RTB - Special One Mk 11?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

RTB - Special One Mk 11?

I know many here hate inter sport comparisons, particularly when one side of the picture is the round ball code. But, this week saw an extraordinary achievement by Inter Milan when they tipped Barcelona out of the Champions League final.

The self proclaimed "Special One" Jose Mourinho engineered one of the great strategic and tactical victories ever seen to beat Barca. Inter, who hadn't made the major Euro final for 38 years, beat the vastly more talented Barca by sticking to a highly demanding game plan that frustrated the bejesus out of Barca.

Jose Mourinho is a man with a plan, and the acumen to adapt his plan to the circumstances in a game. His players play for him, stick to what they've been taught, and overcome (they went a man down at the Nou Camp on Thursday, but adapted). The game showed how superior management can overcome every other deficiency.

Ross the Boss is our Special One, and I don't say it lightly. We are superbly led.

Oh, and by the way, the game at the Nou Camp was shithouse to watch, yet absolutely compelling.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Jose Mourinho WISHES he was Ross Lyon :wink: :wink:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

I dips me lid.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
ace
Saintsational Legend

I noticed a lot of the Bulldog supporters were calling for offside after a couple of St Kilda goals tonight.
They claimed we had passed the ball to players who had no one between them and the goal.

Seems they get wogball confused with aussie rules too.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Saint_Gooner
Club Player

I can't stand Mourinho but he is a great manager and always gets the best out of whatever side he is in charge of, I doubt there is anyone better in the game.

Ross Lyon is probably not quite there yet, but certainly similarities can be drawn

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Re: RTB - Special One Mk 11?

The OtherThommo wrote:I know many here hate inter sport comparisons, particularly when one side of the picture is the round ball code. But, this week saw an extraordinary achievement by Inter Milan when they tipped Barcelona out of the Champions League final.

The self proclaimed "Special One" Jose Mourinho engineered one of the great strategic and tactical victories ever seen to beat Barca. Inter, who hadn't made the major Euro final for 38 years, beat the vastly more talented Barca by sticking to a highly demanding game plan that frustrated the bejesus out of Barca.

Jose Mourinho is a man with a plan, and the acumen to adapt his plan to the circumstances in a game. His players play for him, stick to what they've been taught, and overcome (they went a man down at the Nou Camp on Thursday, but adapted). The game showed how superior management can overcome every other deficiency.

Ross the Boss is our Special One, and I don't say it lightly. We are superbly led.

Oh, and by the way, the game at the Nou Camp was shithouse to watch, yet absolutely compelling.
Yet I have to disagree - if only Barca took the ball into the box rather than pass it round there was a good chance they would have drawn a penalty - by passing it around they played straight in to Mourinho's hands - Inter didn't win it - Barca lost it - bad tactics they deserved to lose

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
ace
Saintsational Legend

We all know Italian soccer clubs have been highly successful as a result of corrupting referees.

Ross Lyon has clearly never tried to corrupt an AFL umpire.
You only have to observe how they screw St Kilda over week after week.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
AccidentallyTim
Club Player

I think maybe the past 3 weeks we've been on the wrong end of the free kick count. 44 & 13 couldn't buy a free and it's frustrating that they work so hard but still get the raw prawn in the free kick count.

I'm sure that it must make them just want to work that much harder tho

Fortius Quo Fidelius