Good effort Freo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Good effort Freo

What a hard fought win that was! Fremantle have improved beyond recognition from the side we saw last season. To play the two grand finalists in successive weeks and go the distance with both, shows how much they have improved and their efforts yesterday must have heartened those supporters who came over from Perth. The game at Subi will be a BELTER!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Re: Good effort Freo

thejiggingsaint wrote:What a hard fought win that was! Fremantle have improved beyond recognition from the side we saw last season. To play the two grand finalists in successive weeks and go the distance with both, shows how much they have improved and their efforts yesterday must have heartened those supporters who came over from Perth. The game at Subi will be a BELTER!
Nice sentiment, but nah... Stuff em.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
matrix
Saintsational Legend

roo and kozi both playing we woulda kicked away earlier and won by 40 :)

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Just putting what I think is an honest assessment. I'm passionate about the Saints, but it doesn't blind me to the efforts of an opponent.

markp
Saintsational Legend

I think they're better than the pies....

And perhaps the lions are better than the dogs... so finishing in the top 2 is vital!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

It's wharfie time! :wink:

Milton66
SS Life Member

Freo are playing well. Their defensive pressure was great and it wasn't until the final Q that the game opened up for us.

Their game seems to involve have one or 2 players spread loose to the opposite wing... and away they go.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Solar
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:I think they're better than the pies....

And perhaps the lions are better than the dogs... so finishing in the top 2 is vital!
they are a very young team and might run out of steam later in the season. Not sure they are top 4 but the eight is there for the taing and I would guess they are aiming for a semi (win first week).

Remember it's only round 4, long way to go.

But bloody hell it was a cracker of a game. Their tackling pressure was up there with the best and they are running hard both ways

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
markp wrote:I think they're better than the pies....

they are a very young team and might run out of steam later in the season. Not sure they are top 4 but the eight is there for the taing and I would guess they are aiming for a semi (win first week).

Remember it's only round 4, long way to go.

But bloody hell it was a cracker of a game. Their tackling pressure was up there with the best and they are running hard both ways
Depth will be an issue later on...

milney044
Club Player

It was certainly a good game and a hard fought win! Nice photo on the gsp images site by the way jiggster :wink:

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
bendigo bob
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:Just putting what I think is an honest assessment. I'm passionate about the Saints, but it doesn't blind me to the efforts of an opponent.
Dave, since when have you been passionate about the saints? :lol: :lol:

Your efforts in raising the chant in the social club area are fantastic - keep it up.

BJ has arrived!!!!!!!!!!

BJ's #1 Fan

Winner of the half time Social Club auction for Kosi's jumper Round 19 2005
Can we build it? Yes we can!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

milney044 wrote:It was certainly a good game and a hard fought win! Nice photo on the gsp images site by the way jiggster :wink:
Is it this one? :wink:

milney044
Club Player

That's the one!

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
milney044 wrote:It was certainly a good game and a hard fought win! Nice photo on the gsp images site by the way jiggster :wink:

Hat on backwards :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

I thought that was illegal for anyone over the age of 15 :lol: :wink: :lol: :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:

I thought that was illegal for anyone over the age of 15 :lol: :wink: :lol: :wink: !!
As long as he doesnt have his "PANTS ON THE GROUND and looking like fool" it's fine by me :)

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
SainterK wrote:

Must have No. 12 on his back.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Superboot
SS Life Member

Freo earned a fair bit of respect last night. I came away thinking they are pretty sure to play in the finals.

And they do look more competent than Collingwood

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Freo would've won IMO had the game been played over in the Wild, Wild, West.

At least Freo had the guts to take us on by playing FOOTBALL unlike those pathetic, gutless Filth who came out playing the man before going to water at the end.

Kudos to Freo for about the first time in 15 years from a Saints fan.

Saints94
SS Life Member

Yeah good effort Freo, but even better Saints!.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Just putting what I think is an honest assessment. I'm passionate about the Saints, but it doesn't blind me to the efforts of an opponent.
I aggree Jiggster. makes our win all the more valid.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Hey Tom! "hat on backwards"? Yo Dude! its called "growing old disgracefully" As its my 65th birthday on the night we play the Doggies, I'm happy to shout you a beer...If YOU have the cap on backwards :wink: :oops:

On to the Age pension.....THEN the flag!!!! 2010 What a year!!!!

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

They did put a lot of defensive pressure on us and never gave up, and looked good at times, but I've got to say I thought it was us who kept them in it, especially early in the game. We pretty much gifted them their 4 goals in the first quarter. Two from free kicks inside 20m (including one when the ball was 75m away) and I think the other two were from dreadful errors on our behalf. I didn't feel they were a threat of kicking any goals "on their own". Our blokes looked flat and were fumbling and turning the ball over like I haven't seen us do in ages. They were also panicking with it a lot, as though we were playing some super-team. It was like we had 15 out from last week, not just one (Roo).
I reckon the only time we played anywhere near our best was at the start of the last quarter, when we blew them out of the water, then put the cue in the rack, about 10 mins later. If we'd been "on" like that, earlier, I expect we'd have won by heaps (or at least gotten well in front, then put the cue in the rack, as they usually do).
Freo have certainly improved and Sandilands and Pav are extremely damaging right now, but as Mark Harvey said yesterday, they had 10 or so in their first or second years playing yesterday. They'll do well in Perth, but I certainly wouldn't be too worried about the prospect of playing them in a final over here, at the end of the year. With that many young/inexperienced guys in their team, it's going to be difficult to last a long year.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Not a bad effort, especially when they had 2 extra rookies in yellow working hard for 'em all night

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:lol: :lol: OPSM ..money well spent :roll: Now THATS how to get the brand noticed :roll: :lol:

Foz
Club Player

Freo...good spread, thought their counter attack was first class with plenty of wide runners in support. They werent afraid to go the corridor.

Defensively they seemed to put pressure on and often forced us wide around the boundary.

The say in 2010 the game is going the way of full court zone. Its turning into Pagan's paddock circa 2010. Battle to get through the defence and mid zones and then stream forward on the burst.

They will be hard to beat at Subi with pace and solid game plan. Still the footy worlds seen the promises before.