2010 a write off

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

midas_touch
Club Player

2010 a write off

Cannot see us figuring in finals footy, let alone win the premiership if we keep serving up the garbage we've been dishing out the past few weeks. Disgraceful.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
SaintSimmo
Club Player

it is round 8!!! 14 weeks to go, we will get roo back in about 8 weeks.
Its about playing well at the right time. We can turn this around, slog it out at training, hopefully everyone at the club has learnt a few things, especially ross, needs a new game plan.

Sainter for life.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

We shall make finals and from there anything can happen if we have a fit and firing midfield and forward line.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
RodKeoghsLoveChild
Club Player

Re: 2010 a write off

midas_touch wrote:Cannot see us figuring in finals footy, let alone win the premiership if we keep serving up the garbage we've been dishing out the past few weeks. Disgraceful.
I think we were far from disgraceful. We put in far more effort, laid more tackles, entered the 50 more often, won the contested ball.....yet we lack speed, polish and skill.

We work our arses off to get no where, yet Essendon got cheap goals through skill and speed.

Our game plan has been picked apart and our top 10-12 players have to do too much. The rest of the list is below AFL standard.
Last edited by RodKeoghsLoveChild on Sun 16 May 2010 9:07pm, edited 2 times in total.

Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Short memories around here...remember the first half of 2007? Top 4 finish, still don't know how Hawthorn knocked us off, but no match for Geelong.

This year, if we come good, only the Cats will get in the way.

midas_touch
Club Player

Essendon are a rubbish side, yet we leaked way too many easy goals. The tackling and pressure is way down on 2009 as well.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:Short memories around here...remember the first half of 2007? Top 4 finish, still don't know how Hawthorn knocked us off, but no match for Geelong.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

midas_touch wrote:Cannot see us figuring in finals footy, let alone win the premiership if we keep serving up the garbage we've been dishing out the past few weeks. Disgraceful.
Actually it wasn't garbage, and if you have Rod Keogh's disagreeing with you midas, I'd be worried :)

Have a little faith, we showed signs of life today

degruch
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
degruch wrote:Short memories around here...remember the first half of 2007? Top 4 finish, still don't know how Hawthorn knocked us off, but no match for Geelong.

OK...I was drunk that year.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

The hawks only led by 70 something in the 3rd quarter against us in the prelim that year...very lucky to knock us off :!:

Bring back the Lockett era
Zippy
Club Player

BackFromUSA wrote:We shall make finals and from there anything can happen if we have a fit and firing midfield and forward line.
This.

We won't be as good as we were until Reiwoldt's back, so we're mostly hoping to stay competitive until then. We're still in the eight after a tough start to the season.

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
kalsaint
Club Player

BackFromUSA wrote:We shall make finals and from there anything can happen if we have a fit and firing midfield and forward line.
Yep a week or 8 is a long time in football. We miss Nick and do need some remedial care in the short term to maintain the double chance possibility.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
degruch
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:

The hawks only led by 70 something in the 3rd quarter against us in the prelim that year...very lucky to knock us off :!:
Didn't say they were very lucky. I just have no idea how they ever got in the lead, they'd been our bitches for the best part of a decade prior to that game, we just layed down and let them walk all over us. Still gobsmacked.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Disappointing thread

We are 5 and 3 and are in the 8 with a comfortable percentage

Even if we go 7 and 7 for the rest of the H&A we will make the 8

West Coast (away)
Adelaide (home)
Richmond (away)
Melbourne (home)
Hawthorn (home)
Essendon (away)
Port (home)
North Melbourne (away)
Richmond (home)
Adelaide (away)

10 extremely winnable games right there

We have Roo to come back and Gram to slot back in

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Buckets
SS Life Member

Devilhead wrote:
Disappointing thread

We are 5 and 3 and are in the 8 with a comfortable percentage

Even if we go 7 and 7 for the rest of the H&A we will make the 8

West Coast (away)
Adelaide (home)
Richmond (away)
Melbourne (home)
Hawthorn (home)
Essendon (away)
Port (home)
North Melbourne (away)
Richmond (home)
Adelaide (away)

10 extremely winnable games right there

We have Roo to come back and Gram to slot back in
Dont know how they are very winnable? Trip west to play the eagles very hard. Wouldnt suprise me to see us lose that one and probably struggle against the crows cos by that time Craig will be gone! We have already lost to Essendon and Port so how in the world are we supposed to turn that around?

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Right playing well at the right time to finish 9th.
If we don't finish top 4 we have no chance at winning the flag and right now we are not playing good enough football to even make the 8 let alone the top 4.
Yes we we're a little better tonight, but the team we played were not of the same calibre as the ones we played.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:
Dont know how they are very winnable? Trip west to play the eagles very hard. Wouldnt suprise me to see us lose that one and probably struggle against the crows cos by that time Craig will be gone! We have already lost to Essendon and Port so how in the world are we supposed to turn that around?
There are 14 weeks to go .... have some friggin faith!!!!!

Everyone of those 14 games are winnable - just becasue we lost to Port and Essendon doesn't mean we are going to lose to them again - your logic is laughable

The 10 games I listed I said are .... wait for it .... extremely winnable - we only need to win 7 to make the finals

Of the other 4 games I didnt list - Freo (away) Collingwood, Geelong and Brisbane (away) these are also winnable if we play to our best

A couple of bad games and the doomsayers are out in full force - its friggin pathetic!!!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
Buckets wrote:

Everyone of those 14 games are winnable - just becasue we lost to Port and Essendon doesn't mean we are going to lose to them again - your logic is laughable

The 10 games I listed I said are .... wait for it .... extremely winnable - we only need to win 7 to make the finals

Of the other 4 games I didnt list - Freo (away) Collingwood, Geelong and Brisbane (away) these are also winnable if we play to our best

A couple of bad games and the doomsayers are out in full force - its friggin pathetic!!!
Maybe we should get in a big circle and hold hands and have a big sing along. This is a forum to discuss footy. We nearly won a GF last year and are now playing ordinary at best. I want better than this and there nothing wrong with being angry as long as it doesnt get to personal to players and posters.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote: If we don't finish top 4 we have no chance at winning the flag
Yeah because apparently there is a rule saying that if you finish 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th you can't win the flag :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote: If we don't finish top 4 we have no chance at winning the flag
Yeah because apparently there is a rule saying that if you finish 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th you can't win the flag :roll:
If there isnt there should be.

Buckets
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
Buckets wrote:

Maybe we should get in a big circle and hold hands and have a big sing along. This is a forum to discuss footy. We nearly won a GF last year and are now playing ordinary at best. I want better than this and there nothing wrong with being angry as long as it doesnt get to personal to players and posters.

But plugger dont you know we are only playing badly because of Raph and Zac :roll: :roll: The rest of the team are playing beautifully :roll:

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

As much as tonight I'm squealing like a pig, the loses we have succumbed to in recent weeks is not certainly the end of the Mighty Saints in season 2010, far from it! These loses will help define out players and improve us in the areas we have looked deficient in! Make no mistake, we're all in this shyte for the long haul! We're not a pushover club and will remain a top 4 threat! Chuck that one down with sports bet and rake the bucks in! :wink: :wink: F'n A right! :twisted:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Maybe we should get in a big circle and hold hands and have a big sing along. This is a forum to discuss footy. We nearly won a GF last year and are now playing ordinary at best. I want better than this and there nothing wrong with being angry as long as it doesnt get to personal to players and posters.
Straight from the King of Engrossing Footy Discussion himself

Since when have you ever offered anything of interest to a discussion on these boards - with you its all predictable sarcasm - you hardly ever offer any constructive suggestions

How about for once actually adding to the discussion with some knowledgeable insight ... your postings always have a negative spin ... your postings do not offer any hope ... most of your postings are a waste of space ... your sarcasm is not revolutionary ... your supposed black wit is obvious and lacking at times

There are some great posters on here that actually add to the topics with interesting thoughts and ideas ... these posters also start thought provoking discussions - you are not one of these posters - with you we get ... we are playing ordinary .... I want better ... WOW that is mind blowing discussion right there in a nothing self centred kinda way

Seriously P66 … brilliant stuff - keep up the good work!!!

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Zippy wrote:
This.

We won't be as good as we were until Reiwoldt's back, so we're mostly hoping to stay competitive until then. We're still in the eight after a tough start to the season.
Yep. Hang in there. Flags are won in September. Surely as Saints fans we should know that.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

St. Luke wrote:As much as tonight I'm squealing like a pig, the loses we have succumbed to in recent weeks is not certainly the end of the Mighty Saints in season 2010, far from it! These loses will help define out players and improve us in the areas we have looked deficient in! Make no mistake, we're all in this shyte for the long haul! We're not a pushover club and will remain a top 4 threat! Chuck that one down with sports bet and rake the bucks in! :wink: :wink: F'n A right! :twisted:
I much prefer you coming out of the woodwork (comparatively) to post after a loss but posting the opposite to the other defeatist crap!