Koschitzke

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Not marking one touch.

kalsaint
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
degruch wrote:Find it amazing that he pulled off a couple cracker marks, made contests, applied an awesome shepard, kicked 3 goals...and still cops it!
Why? Do you ever see Gilbert, or Milne, or any of the other darlings get critisised?

Kosi was in our top three with Lenny and Joey, but still he gets stick. I guess people just miss Raph and have to direct their fury somewhere even though the object of their rage was pretty good.
I havent rated Kosi's influence this year as I have seem him on the ground too much when we need leading talls to take marks. Having said this he was certainly not in our worst 15 today.

Moving the ball to the forwards more in the last quarter may have opened up some opportunity for Ross to work with. The small forwards have far better options to create goals with this style but today their tackle count was down across the group and needs to be better going forward.

Zac is now being opened up as a weaker link in defence without midfielders exerting sufficient pressure but the worst aspect of his game is the need for him to make contact with either ball or body, not as today by big hits bordering on illegal.

Mind you we can get back our mojo but need considerable effort to reign supreme with tackle count (my measure of effort). Secondly if we are slow we need to better protect the ball handler to enable cleaner clearances to outside players.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
SainterK wrote:He was good today, not excellent, but good!

Watch the replay and see how often he played team footy, palmed to advantage, used his body to free his teammate for a mark.

Sorry, but you are not going to hang this loss on him if I have anything to do with it :x
I'll watch it tomorrow and let you know, but I think he did bugger all.
Well I couldn't get to the game today and Kosi was one of the best on ground.

Dont let you incessant hatred for kosi get in the way of facts though.
I do not and have never hated Kosi.

The fact is I wanted to trade him at the end of the '08 season when he had some value.
A point you have made often :wink:

However we didn't, so show him a little love, he actually deserves it today :)

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

SainterK wrote:...show him a little love, he actually deserves it today :)
The only thing Kosi deserves is a spell in the twos... it worked wonders with Dal!

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

I thought he was fine today... only problem was missing that simple goal and a dropped mark or two. Fletcher isn't an easy man to play on though.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Should be sacked, along with Lyon and Raph, then everything will be fine.
joffaboy for PRESIDENT !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Apart from droping some marks he should have taken and some shaky goal kicking I think Kosi had a decent night and is heading in the right direction.

Judging by the 2 strong marks he took he is getting his confidence back and its about time. If we are to turnj this around we need Kosi to be firing and kicking 4-5 every week.

He needs to realize his potential and become a serious star. He has the talent and there is no better time for him to become a top flight foward than right now

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Should be sacked, along with Lyon and Raph, then everything will be fine.
You know Joffa, I think you are a giant useless tool....but in some strange way I like you! ;) :D

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

St. Luke wrote:
You know Joffa, I think you are a giant useless tool....but in some strange way I like you! ;) :D
Sadly his satire is spot on. Also gave me a laugh, which at the moment I needed.

rexy
SS Life Member

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:
SainterK wrote:...show him a little love, he actually deserves it today :)
The only thing Kosi deserves is a spell in the twos... it worked wonders with Dal!
Thats strength through loyalty.

Kosi was pretty good today.

He is not Roo. Sooner many remember that the better.

Maybe this year?
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

He worked bloody hard, and he took a couple of rippers, but when the ball is at ground level is a genuine liability.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Buckets
SS Life Member

dcstkfc wrote:He worked bloody hard, and he took a couple of rippers, but when the ball is at ground level is a genuine liability.
Thats what our crumbing players are for! Problem is that they are not doing their job!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:He worked bloody hard, and he took a couple of rippers, but when the ball is at ground level is a genuine liability.
That's the thing though, we can't have it both ways.

I thought the reason we have 3 crumbers is because if he cannot take the contested mark, there is a genuine expectation that he at the very least brings it to ground?

3 crumbers, 2 goals, and a lot of opportunity I thought.

repta
Club Player

Mr Magoo (Kozi) is putting in, but just appears to be completely out of form. But due to our abundance of forwards he is required to play. Even if it is to cause chaos in the forwardline.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:
Thats what our crumbing players are for! Problem is that they are not doing their job!
Point well made. See my thread on Schneider and Mini.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
One Eyed Saint
Club Player

When assessing Kosi's performance you need to consider the following:

- Kosi will always get the best defender + be double teamed at times
- The opposition forward gets to play on Zac

Ryder kicked 2 goals in the last quarter because he tore Zac a new one.

Kosi played on Fletcher who is one of the best defenders the game has seen.

The game he played tonight was serviceable with a couple of good grabs.

My opinion is that a 2nd permant tall in FF/CHF area would give Kosi a chop out and give another bloke to create contests and spillages for the small forwards.

I think Kosi's form is slowly improving, maybe not at the speed of light but he seems to be more confident.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

One Eyed Saint wrote:When assessing Kosi's performance you need to consider the following:

- Kosi will always get the best defender + be double teamed at times
- The opposition forward gets to play on Zac

Ryder kicked 2 goals in the last quarter because he tore Zac a new one.

Kosi played on Fletcher who is one of the best defenders the game has seen.

The game he played tonight was serviceable with a couple of good grabs.

My opinion is that a 2nd permant tall in FF/CHF area would give Kosi a chop out and give another bloke to create contests and spillages for the small forwards.

I think Kosi's form is slowly improving, maybe not at the speed of light but he seems to be more confident.
It made me laugh, but that is a very low blow on Zac.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:
some of the stuff he has typed lately has me thinking he has developed cabbage fingers.... :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
ace
Saintsational Legend

He was as lazy as hell when the ball spilled to ground and Essendon gained possession.
I lost count of the number of times Fletcher ran to receive while Kosi stood still.
Kosi didn't even bother to look where Fletcher was, even when Fletcher received the ball.
How many times did Kosi spill the mark, Essendon gain possession, Fletcher receive, kick long and Essendon go coast to coast to goal and St kilda not even score?
Last edited by ace on Mon 17 May 2010 12:33am, edited 2 times in total.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
One Eyed Saint
Club Player

dcstkfc - might be slightly harsh but its bloody frustrating watching opposition Key forwards kick goals against zac or more often setup goals for team mates.

Kosi creates just as many crumbing opportunities as our opponents, but opposition defenders are more close checking and minisise his effectiveness in creating goal assists.

The No.1 issue with our backline is in our inablity to kill the ball at ground level and turn 50-50 contests into ball-ups rather than opposition goals.

ace
Saintsational Legend

How bad is Tommy Walsh that he can't tip Koschitzke out of the team.

Surely Walsh can take mark every tenth time the ball is kicked to him.
Kick straight at goal occassionally.
Even with a blindfold he would get the odd one.
It would be impossible for him to duplicate Kosi's clumsiness when the ball hits the ground.
If he were to chase after the full back once a quarter when the full back runs off he would be doing much better than Kosi.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
python
Club Player

i thought kosi should have been dropped last week, but having said that, i thought he was quite good tonight. Still got loads of improvement, but it was positive. He may have been slow, and that may have hurt us, but the entry to him was woeful, and no matter how bad it was, kosi always brought it to the ground. What more can you ask of a forward who is receiving horrendous delivery? You want to blame someone for the loss, it has to be milne and schneider, were rarely in the right spots when kosi brought it to ground.

Saint Mik
Club Player

Are you sure your not a Richmond fan???? :wink:

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
matrix
Saintsational Legend

did well

but...

extend the bloody dukes and get some gorilla snot on them before the game :!:

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

He probably won himself a new car tonight, so he'll get something out of this season.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.