have thought the bravehearts headline would have been a better front page story .

So to the rest of the players on the list, well you may as well just give up because our season is shot if you believe what you read

Seems like there will be a lot of disappointed people if he is only out for 2 weeks

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:Heres a novel idea

or we can believe what the papers say (not sure where they got there medical diplomas) and he is gone for ever and we will never win another game. FFS front page Rooey's injury, I wou ld have thought the bravehearts headline would have been a better front page story .

So to the rest of the players on the list, well you may as well just give up because our season is shot if you believe what you read

Seems like there will be a lot of disappointed people if he is only out for 2 weeks
keep your hat on Mullet...surely we can talk about it without that sort of response. The thread is here for any latest news.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:Lets wait and see what the scans show :?
mate, we ain't gonna find out what the scans show. it'll be another sam fisher situation, where they said 4-6 and he came back in 3. i expect them to say 12-16 weeks for riewoldt, then he'll come back in 8. not that i disagree with using this tactic for a superstar.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:

keep your hat on Mullet...surely we can talk about it without that sort of response. The thread is here for any latest news.
No not having a go at anyone here, just finished reading the papers and a bit annoyed with the way they are writing us off and Roo as well without knowing the facts. Just think its an insult to the rest of the players.
Of course everyone on here wants to discuss it , and for the record because he was sitting with it bent up, I think it aint that bad.

saintnick12
Club Player

Doc Larkins in the race at half time was saying it was off the bone. I saw him actually say it and also said 3mths and explained how they have to sew it back on.. Saw him tell a few supporters and Tim Watson also came over to confirm it with the Doc before he went to air on 7. Not sure where Doc Larkins gets his facts from, though he is usually pretty good with these things. Nick didn't seem as bad for it to be completely off the bone...they usually can't walk. He also seemed in reasonable spirits after the game, doing a great interview on the TV and also some footage I saw of him in the rooms after the game. Ross was also not all doom and gloom so we can only hope that the Doc jumped the gun a bit this time. Its certainly a significant injury... 4-6 would be good result I think...

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Riewoldt - 2 weeks

Leo.J
SS Life Member

This is going to painful, the club will give the old TBA until he's back.

Anyway it is what it is.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:Doc Larkins in the race at half time was saying it was off the bone. I saw him actually say it and also said 3mths and explained how they have to sew it back on.. Saw him tell a few supporters and Tim Watson also came over to confirm it with the Doc before he went to air on 7. Not sure where Doc Larkins gets his facts from, though he is usually pretty good with these things. Nick didn't seem as bad for it to be completely off the bone...they usually can't walk. He also seemed in reasonable spirits after the game, doing a great interview on the TV and also some footage I saw of him in the rooms after the game. Ross was also not all doom and gloom so we can only hope that the Doc jumped the gun a bit this time. Its certainly a significant injury... 4-6 would be good result I think...

No doubt Larkins explaination of a hammy torn off the bone and how to repair it is correct,,BUT there is no way he can know that that's the case with Rooey without a scan being done. No one can make a diagnosis like that from just looking at a player. Did he even speak to Rooey to find out what it felt like.

saintnick12
Club Player

I think he gets his info from watching the Dr's closely. He was also in the players race at half time, instead of his usual spot near the bench, so whether he overheard something from a trainer or something I'm not sure. He was adamant that was the case, and as I said, the reason Tim Watson went with it on TV was because he came and confirmed it with Doc Larkins in the players race first. Was right in front of me. I so hope he is wrong this time....
Ross and Nick himself don't seem to think its as bad as that...but then they could just be acting...they don't want everyone to know how bad or not it is...
Last edited by saintnick12 on Sat 10 Apr 2010 10:55am, edited 1 time in total.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

No not having a go at anyone here, just finished reading the papers and a bit annoyed with the way they are writing us off and Roo as well without knowing the facts. Just think its an insult to the rest of the players.
Of course everyone on here wants to discuss it , and for the record because he was sitting with it bent up, I think it aint that bad.
sorry mate, misread your quote.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Dr Peter Larkins is one of the top sports medicos going around. He said 6 weeks as soon as it hapened. I'll trust his judgement !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saintkid
Club Player

Eastern wrote:Dr Peter Larkins is one of the top sports medicos going around. He said 6 weeks as soon as it hapened. I'll trust his judgement !!
He was saying "off the bone" which is potentially season ending. When did he change to 6 weeks?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Any injury to a Geelong player and Dr Larkins says "it doesnt seem to bad....maybe a week or two"...

Ive often been amazed at any injury to our players and its

"Doesnt llok good, season over, its off the bone...."

He guesses from afar.

Sure hes a Dr but he guestimates without facts.

I'll go with the scans thanks.

“Yeah….nah””
sainter#4
Club Player

i know their differant injuries, but remember a few years back when harves went down with the calf like he had been shot with a shot gun???
peter larkins said it was the end of his career.

he was back a week later. not saying that roo will be back next week.just pointing out that i think the stkilda medical team will have a much better indication of roo. and if ross can sit their telling us that it isnt as bad as feared then mission must have confidence in what he has seen/felt.

so i think we should just trust what we have been told ATM by OUR CLUB.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

sainter#4 wrote:i know their differant injuries, but remember a few years back when harves went down with the calf like he had been shot with a shot gun???
peter larkins said it was the end of his career.

he was back a week later. not saying that roo will be back next week.just pointing out that i think the stkilda medical team will have a much better indication of roo. and if ross can sit their telling us that it isnt as bad as feared then mission must have confidence in what he has seen/felt.

so i think we should just trust what we have been told ATM by OUR CLUB.
yep.

Just cause you are a Dr....doesnt mean you cant alsoe be a w@nker.

“Yeah….nah””
mullet
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
mullet wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

sorry mate, misread your quote.
Nah no probs. He will miss games I'm sure but really what we saw last night just shows how far we have come as a team. The team arent going to let this hiccup upset their dream. Also loved the way Rooey was in there celebrating with them and cheering them on in the last. Even if it is bad he wasnt going to let that stop the celebrations. Great leadership.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Any injury to a Geelong player and Dr Larkins says "it doesnt seem to bad....maybe a week or two"...

Ive often been amazed at any injury to our players and its

"Doesnt llok good, season over, its off the bone...."

He guesses from afar.

Sure hes a Dr but he guestimates without facts.

I'll go with the scans thanks.
+1

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Heard on the radio...could be 16 weeks

Scans at 1 oclock