ROO TO HAVE SURGERY!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sainter#4
Club Player

ROO TO HAVE SURGERY!!

http://www.saints.com.au/season2010/new ... fault.aspx

sorry if this thread is inappropriate. just saw it on the saints site

Sainterman
Club Player

Not great...

"The Club’s medical staff, together with medical experts, believes this to be the best option to allow Nick to get back to playing football in the later part of the season."

Later part of the season... :-(

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Well thats football.

If we can get him back in the latter part of the season that will be good.

We are a team and if we rely on only one player we aren't as good as we thought we were.

Lenny will show the way, Kosi and Stanley will step up, and we WILL challenge once again for the flag.

Stay confident and POSITIVE.

All is not lost.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
sainter#4
Club Player

i honestly feel like our season will start to slip away....i do not see kosi as the player he was during that 5 week spell in 05.but in good news, there is 9 weeks including the mid season break before we play geelong.

in that time we play only the doggies as a serious threat in the granny. so hopefully we can manage....

Saint4Eva
Club Player

All that matters is that he's fit and firing for the finals. We have the gameplan to get top 4 and am a little excited to see just who is the player that makes a name for himself in the weeks/months Saint Nick is away.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

This isnt good.

sainter#4
Club Player

well flicking between triple m and 3aw today, their medical experts believe that if roo had surgery they still see it as an 8 week proporsition.
which is what we were expecting anyway

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

sainter#4 wrote:i honestly feel like our season will start to slip away....i do not see kosi as the player he was during that 5 week spell in 05.but in good news, there is 9 weeks including the mid season break before we play geelong.

in that time we play only the doggies as a serious threat in the granny. so hopefully we can manage....
Dont give up. It is round 3.

We need to win 13 out of the next 19 to make the four. Roo will probably be back in 12 weeks so about Round 16.

If this happens he will have six games to find form before the finals.

Kosi is not the only option. Stanley can play, we have Lynch, heyne, bj, Raph, even Sam Fisher who can go forward.

Please stay positive. All is not lost.

We are a very deep list and very versatile.

Roo is gone for a while, so we do something different. Our structure and game plan will ensure that we are in most games and that we will be there at the business end of the season.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Well will be out for Cats game now...but should have time to get right for the finals.

Kosi...your time is now (or in week +1 anyway).

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

The latter part of the season is anytime after next week, or after round 11 which is 8 weeks away.
The surgery may actually quicken his recovery.
Remember we've won against Hawthorn without him and Friday night without him.
It is disappointing, but it gives the club to show that we are a team, not a player.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:The latter part of the season is anytime after next week, or after round 11 which is 8 weeks away.
The surgery may actually quicken his recovery.
Remember we've won against Hawthorn without him and Friday night without him.
It is disappointing, but it gives the club to show that we are a team, not a player.
Good post and my sentiments exactly.

Still it is not season ending (at this stage) so hopefully Roo can be around later in the year.

Lance or James??

battye
Saintsational Legend

I agree with what joffaboy has said. It will be a challenge without Riewoldt for sure, but it's a challenge that we have the skill and desire to embrace I think.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
sainter#4
Club Player

does anyone know the benefits of choosing the surgery over the more traditional method??

Legendary
Club Player

10-12 weeks.

Good source (club official).

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Don't forget there is a bye in there somewhere.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Sainterone
Club Player

Stay calm folks

There are two "games" to be played each season.

The first game is to win enough matches to play in September.
We are already a quarter of the way after only 3 matches.

Once we get to September, it's all about having the best team on the park and playing to your potential.

GO SAINTS

NICK RIEWOLDT - 444 GOALS FROM 200 MATCHES
STEPHEN MILNE - 440 GOALS FROM 216 MATCHES
PJ
SS Life Member

10-12 weeks.

10 - 12 to recover, 14 - 15 before he'll be back, he'll need to build up strength and get a couple of resie games in. That'll give him about a month a AFL before the finals - I've got every confidence we'll still be top 4 by then so don't freak out. One week at a time, let's dismantle the Fremantle pretenders.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Legendary
Club Player

sainter#4 wrote:does anyone know the benefits of choosing the surgery over the more traditional method??
Significantly reduced risk of re-injury.

Saintsfan
Club Player

Why are people on here putting timeframe's on his recovery?

Are there any medical experts out there or just armchair medico's much like armchair coaches?

It's okay to debate who steps up with Reiwoldt gone however it is useless formulating a return timeframe considering nobody is going to be in the operation or the recovery.

It is not as bad as we all think. Most clubs would kill to have a key forward like Kosi as the main target key forward. We should see his true value and quality as a key forward with Reiwoldt gone for an extended period.

Kosi kicked 50 goals plying second fiddle to Reiwoldt last year. How many sides have their second forward kick that amount in any season? Despite Daniel Bradshaw being highly rated he only kicked 50's with Jonathan Brown.

We should not do too badly.

The Saintsfan Cometh
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:
sainter#4 wrote:does anyone know the benefits of choosing the surgery over the more traditional method??
Plus I believe for more serious tears more certain recovery.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
sainter#4 wrote:i honestly feel like our season will start to slip away....i do not see kosi as the player he was during that 5 week spell in 05.but in good news, there is 9 weeks including the mid season break before we play geelong.

Dont give up. It is round 3.

We need to win 13 out of the next 19 to make the four. Roo will probably be back in 12 weeks so about Round 16.

If this happens he will have six games to find form before the finals.

Kosi is not the only option. Stanley can play, we have Lynch, heyne, bj, Raph, even Sam Fisher who can go forward.

Please stay positive. All is not lost.

We are a very deep list and very versatile.

Roo is gone for a while, so we do something different. Our structure and game plan will ensure that we are in most games and that we will be there at the business end of the season.
I agree. we have a very strong list, we could still win the next 7 without him (is some though ones though). This is a chance to use other players and foward strutures. I would like to see Stanley get a run. And by the time Roos is back we may have even more ways to score goals.

I love this club
sainter#4
Club Player

Legendary wrote:
does it help the recovery time aswell by anychance?? will it also hamper his manouverability when he gets back??

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote:Why are people on here putting timeframe's on his recovery?

For the obvious reason that he is a superstar and consequently we are all anxious to know when he will be back.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:
10-12 weeks.

10 - 12 to recover, 14 - 15 before he'll be back, he'll need to build up strength and get a couple of resie games in. That'll give him about a month a AFL before the finals - I've got every confidence we'll still be top 4 by then so don't freak out. One week at a time, let's dismantle the Fremantle pretenders.
I think once he is ready that they might just plonk him into the FP to find match-touch. He is too good a player to play much for Sandy.

taz
Club Player

Stay positive.

I recall that in the early part of their careers Kosi always played better when Roo was out. Kosi has started the season slow. Perhaps the 3 week lay off and absence of Roo will help him focus and give kick start his career.