Next Weeks Team

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Now that the MRP report is in;

IN: Raph Clarke

OUT: Jason Gram (inj)

!!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

According to Ross "Rhys had three possessions the week before and I hear all the jungle drums about bringing him in but I’m not going to pick too many young players on three possessions. Although in saying that his weekend was better but ultimately we thought McEvoy, and Gardiner I thought worked well. Koschitzke, McEvoy and Gardiner through the ruck and Sam Fisher.â€
Last edited by borderbarry on Mon 17 May 2010 6:54pm, edited 1 time in total.

SB10
Club Player

Regarding Stanley, I couldn't have been more disappointed a couple of weeks back against Coburg in the VFL (must have been that 3 poss game). Went with high expectations on seeing the kid play, but to be honest he didn't get near it. Was played primarily as a key forward and really struggled in that role.

McEvoy was the ruck that day and he was woeful. Carved up by Angus Graham, who apparently played well for Tigers against Hawthorn on the weekend. No way he would have been in the side based on that performance if King had not injured a hammy.

However, managed to catch the last qtr at Sandy on Saturday (against Bendigo) and again watched Stanley with much interest, because this time he was mainly played in the ruck. My god, what a change. He was fantastic, huge leap, plenty of work around the ground, cracking goal from outside 50 when needed. Totally different player. Has so much more upside in the ruck than McEvoy. Deserves a shot this week in place of Ben. Especially at Subiaco where he can use his pace through the middle.

As an aside, also took a keen interest in Jesse Smith during that last quarter. Wow, very excited about his prospects. Had 5-6 very classy touches, despite playing in 3-4 minute bursts off the bench. Head and shoulders above VFL standard. Clearly needs a few more weeks to get the necessary fitness, but if his body can stand up he's a monty to be slotted straight into the team.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

AB10, what were your impressions of Tommy W, and did anyone else catch your eye?

SB10
Club Player

borderbarry wrote:AB10, what were your impressions of Tommy W, and did anyone else catch your eye?
As I said only saw the last quarter on Saturday where he played out of the goal square. Did a few nice things. One cracking lead from the square right up the middle to CHF where he took a nice grab. Beautiful pass mind you from Eddy. Missed the goal unfortunately. Personally think he's a fair way off. So much to learn about the game. Keep in mind it's taken Setanta a few years to learn the game and he's only now starting to make a real impact. Let's hope he's prepared to stick it out for a few years.

rexy
SS Life Member

SB10 wrote:
borderbarry wrote:AB10, what were your impressions of Tommy W, and did anyone else catch your eye?
As I said only saw the last quarter on Saturday where he played out of the goal square. Did a few nice things. One cracking lead from the square right up the middle to CHF where he took a nice grab. Beautiful pass mind you from Eddy. Missed the goal unfortunately. Personally think he's a fair way off. So much to learn about the game. Keep in mind it's taken Setanta a few years to learn the game and he's only now starting to make a real impact. Let's hope he's prepared to stick it out for a few years.
Setanta not from a gaelic football background, he was from curling, ran around with a stick in his hand.

Maybe this year?
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

IN: Stanley Steven Eddy Clarke

OUT: Gram McQualter McEvoy Geary

I seriously dont know.

The changes are negligible - Wont make a difference to the outcome.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

OUT: Schneider, Gram (inj), Heyne

IN: Clarke, Peake, Eddy

Maybe Sautner can be our Podsiadly....

wasaintsfan
Club Player

in peake out gram

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:
SB10 wrote:
Setanta not from a gaelic football background, he was from curling, ran around with a stick in his hand.
I don't think Setanta has been pushing rocks on ice.
I think you'll find his game of choice was hurling, a semi organised form of warfare.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
rexy wrote:
SB10 wrote:
I don't think Setanta has been pushing rocks on ice.
I think you'll find his game of choice was hurling, a semi organised form of warfare.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

groupie1
Club Player

I thought there were good signs from the Dons loss:

Kozi took a couple nice big grabs
Dal returned to form
Heyne got his first game under his belt
Gwilt continues to show poise and strength at the back

My side:
B: Gwilt, Blake, Baker
HB: Clarke, Fisher, Gilbert
C: Montagna, Hayes, Ray