Lovett lodges notice of grievance with club

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Finally reported correctly
Former St Kilda footballer Andrew Lovett has been charged with a second count of rape

well almost- was never really a St Kilda Footballer

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:Finally reported correctly
Former St Kilda footballer Andrew Lovett has been charged with a second count of rape

Isn't that a pain in the a...

The Official AFL Statistics will show that Andrew Lovett played 88 games of AFL, of which 88 were for the Essendon Football Club.

And yet through this whole distasteful saga he will continue to be referred to as a former Saints player.

It may be technically correct but it leaves a very poor taste in one's mouth!!!

Saints7
Club Player

that's what she said

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

4 pm news actually got it right- well one version
" Former Essendon Footballer"

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
saintbrat wrote:Finally reported correctly

Isn't that a pain in the a...

The Official AFL Statistics will show that Andrew Lovett played 88 games of AFL, of which 88 were for the Essendon Football Club.

And yet through this whole distasteful saga he will continue to be referred to as a former Saints player.

It may be technically correct but it leaves a very poor taste in one's mouth!!!
It annoys me too. The guy has not played a game with us.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Anyone else get the feeling that he is in some serious barney rubble?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Anyone else get the feeling that he is in some serious barney rubble?
Could be about to hit rock bottom.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Anyone else get the feeling that he is in some serious barney rubble?
One charge is bad enough, but now two.

I know it's still "alleged" but it doesn't look great for him and rightly so if he is found guilty.

Quick question-Did the first alleged incident happen while he was at Essendon? I'm sure this has been answered already but just curious.
Last edited by Milan Faletic on Fri 07 May 2010 7:35pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Could be in more poo than the ducks out Werribbee way !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Could be in more poo than the ducks out Werribbee way !!

If I could tell you what I have read, but it's not worth losing my job over it.....

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Solar
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:

I know it's still "alleged" but it doesn't look great for him and rightly so if he is found guilty.

Quick question-Did the first alleged incident happen while he was at Essendon? I'm sure this has been answered already but just curious.
happened with the same women same night...

part of me says perhaps their first rape charge is not strong and thus give them the back up.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:

part of me says perhaps their first rape charge is not strong and thus give them the back up.
Exactly.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:

Exactly.
Almost.

Woman

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
santazzi
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:

Exactly.
Interesting. A hypothetical...suppose he is found not guilty of the charges...and suppose the Tribunal found in his favour....does any one know if the Tribunal has the power to order the club to re-instate lovett at the club..???

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:

I have my doubts on this....

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:

I don't think so.
Both charges are on the same night. I will say no more.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

GrumpyOne wrote: It is still "allegedly" at the moment. And as for roughing women up, he definately is not Robinson Crusoe there. After all, a convicted women basher is to be elected to the AFL Hall of Fame this year.
I use the word 'allegedly' very loosely as he has not been convicted yet, but I am sure you will concur that it ain't looking good for him! However, until he is convicted in a court of law, it is still 'allegedly'.

Also, I would like you to point out where in any of my comments did I say that he is the only one that likes to rough up women or sexually asault them? My comments are directed to the person that this thread is titled about. If you would like me to make similar comments on others who treat women poorly, start a new thread about them and I will add my 2 cents worth.
GrumpyOne wrote: BTW, I notice that a guy in the US is just getting out of prison after serving 30 years for raping an 11yo girl. DNA has proved he didn't do it, proving that not all allegations are true.
Bit of a long bow don't you think?
GrumpyOne wrote: Your statement says more about you than Lovett.
What does my statement say about me? Does it say that I have a VERY low threshold for serious violent abuse against anyone, especially this type of abuse against women? Think your comments say more about you than me, don't you?

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Solar wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:

I don't think so.
Yep, dangerous topic and I'm staying clear of it too.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Solar wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:

I don't think so.
Yep...

dangerous topic and I just feel that some on here are just speculating and again I have serious doubts on the legitimacy of what has been stated.

enough said on just pure speculation IMO. Some here know a little more but can't say much, but some on here post things that are just pure speculation.....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Solar wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:

I don't think so.
Yep...

dangerous topic and I just feel that some on here are just speculating and again I have serious doubts on the legitimacy of what has been stated.

enough said on just pure speculation IMO. Some here know a little more but can't say much, but some on here post things that are just pure speculation.....
Totally agree and I would go so far as to say no one on here knows what happened. Just people thinking or pretending they know.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

saint75 wrote:
I wish the filthy little pig would retreat back into the hole he crawled out of.
What does my statement say about me? Does it say that I have a VERY low threshold for serious violent abuse against anyone, especially this type of abuse against women? Think your comments say more about you than me, don't you?
What does my statement say about me?

You are a cabbage.

Does it say that I have a VERY low threshold for serious violent abuse against anyone, especially this type of abuse against women?

No, it does not even mention it.

Think your comments say more about you than me, don't you?

Only that I don't like cabbage.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

GrumpyOne wrote:
saint75 wrote:
I wish the filthy little pig would retreat back into the hole he crawled out of.

You are a cabbage.

Does it say that I have a VERY low threshold for serious violent abuse against anyone, especially this type of abuse against women?

What a clever little dicky bird you are. Go to the top of the class! You have managed to cut and paste 2 paragraphs from several posts. You have won a gold star for your computer skills. :lol:

Name calling though? Usually used as a last resort by those who do not have a valid response or comeback when challenged.
Last edited by saint75 on Sun 09 May 2010 12:02am, edited 1 time in total.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Solar
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Solar wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:

I don't think so.
Yep...

of course, just musing out loud.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
santazzi
Club Player

Solar wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Solar wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:

I don't think so.
Yep...

of course, just musing out loud.

Yelloweggshellroad..........softly............softly....s..........o.........f......t.........l..........y.........

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

saint75 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
saint75 wrote:

You are a cabbage.

What a clever little dicky bird you are. Go to the top of the class! You have managed to cut and paste 2 paragraphs from several posts. You have won a gold star for your computer skills. :lol:

Name calling though? Usually used as a last resort by those who do not have a valid response or comeback when challenged.
Just in case anybody forgets....

The resounding words of an uneducated, bottom-feeding neanderthal.

You posted that......

Should be on your tombstone.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.