OFFICIAL: Saints Vs Fremantle Teams Round 4

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Longwayfromhome wrote:Hey PJ. If Clarke is the best available player then we are in a bit of strife.
If you don't like what I have put forward then boo hoo on you. Suck it in big fellow, we don' all have to be on the same tram.
so you say nosense, go along with the "bash raph" crowd and get upset when people call you on it....

guess what, raph will be back and will be a very good player for us. Was one reason why won that prelim last year. But don't let facts get in the way. Had a whole table full of idiots like you last friday night, ignorant bastards.... funny thing was that they were showing the qualifying final where raph was so important as a forward.... ironic

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Longwayfromhome
Club Player

Take some chill pills Solar. Why so angry.
I simply say that Clarke, IMO, ain't the answer. Take a bex and a cup of tea. It isn't the end of the world.
I don't think Kosi's the answer either, but then that's another story I'm happy to have with you next week.
Night darling.

Leave your ego's in the locker when you start and pick them up again when you retire
Solar
Saintsational Legend

Longwayfromhome wrote:Take some chill pills Solar. Why so angry.
I simply say that Clarke, IMO, ain't the answer. Take a bex and a cup of tea. It isn't the end of the world.
I don't think Kosi's the answer either, but then that's another story I'm happy to have with you next week.
Night darling.
Why do angry? Why am I over these types of comments ....
Do you had a clue about the abuse that has been thrown clarkes way in the past 12 months.

I am happy to debate who should be playing but to write off a guy with little back up argument opens your views up to what they are, rubbish.

I will enjoy my bex and if raph is selected lose my voice cheering and supporting him on sunday. Your going to have a long year if you don't rate either clarke or kosi cause both are going to play alot of footy with the saints.

FQF
In richo I trust

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Longwayfromhome wrote:What has Clarke given the club that sways most on this site to pick him as the most likely in this week ?
Not much, IMO.
I seem to remember Clarke responsible for the first two goals to Geelong in last years GF. Leave him where he belongs. In the Two's.
An opportunity exists to inject some youth into our squad. Let's not make the mistake of going for something tried instead of something new.
remember, Saints footy isn't about who, it's about all doing their bit for this wonderful club.
Saints Footy is about doing what the coach wants and Raph is the man who does that week in week out.

If you think he was responsible for Geelong's first two goals in the Granny, you weren't there or have not seen the game.

If not for Raph's great performance in the Prelim, we wouldn't have been in the Granny.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Longwayfromhome wrote:Take some chill pills Solar. Why so angry.
Night darling.
Better yet, Solar can cover this week, and I'll have that discussion with you next week :)

georgie girl
Club Player

team

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Longwayfromhome wrote:What has Clarke given the club that sways most on this site to pick him as the most likely in this week ?
Not much, IMO.
I seem to remember Clarke responsible for the first two goals to Geelong in last years GF. Leave him where he belongs. In the Two's.
An opportunity exists to inject some youth into our squad. Let's not make the mistake of going for something tried instead of something new.
remember, Saints footy isn't about who, it's about all doing their bit for this wonderful club.
Saints Footy is about doing what the coach wants and Raph is the man who does that week in week out.

If you think he was responsible for Geelong's first two goals in the Granny, you weren't there or have not seen the game.

If not for Raph's great performance in the Prelim, we wouldn't have been in the Granny.
Well said! Raph was great in the Prelim. How quickly we forget a good solid game!

As far as replacing Roo - let's face it, that would be a tall order for any player in the league! :o

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Not much, IMO.
I seem to remember Clarke responsible for the first two goals to Geelong in last years GF. .
Well I have not been game to watch the game again, but my recollection from watching the game at the G was that Sam Fisher stuffed up by 'leading" his opponent to Raph.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Moods
Saintsational Legend

I'm not a Raph basher, but I do watch the footy with an open mind. Yes Fisher lead his opponent into Raph's path, but Raph's awareness was woeful, and his game in the GF was woeful. I reckon ppl get overly defensive about Raph, b/c other ppl are ready to blame Raph for every bloody mistake out on the ground.

Raph's prelim final was fantastic - as has been rightly pointed out, that shouldn't be forgotton.

Is he ready to come in? Obviously the match committe know best. If he does get picked he's ready. What's this nonsense of playing someone new? Only if they're ready I reckon. Does that mean that Raph and any other players who have played for the saints in the last 2 years, ie Eddy never get another game b/c they've been tried before? May as well delist them now with that logic.

We're about to find out about a whole heap of players in the next couple of months. Roo's brilliance, at times, has possibly masked a couple or caused some to fly under the radar. I can't wait to see what the boys produce and what they are made from. Let's not write any of them off just yet.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:I'm not a Raph basher, but I do watch the footy with an open mind. Yes Fisher lead his opponent into Raph's path, but Raph's awareness was woeful, and his game in the GF was woeful. I reckon ppl get overly defensive about Raph, b/c other ppl are ready to blame Raph for every bloody mistake out on the ground.

Raph's prelim final was fantastic - as has been rightly pointed out, that shouldn't be forgotton.

Is he ready to come in? Obviously the match committe know best. If he does get picked he's ready. What's this nonsense of playing someone new? Only if they're ready I reckon. Does that mean that Raph and any other players who have played for the saints in the last 2 years, ie Eddy never get another game b/c they've been tried before? May as well delist them now with that logic.

We're about to find out about a whole heap of players in the next couple of months. Roo's brilliance, at times, has possibly masked a couple or caused some to fly under the radar. I can't wait to see what the boys produce and what they are made from. Let's not write any of them off just yet.
very sensible post

Raph had a bad grand final, so did alot of them. But in the past 2 years his best games have been in finals (3 of them), he adds dash and smarts to the backline and could be a very handy half forward.

He has not even played a game this year and people are having a "raph bash".... whatever rocks your boat but don't be suprised if I bite back

FQF
In richo I trust

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Has anyone thought of putting Goddard down back to release Raph forward?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

stanley
clap clap clap
stanley
clap clap clap

8-)

go the raphster too
good to see him get a game hpoefully

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:stanley
clap clap clap
stanley
clap clap clap

8-)
I would prefer...

SSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

As that would show he had done something...rather than geeing him on to do it :wink:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
matrix
Saintsational Legend

i likey

i can see and hear it now
ball goes in deep to the forward line and stanley sits on the fb's shoulders takes a bloody screamer and you here the commentator:

sttttttttttaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnllllleeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyy!!!

he turns round and slots his 5th

:)

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I'm far from a Raph basher, but if he comes in this week and does a slight hammie - to borrow T Wallace's choice words - 'I'll spew up'.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SaintSimmo
Club Player

Riewoldt late change in.
He Decided he can beat any freo backman while on his crutches. :lol:

Sainter for life.
ace
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Not much, IMO.
I seem to remember Clarke responsible for the first two goals to Geelong in last years GF. .
Well I have not been game to watch the game again, but my recollection from watching the game at the G was that Sam Fisher stuffed up by 'leading" his opponent to Raph.
Correct, not sure it was Fisher, my foggy memory says Blake (I erased my replay so can't confirm) but that is not important.
Who ever it was, expected his opponent to follow him and did not count on him dropping off to tackle Clarke.
Simply came too close to Clarke, called for the handball but did not call HOT.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Solar
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:I'm far from a Raph basher, but if he comes in this week and does a slight hammie - to borrow T Wallace's choice words - 'I'll spew up'.
going to spew up if stanley is selected and does a slight groin injury? Or steven comes in and hurts his foot again... don't want to be near you when roo comes back later in the year :wink:

FQF
In richo I trust

ace
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:Riewoldt late change in.
He Decided he can beat any freo backman while on his crutches. :lol:
I would have loved the club to have named Riewoldt because they can still change the selected 22 and declare the emergencies today Friday.

Would have been legal but made Demetriou blow a fuse.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

shmic_s
Club Player

ace wrote:Correct, not sure it was Fisher, my foggy memory says Blake (I erased my replay so can't confirm) but that is not important.
Who ever it was, expected his opponent to follow him and did not count on him dropping off to tackle Clarke.
Simply came too close to Clarke, called for the handball but did not call HOT.
I'm sure it was Fisher. Rooke started as a defensive forward on him. Fisher led him straight to Raph, while looking for the dish off.
I too have erased my recording and can't confirm.

Saintsfan
Club Player

Moods wrote:I'm not a Raph basher, but I do watch the footy with an open mind. Yes Fisher lead his opponent into Raph's path, but Raph's awareness was woeful, and his game in the GF was woeful. I reckon ppl get overly defensive about Raph, b/c other ppl are ready to blame Raph for every bloody mistake out on the ground.

His awareness has never improved and costs us goals directly. It was not Fisher's fault, worst case scenario (in the Rooke goal) is that Raph belts it forward as long as he can instead of jogging around waiting to be tackled

The Saintsfan Cometh
ace
Saintsational Legend

With Riewoldt out it easy to forget that Koschitzke is still suspended.

That means that BOTH key forward positions must be filled.
One of those places must be filled by a genuine tall - Gardiner is named but he will only be there when resting from the ruck.
That is why Stanley must play to release Gardiner to the ruck.
King will then play as the relief ruckman for Gardiner.

Two of Gardiner, King and Stanley will on the ground at the same time, with one resting on the bench.

The other key forward post will be filled by Fisher / Blake / Goddard / Gilbert / Dawson as the game dictates.

That then leaves 3 bench selections from Armitage, Peake, Ray, Clarke, Steven, and Eddy.

jackyboy
Club Player

Saintsfan wrote:

His awareness has never improved and costs us goals directly. It was not Fisher's fault, worst case scenario (in the Rooke goal) is that Raph belts it forward as long as he can instead of jogging around waiting to be tackled

How much awareness do you think a guy can have when someone's running at him from behind. Not Fisher's fault for "leading his player" past Raph, Fish was looking for the dish off which is the right thing to do when there's not many good options ahead, but what Fish (or any other players nearby) didnt do was talk and tell Raph there was a player behind him. I saw that happen and straight away heard the groan from the crowd and knew everyone would blame Raph cause it's the easiest thing to do.

Carn the saints!