Armo's attempted "bump" on Hille.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Armo's attempted "bump" on Hille.

Was anyone else pulling their hair out when they saw this?

As hard as he can be, that was as soft an effort as I've seen.

One of the most frustrating things for me is when someone attempts to bump when they could easily tackle.

And if you go for the bump, at least make some kind of contact.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Agree completely. One of the softest efforts I've seen in a long time.

doppler effect
Club Player

Was such a disappointing effort. Everyone I was sitting near let out a shameful sigh when it happened.

I know there is a big size difference between the two of them but you still have to try and lay a tackle.

It will be addressed in front of the playing group and Armo will be pretty embarrassed by it I imagine. Hopefully he learns from it.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Did you see the hit on Mcveigh though, that was tough

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
suss
Club Player

It's a tough game sometimes. Yes, it was a bad look, but I reckon most people would think twice about tackling a 110 kilo monster moving at full speed.

I hope he gets a chance to redeem himself next game because he's a lot tougher than that.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

I would regard Armitage, Baker and McQualter as three of our tougher players and they all were as soft as I've ever seen them yesterday. They'd all be very disappointed with their efforts.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

I always find it pretty funny when they talk about Byron Pickett/Gary Ablett as being tough as nails because of some of the bumps they delivered.

Bumping is taking the easy way out. Takes more courage to cop the full force in the middle of your chest than tucking your elbow in and launching yourself at the man.

Thing that I found most disappointing is that I thought Armo was the type of footballer to relish that sort of contest, after all he is nothing if not tough, but for some reason he just wasn't up for it yesterday.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

clarky449 wrote:Did you see the hit on Mcveigh though, that was tough
is that tongue in cheek?
Mcveigh was head over the ball and got collected head high by Armo and McQualter(?) front on, then Mcveigh gets pinged.

Seeya
DWOODROW
Club Player

Is this what we are up to now. Questioning a players courage. hahaha you guys are awesome. What did you want him to do to Mcveigh, wait till he picked it up and then ask him to fall over. Are you guys serious. You obviously arn't saints supporters because Mcveigh got pinned for jumping in on Dal Santos head and we got a goal out of it.
yeah dave a Mcq you guys are s*** for giving away a high tackle and us getting a goal out of it.
If they didn't go that hard I bet you punces would be questioning him then.As for Hill, I guess being wrong footed doesn't count for much.

I wander who else is in the leading tacklers for Saints.

I really hope Dave pays no atttention to some of you expert footballers or maybe he should. You guys seem to be able to do better. :roll: :roll: :roll:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:Is this what we are up to now. Questioning a players courage. hahaha you guys are awesome. What did you want him to do to Mcveigh, wait till he picked it up and then ask him to fall over. Are you guys serious. You obviously arn't saints supporters because Mcveigh got pinned for jumping in on Dal Santos head and we got a goal out of it.
yeah dave a Mcq you guys are s*** for giving away a high tackle and us getting a goal out of it.
If they didn't go that hard I bet you punces would be questioning him then.As for Hill, I guess being wrong footed doesn't count for much.

I really hope Dave pays no atttention to some of you expert footballers or maybe he should. You guys seem to be able to do better. :roll: :roll: :roll:
So do I, piss weak fickle so called suporters.

The critisism says alot more about the supporter and their lack of self esteem (so tied up with thier team they question a player like Armo's courage FFS :roll: ) than it does about the player.

I hope NONE of the players come on here after the cowardly garbage posted on here by supposed supporters.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Good call from someone with a picture of a former StKilda player with 'liar' written on it attached to every post they make.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

I didn't see it as soft, just saw it as an error, should have tackled.

super dooper
Club Player

It looked super ordinary and i felt embarrassed.

Even if he did make contact with the bump. What would he have done to a guy that is at least 25kg heavier than him..

Errors cost us games and in last years circumstances a flag...

Leo.J
SS Life Member

You can't question Armo's hardness, or courage...

It was a judgement error thats all.

He chose to bump instead of tackle...no big issue imo.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
is that tongue in cheek?
Mcveigh was head over the ball and got collected head high by Armo and McQualter(?) front on, then Mcveigh gets pinged.
Um if it was head high, why wasn't it a free kick??? Also Mcveigh was also going for the ball

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
DWOODROW
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
is that tongue in cheek?
Um if it was head high, why wasn't it a free kick??? Also Mcveigh was also going for the ball
Yay someone else that was watching the game.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:Is this what we are up to now. Questioning a players courage. hahaha you guys are awesome. What did you want him to do to Mcveigh, wait till he picked it up and then ask him to fall over. Are you guys serious. You obviously arn't saints supporters because Mcveigh got pinned for jumping in on Dal Santos head and we got a goal out of it.

A midfielder getting wrong-footed by a 7 foot tall lumbering ruckman with the turning circle of the Queen Mary and who's only recently back from a serious knee injury? Armitage is better than that.

It was a mistake - a bad one - that's what it was.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote:Good call from someone with a picture of a former StKilda player with 'liar' written on it attached to every post they make.
Don't mind him.

He throws his toys out the pram as soon as a player is criticised... like criticism of a professional athlete is some kind of new phenomenon sweeping the world.

It's kind of sweet, when you think about it.

DWOODROW
Club Player

Beej wrote:

A midfielder getting wrong-footed by a 7 foot tall lumbering ruckman with the turning circle of the Queen Mary and who's only recently back from a serious knee injury? Armitage is better than that.

Well I'd like to question some other peoples soft attempts at tackling or even soft attempts at putting a players soft attempt in the spotlight.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
Beej wrote:

Well I'd like to question some other peoples soft attempts at tackling or even soft attempts at putting a players soft attempt in the spotlight.
Does it even bother you when we lose? As long as Armitage plays a good game, you're really not fussed are you?

If he left the club, would you continue to support us?

sainter35
Club Player

Beej wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
Beej wrote:

Does it even bother you when we lose? As long as Armitage plays a good game, you're really not fussed are you?

Bingo

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I actually think Armo is one of our more aggressive players, I wouldn't question his courage at all.

He made a mistake, I'd back him that he wouldn't make it again.

sainter35
Club Player

SainterK wrote:I actually think Armo is one of our more aggressive players, I wouldn't question his courage at all.

That's a very fair comment.

I'm sure he's been made aware of it in the match review already.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I actually think Armo is one of our more aggressive players, I wouldn't question his courage at all.

That was one instance from him and the first that I've seen since he joined the club where the hardness that he obviously has wasn't on display.

As I said above, Armo is nothing if not tough. He's as tough as they come, but that effort on Sunday was soft.

DWOODROW
Club Player

Beej wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
Beej wrote:

Are you serious you clown. You are having a go at a young players courage and opening it up to a public discussion to emphasise it.
Where you there when David went in with his head over the ball got knocked out and had to have his ear repaired and re-attached by a plastic surgeon. Where you there when a 110 kg monster elbowed him straight in the head and knocked him senseless.
If I didn't care whether Saint Kilda lost or won then why would I bother to get onto this site to listen to people like you. I actually Barrack for North Melbourne but because I have an interest in someone close to me I'm now not worthy of commenting on this forum. Good one
I'll back David to the end especially from people like you who start posts on his courage.
To be honest I'm not even sure why there are so many posts about David.
Why don't you find something useful to talk about like the lack of depth in the saint Kilda team at the moment and some of the players that are playing like they are in Under 17's.

If you'd like to discuss it further them PM me otherwise how about supporting your team and the PLAYERS that play for SAINT KILDA.

Absolutely Pathetic