No change next week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Seaford_Saint
Club Player

No change next week

God peopld - Show some confidence in your team and their structures.

No change next week (excluding returns from injury by Gram & Ray. In which case, the players who replaced them make way).

Keep going Saints!!!!

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
The Sainter
Club Player

No changes? When was the last time after a game that King, Dawson or Clarke got a mention in any newspaper after a match as one of our best players? They were in our 4 worse players in the grand final and still seem to be a walk up selection every time they are available. King tries hard but sadly he is now too old and too slow after a fine career and should retire. Dawson always seems to be well behind his man and Clarke often looks like a startled rabbit when he has the ball frequently handballing to a teammate who is covered.
Are we the only team this year who have not played anyone who has not made his debut in the seniors in any AFL team in his career?

battye
Saintsational Legend

We were the last team with an unbeaten record to be beaten... just saying :wink:

We have a great team, no need for panic at the selection table. Gram and Ray to return, I'd still like to see Stanley come in but that's probably unlikely. King has been doing a good job this year, McEvoy has done nothing to suggest he would be better than King.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
SaintWal
Club Player

" King has been doing a good job this year, McEvoy has done nothing to suggest he would be better than King.[/quote]

King not available. Just accepted a role in Zombieland 2.

Saintsfan
Club Player

Gram and Ray come in

Zac and Raph go out

The Saintsfan Cometh
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

IN: Gram Ray (Hopefully fit)

OUT: Gwilt Eddy

Although i thought eddy played really well tonight, obviously with little game time.

Contested, and his disposal hit targets and he didnt fumble like half the team.

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

Kosi needs a spell in the 2s

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:IN: Gram Ray (Hopefully fit)

Although i thought eddy played really well tonight, obviously with little game time.

Gwilt normally does quite well against the Doggies, from memory. Surely the team will be picked on next week's match ups rather than this weeks form? Port didn't alter their line-up hugely (2 outs were injuries) from the team Geelong belted last week.

35...LEGEND
Club Player

meh....one of those nights.

Plenty below their best.

No need for panic just yet ,next week will be more of an indicator,although another 6 day break is not gonna help.

Can't expect to come up with the ultimate plan to cover Rooey overnight(that's near impossible).

We beat the maggots despite no Roo and being behind at half time.....it's gonna be very difficult but too early to jump ship and play the blame game just yet.

We are a very good team,i tipped a win tonight but would never have bet on it.........historically these Bogans have given us trouble,not surprised at the result at all.

Not to mention some strange umpiring at times.........but our uncharacteristic sloppiness and lack of effort never helped the situation.

It's gonna be a bumpy ride in 2010,which will make it even sweeter in the end.

The selection commitee will come up with a team they think can win.....and i will support the team that runs out.

HANG IN PEOPLE.

GO SAINTS

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

you're kidding, right?

gwilt was one of our better contributors tonight.

i say we drop peake and possibly eddy.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:

you're kidding, right?

gwilt was one of our better contributors tonight.

i say we drop peake and possibly eddy.

I thought he was awful.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

how was he awful? and peake wasn't?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

35...LEGEND wrote:...historically these Bogans have given us trouble, not surprised at the result at all.

Not to mention some strange umpiring at times.........but our uncharacteristic sloppiness and lack of effort never helped the situation.
This is the common thread with nearly every defeat against Port. Why does this team get into the player's heads? I don't understand either (a)what there is to fear from Port Adelaide, or (b) why we consistantly turn up expecting them to be an SANFL team?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:how was he awful? and peake wasn't?

I thought Peake's game contributed very little. I havnt seen any run and carry from him....Is it him, or is he playing out of position too close to the forward line?

Gwilt barely gets his hands to the marking contest, and in one instance completely backed out of a marking contest allowing the opponent a free mark.

He went to ground nearly every time he got near it tonight.

Doesnt put on pressure, and is a poor tackler because he cant read the game.

Just some of my thoughts - Not blaming him for the loss, but dont think he is up to it. Seems to gather a bit of it when playing loose in defense though...

35...LEGEND
Club Player

degruch wrote:
35...LEGEND wrote:...historically these Bogans have given us trouble, not surprised at the result at all.

This is the common thread with nearly every defeat against Port. Why does this team get into the player's heads? I don't understand either (a)what there is to fear from Port Adelaide, or (b) why we consistantly turn up expecting them to be an SANFL team?
Got me beat..........but i am never never confident against this mob.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
I thought Peake's game contributed very little. I havnt seen any run and carry from him....Is it him, or is he playing out of position too close to the forward line?

Gwilt barely gets his hands to the marking contest, and in one instance completely backed out of a marking contest allowing the opponent a free mark.

Just some of my thoughts - Not blaming him for the loss, but dont think he is up to it. Seems to gather a bit of it when playing loose in defense though...
i agree. gwilt going to ground easily is a weakness he needs to work on. but presented well in a few passages of play. kicked a nice goal and was pretty unlucky to not get that soccer shot through that got touched before the line the last quarter.

i'm not sure about peak. you talk about not reading the play well, he looked quite dyslexic on the field.
Last edited by Sainternist on Sun 25 Apr 2010 1:26am, edited 1 time in total.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

I not going to panic over one loss. There is only one player I would drop and that is McQualter, he is off this year and what has happened to his kicking for goal? As for King, he game is getting beyond him I think, he's alright around the ground doing the 1 percenters, but his kicking...........

Qld Saints Supporter Group
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:i'm not sure about peak. you talk about not reading the play well, he looked quite dyslexic on the field.
Stains Footy?

35...LEGEND
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
Sainternist wrote:how was he awful? and peake wasn't?

Just some of my thoughts - Not blaming him for the loss, but dont think he is up to it. Seems to gather a bit of it when playing loose in defense though...[quote]

Got a knot in my gut when i seen him goin forward with Kosi at the start.

Can't remember him ever playing an above average game forward :?

Has been good down back IMO.............why Ross why. :?

Just don't get it..............maybe someone here can explain the logic behind it..................because i'm baffled.

Lenny_Hayes7
Club Player

Saintsfan wrote:Gram and Ray come in

Zac and Raph go out
That helps the balance of the side!!! Gram a running half back and Ray a midfielder!! Drop 2 backmen!! Good work!!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I certainly wouldn't knee jerk....

Perhaps a couple of minor changes if Farren and Gram are right to come back in, but a good scold and a do better would be enough for me.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Lenny_Hayes7 wrote:

Zac and Raph go out
That helps the balance of the side!!! Gram a running half back and Ray a midfielder!! Drop 2 backmen!! Good work!!
Ah, ya see, where you're going wrong here is applying rational thought to a knee-jerk reaction. What we must look at doing is replacing the entire team with whoever is available, as they were not on the ground tonight, and thus deemed to be in better form to anyone who was.

Saintsfan
Club Player

degruch wrote:
Lenny_Hayes7 wrote:

Zac and Raph go out
Ah, ya see, where you're going wrong here is applying rational thought to a knee-jerk reaction. What we must look at doing is replacing the entire team with whoever is available, as they were not on the ground tonight, and thus deemed to be in better form to anyone who was.
Blake to full back and gilbert/fisher to chb

not a knee jerk reaction at all. both players have been given ample opportunity

The Saintsfan Cometh
Lenny_Hayes7
Club Player

Blake full back?? Against Hall? hmm don't think so mate!

Saintsfan
Club Player

Lenny_Hayes7 wrote:Blake full back?? Against Hall? hmm don't think so mate!
we disagree then. we work as a unit to limit barry's output without Zac hindering around offering nothing in body contact

The Saintsfan Cometh