We are rooted.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

I see Malthouse called another Press Conference :D

matrix
Saintsational Legend

we all know he talks s*** but crikey!!

way to dump on ya players

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: We are rooted.

GrumpyOne wrote:The efforts of Roo papered over a lot of cracks in our structure.

Now he's gone, we have about 6 regulars out of form, and there is no pace in the side.

Forget 2010..... trade Kosi to Gold Coast... rebuild with some quality youngsters.

Hopefully can do patch-up job and take another shot in 2012.

Then the window will slam shut for a decade.

It was good while it lasted.
what happened to 2011?

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Trade em all! :lol: :lol: :lol:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Con Gorozidis wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:The efforts of Roo papered over a lot of cracks in our structure.

Now he's gone, we have about 6 regulars out of form, and there is no pace in the side.

Forget 2010..... trade Kosi to Gold Coast... rebuild with some quality youngsters.

what happened to 2011?
It'll take into the second year for the pacey youngsters we recruit from the Kosi trade-off to make an impact. Kosi to GC will surely net us two first round draft picks.

Some of our older players might stretch it to 2013.. but after that is wasteland.

The quality of our coach will probably keep us mid-table, but is there any benefit in that? Maybe more advantage to bottom out and rebuild.

And lets not have any crap about the team performing better with our support, and doing damage with negative thoughts. Take off your rose-coloured glasses. Last year was our year.... this year could have been until Roo went down.

Lets go to enjoy the football again, and being happy with the occasional win instead of expecting it every week. It aint going to happen Folks.

Stick a fork in us and turn us over.... we're done.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:It'll take into the second year for the pacey youngsters we recruit from the Kosi trade-off to make an impact.
2 years! I'm not waiting that long...poor recruiting by St Kilda!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:It'll take into the second year for the pacey youngsters we recruit from the Kosi trade-off to make an impact. Kosi to GC will surely net us two first round draft picks.
Two first round draft picks for Kosi? But he's crap; that's why we're trading him. :?

Then again, if they're prepared to pay Karmichael Hunt a quidzillion dollars then we could probably hold out for 5 first rounders!

I love Kosi but the thought of 5, hell let's call it 10, talented, speedy gun youngsters has me wavering :lol:

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Dr Spaceman wrote:Then again, if they're prepared to pay Karmichael Hunt a quidzillion dollars then we could probably hold out for 5 first rounders!

I love Kosi but the thought of 5, hell let's call it 10, talented, speedy gun youngsters has me wavering :lol:
I'll have what you're smoking Spacey.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

QUICK JUMP OFF EVERYONE!!!!!!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

what happened to 2011?
It'll take into the second year for the pacey youngsters we recruit from the Kosi trade-off to make an impact. Kosi to GC will surely net us two first round draft picks.

Some of our older players might stretch it to 2013.. but after that is wasteland.

The quality of our coach will probably keep us mid-table, but is there any benefit in that? Maybe more advantage to bottom out and rebuild.

And lets not have any crap about the team performing better with our support, and doing damage with negative thoughts. Take off your rose-coloured glasses. Last year was our year.... this year could have been until Roo went down.

Lets go to enjoy the football again, and being happy with the occasional win instead of expecting it every week. It aint going to happen Folks.

It isn't about the team peforming better without support, I just don't agree with you.

If we win this week, we have won 3 without Roo, and lost 3 without Roo.

If you had come up and told me that during the half time break against Collingwood when I was a little concerned, I'd have taken that.

You have chosen to wash your hands of this season, I have chosen not to.

saintlee
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

what happened to 2011?

I still can't quite decide if your being serious or not in this thread GO...

Nonetheless, losing 3 out of the past 4 is not good....and the manner of the losses is probably even more concerning, however I can't help but think your throwing the baby out with the bathwater here...

Really all we need to do is win 10 games from the remaining 14, which is definitely realistic considering Rooey should be back towards the later part of the season, and we will finish top 4....that should be the aim

I think this group is good enough to turn it around even without Rooey, but at the moment its a question of reversing poor form...and that can happen in a game....

Anyway, I am not ready to consign this year to failure yet

bigred
Saintsational Legend

So just who is gonna give us the "pacey youngsters" for Kosi?

This thread smells like someone stepped in something.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Saintlee wrote:
Anyway, I am not ready to consign this year to failure yet

+ 1

overitalready
Club Player

Yes...we are rooted.
The Doggies were sucked into our style, holding the ball and squeezing the game; the Blues played their own game.
Other teams will not repeat the Doggies mistakes, they will play like the Blues and Bumbers.
We can't combat those styles (yet), and unless the team learns to adapt, will continue to lose.
How long does it take for an entire team to learn a new game style?

Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, an unselfish woman- what do they all have in common? Answer- we would all like to believe they are true, but they are all fictional.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

How long does it take for an entire team to learn a new game style?
12 years.

Unless you utilise the tools behind door B.

Then it is 11 years.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:Then again, if they're prepared to pay Karmichael Hunt a quidzillion dollars then we could probably hold out for 5 first rounders!

I dunno Grumps, you seem to be hovering quite okay on your own :lol:

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

I dunno Grumps, you seem to be hovering quite okay on your own :lol:
Trade Kosi...pass the bong...ahhhhh, speedy youngsters...here, bring it back...premiership window in 2 years...maaaaan, this is good stuff Grumps.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

We are in a bit of trouble-----in all seriousness

bigred
Saintsational Legend

And now for something completely random...

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
WaggaSaint
Club Player

Why would GC give us anything for Kosi - let alone youngsters or draft picks?!?!

Nice one chopps....
aussiejones
Club Player

Pacey teams were always going to be trouble for us .

Except for Roo we are the same side as last year , maybe some have worked us out and had the courage to try it out.

What we lacked was goal kicking / scoreboard pressure .
Using backs as forwards didnt work , is it time to revert to our tried setup and rebuild form and confidence in each other

Saintsfan
Club Player

This thread display the standard of nuff-nuff's around here. Most of you are idiots.

The Saintsfan Cometh
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote:This thread display the standard of nuff-nuff's around here. Most of you are idiots.

Well sorry Professor Highbrow :shock:

Saintsfan
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Saintsfan wrote:This thread display the standard of nuff-nuff's around here. Most of you are idiots.

Well sorry Professor Highbrow :shock:
Not so much the random photographs, they are interesting.

It is the doom and gloom that is becoming almost pathetic sunshine. We will be fine. Have a little faith.

The Saintsfan Cometh
repta
Club Player

cant trade Kozi to GC.What would we get ... pick 54 ? Only 1 top 10 in B&F (first year). Nominal Brownlow points, Was a first around pick, but that would be worth stuff all in the current calculation for reward. Kozi is no Ablett special case.