Phil Gould your a tool

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:It is amazing what people actually hear and what is said. Gould was saying Waldron inherited a list that had already cheated when he came over from the Saints.

One word changes the whole story. Maybe we should have a group apology or especially one from the first poster
If thats what he said, I owe an apology, I got that wrong as usual. Still dont like him

I love this club
Face
Club Player

SENsaintsational wrote:Big as in Daryl Eastlake big?
Huge as in Daryl Eastlake huge.

He's the sort of bloke with that "I'm glad I'm not cleaning his undies" look.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Why is it that (as far as I can make out), Saintsfan only ever appears to pot someone, rather than add something of worth to a discussion??

Much like Milton there seems to be no real purpose beyond engaging in slanging matches with certain posters,

It's Nexus (versions 1,2 & 3), Wayne Judson, JMSainter others too numerous to recall, all over again.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
krabb
Club Player

True Believer wrote:Why is it that (as far as I can make out), Saintsfan only ever appears to pot someone, rather than add something of worth to a discussion??

Much like Milton there seems to be no real purpose beyond engaging in slanging matches with certain posters,

It's Nexus (versions 1,2 & 3), Wayne Judson, JMSainter others too numerous to recall, all over again.
Anyone remember CarlosA? :lol:

Now that was a funny dude!

PS...Phil Gould was fantastic on the Sydney footy show last thursday night...and what he said about Melbourne Storm made perfect sense.

Saintsfan
Club Player

True Believer wrote:Why is it that (as far as I can make out), Saintsfan only ever appears to pot someone, rather than add something of worth to a discussion??

I was labelled a troll and Stinger took aim at me from the get-go.

Go through numerous posts and I talk about our team and the off field functions.

If one has a go at me I am not going to take it. I'm not going to take it anymore! That's a final warning for everyone! Not anymore!

The Saintsfan Cometh
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend

CarlosA - that was the name I was trying to recall. That was one of the funniest threads ever.

Still have my muppet Av that came out of that little event.......
Hilarious stuff. He was one of only two posters in over 6 years that pushed me over the edge, and I unloaded the most succint and eloquent serve I have ever delivered in my life. I actually got complimented on the quality of the spray, man that was funny... :lol:

IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
krabb
Club Player

True Believer wrote:CarlosA - that was the name I was trying to recall. That was one of the funniest threads ever.

Still have my muppet Av that came out of that little event.......
Hilarious stuff. He was one of only two posters in over 6 years that pushed me over the edge, and I unloaded the most succint and eloquent serve I have ever delivered in my life. I actually got complimented on the quality of the spray, man that was funny... :lol:
Yep.........some you just never forget!

but....

the laughs linger on. 8-)

Batnoe
Club Player

Saintsfan wrote:

Go through numerous posts and I talk about our team and the off field functions.

If one has a go at me I am not going to take it. I'm not going to take it anymore! That's a final warning for everyone! Not anymore!

Its not what you said to your mrs You were saying' im gonna take it, im gonna take it' then she took off the strap on

So what arent you going to take? Dont lie!!

Carn Saints
Batnoe
Club Player

Saintsfan wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:if he didn't slander the st kilda football club ...then i apologise for that......but he is still a dropkick imhfo.....rugby league is a crap game full stop.....i had an invite to a super box at an arl game recently.....i told the person he must be joking...give it to someone who is brain dead ffs.....
Do you speak to people that nice usually or were you putting it on because you were invited into a box.
Usually when you are offered something like that you respond nicely even if you are not interesting.

Let's make a list of things Stinger could have said to the nice person offering him the corporate box for his outing

1. No thank you I am busy

2. No thank you I have family from out of town over and I cannot leave them

3. It is my wife's birthday

4. No thank you for the venue does not have facilities suitable for an old coot.

5. Why would I go to the place that I clean every morning after a function/sporting fixture?

I had no idea you were that funny

i mean 6: i ha no idea you were that funny

Carn Saints
na exa
Club Player

the muppet thread.

we want our asses spanked for letting that drop off into cyber death.

how good was the muppet thread.

bwhahahahahaha

theres been some absolute classics :lol:

its a wonder no ones been shot.

axl.

:lol: :lol:

that mob i was yarking on about earlier ended up with nexus... its nexus helen now.

they are just going through version #17.3 as we speak. :)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Saintsfan
Club Player

Batnoe wrote:
Saintsfan wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:if he didn't slander the st kilda football club ...then i apologise for that......but he is still a dropkick imhfo.....rugby league is a crap game full stop.....i had an invite to a super box at an arl game recently.....i told the person he must be joking...give it to someone who is brain dead ffs.....
Do you speak to people that nice usually or were you putting it on because you were invited into a box.
Usually when you are offered something like that you respond nicely even if you are not interesting.

Let's make a list of things Stinger could have said to the nice person offering him the corporate box for his outing

4. No thank you for the venue does not have facilities suitable for an old coot.

5. Why would I go to the place that I clean every morning after a function/sporting fixture?

7. I know i'm funny

The Saintsfan Cometh
Saintsfan
Club Player

Saintsfan wrote:
Batnoe wrote:
Saintsfan wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

7. I know i'm funny
8. Stinger can go to the game and have a sleep over at the venue so he is early for work the next morning.

The Saintsfan Cometh
matrix
Saintsational Legend

9. Image

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote:

get-go.....????wtf uses such expressions....one of the worst and most ridiculous joinings of two words in the english language......but what would you expect...

final warning ffs...don't make me laugh...i nearly spilt my coffee.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote: 8. Stinger can go to the game and have a sleep over at the venue so he is early for work the next morning.
I know we had a bunch of mods pull the pin sometime recently, but take no notice of forum politics, so don't know how many or who (other than saint66au), but do we actually still have any mods left??

I am starting to take a particular dislike to this poster and what strikes me as an ongoing and offensive campaign of trying to demean another poster.

Having been here since the start, I know how prickly Stinger can be, and outright offensive if he gets going, but this to me seems unprovoked and premeditated and in violation of numerous rules of this forum.

How long is this going to be allowed to continue? Particularly coming from someone who strikes me as a 14 year old, overly enamoured with their own FEEBLE intellect............. :roll:

Post edited for accuracy.
Last edited by Dis Believer on Wed 28 Apr 2010 2:11pm, edited 1 time in total.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Can you be overly enamoured with something that appears non-existent?

Quite the conundrum.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Can you be overly enamoured with something that appears non-existent?

Quite the conundrum.
sorry SEN : I meant overly enamoured with their own feeble intellect.

Saintsfan
Club Player

True Believer wrote:
Saintsfan wrote: 8. Stinger can go to the game and have a sleep over at the venue so he is early for work the next morning.
I know we had a bunch of mods pull the pin sometime recently, but take no notice of forum politics, so don't know how many or who (other than saint66au), but do we actually still have any mods left??

I am starting to take a particular dislike to this poster and what strikes me as an ongoing and offensive campaign of trying to demean another poster.

Having been here since the start, I know how prickly Stinger can be, and outright offensive if he gets going, but this to me seems unprovoked and premeditated and in violation of numerous rules of this forum.

How long is this going to be allowed to continue? Particularly coming from someone who strikes me as a 14 year old, overly enamoured with their own FEEBLE intellect............. :roll:

Oh it is provoked. From whence I joined this forum Stinger has potted me and belittled me despite never meeting me. So in turn I belittle him for being a cleaner and a rude old man

The Saintsfan Cometh
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote:
True Believer wrote:

Oh it is provoked. From whence I joined this forum Stinger has potted me and belittled me despite never meeting me. So in turn I belittle him for being a cleaner and a rude old man
Just out of interest, is stinger the only one who has ever potted you?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
Saintsfan wrote:
True Believer wrote:

I described reincarnated/Saintsfan as a "serial pest" and he took umbrage.

He shouldn't have: I would call Milne a serial pest too, and I love him like a brother (remembering that my brother lives 12,000 ks away from me and I'm not that bothered about it).

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Also interesting and curious is to go back in history and look at old posts....March 15 2010 to be precise.

Your first interaction with stinger, Saintsfan.

Hardly a potting session. So it seems you must have earnt his ire rather than him 'potting you from the get-go'.

Have a nice day.

Saintsfan
Club Player

SENsaintsational wrote:
Saintsfan wrote:
True Believer wrote:

Without a response, yes. I'm happy to converse with members and be proven wrong or stand up for what I think regarding this football club however Stinger plays the man and does so with many a poster.

The Saintsfan Cometh
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote:
True Believer wrote:

no ..not true....you came on here belittling the site and it's posters...(.pple even remarked on the crap you posted in your first ten posts......all offensive or inane from memory).....begging to be appointed a mod and saying how you would ban certain posters......well..that's what you did this time around...you have obviouslt been here before....and you probably have multiply sign ons...to me you are what you have been called... serial pest and a troll....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

BTW, to return to the original topic, Phil Gould is definitely not a tool IMO.

The Gould family were friends of my family when I was growing up in Sydney. I only ever exchanged a couple of words with Phil, but the whole family impressed me as being a pretty clever bunch: academics, artists, etc.

For a rugby league footballer, Gould is an extremely smart guy. He revolutionised Rugby League coaching in the 1980s by introducing a high pressure, lockdown style of defence which is not dissimilar to Ross Lyon's system.

He is extremely passionate about the game and its traditions, a la Sheedy, and wears his heart on his sleeve.

He has always felt pretty negative about the takeover of rugby league by News Limited and its henchmen Hartigan and Gallop.

He strongly opposed the advent of the Melbourne Storm as representing an artificial, corporately-generated imposition on the traditions of rugby league and I'm sure he has mixed feelings about sticking up for them now.

But he also cares about what's right and fair. I'm no great fan of rugby league these days, and personally couldn't care what becomes of the Storm or any other club, but I retain a certain amount of respect for Gould.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Saintsfan
Club Player

stinger wrote:
Saintsfan wrote:
True Believer wrote:

no ..not true....you came on here belittling the site and it's posters...(.pple even remarked on the crap you posted in your first ten posts......all offensive or inane from memory).....begging to be appointed a mod and saying how you would ban certain posters......well..that's what you did this time around...you have obviouslt been here before....and you probably have multiply sign ons...to me you are what you have been called... serial pest and a troll....
Where did i belittle the site? I said if I was appointed a moderator I would assist to clean up this website. Not ban anyone as it solves nothing.

I have not been here before.

Considering you have 20,000+ posts and considering how you have probably abused half of the forum members on here it is interesting as to how you have stayed...are you friends with the higher powers?

The Saintsfan Cometh