It's opposition but how.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

It's opposition but how.....

...does Brett Ratten continue to escape the media blow torch as a coach?

I don't have his coaching stats (I am sure one of the good saintsationalites will post) but his record with the cattle he has at his disposal appears horrific.

His players are in more off field hot water than most clubs, they lose to genuine bottom eight clubs as regularly as they win and their finals effort last season will be a rare blimp on the radar.

Does he have 'the bank job' style pictures of the HS editor?
How does he fly under the radar?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Because everyone is happy with Carlton failing.

Why rock the boat... :P

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Shhhhh.

Let's just leave them as they are.

The Peanut
Club Player

Legendary
Club Player

Totally agree with you, I've always questioned whether he's hard enough on his playing group and whether he has the ability to develop a gameplan to see them win enough games consistently.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I find it curious that the broader footy public (and even our own supporters) believe our success in the mid 2000's was gifted b/c of early draft picks. Surely Carlton has just as many early draft picks in their team now? Kruezer, Murphy, Gibbs, as well as trading one of them away for Judd. All they have to show for it is one final......

All those players mentioned have now played more than 2 seasons (and Murphy is into his 5th or 6th season.

WE had Rooey and Kosi then Ball and BJ. By the 4th season (2004) after drafting Rooey and Kos we were a powerful team and have pretty much remained so ever since. I believe our progress and also Hawthorns is far more advanced comparatively than Carltons. Carlton keep drafting mid size runners and ignoring the KP players they are crying out for.