Lockett Vs Fox

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

BigD wrote: You might remember it was around the time that there was a big furore in the media about Plugger's greyhounds and drug tests . In fact it was just before the story hit the papers. I can't remember the outcome of the steward's enquiry but there were strong suggestions around at the time that he may perhaps have been involved in doping greyhounds and fixing races.
It was in relation to the breeding of greyhounds.

He was apparently charging people to breed with a particular greyhound of his, but was replacing it with a different greyhound.

Kind of like paying a Thai hooker, only to find out you didn't get exactly what you thought you were getting.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

BigD wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:
Winmar wrote:Anyone know what in particular prompted Plugger to get Fox into a headlock like that? I remembering reading about it at the time. Didn't sound like a lot of fun!
I know Foxy through work & sport. I've given him a bit of lip over it a few times as I was behind the goals at the Wellington Rd end that day & Plugger put the sleeper hold on him just in front of us.

He told me the story one night & suffice to say, I don't razz him anymore.

The lead up to the game that week was all about the up & coming WA 'strongman' versus the goliath from Moorabbin. Brad got off to a good start & was running off Plugger quite a bit. Plugger did the old 'get it once more & you're dead'. Brad did, Plugger got hold of him & just about put the lights out permanently.

He seriously thought he was a goner, said goodbye to loved ones & could only hear Stewie Loewe saying "Let go of him Plug, you'll kill him".

At quarter time Sheedy asked him if he was OK to go on, Brad reckons he couldn't see Sheeds due to having a temporarily losing his sight.

He's a pretty jovial bloke Foxy, but when he recalls that day he goes a bit pale and is deadly serious.
I did a bit of work with Brad a few years back and below is the version that he told us over a few late night drinks more than once. It differs a bit from the above but there are a few common elements:

You might remember it was around the time that there was a big furore in the media about (corrected to) breeding substitution with Lockett's greyhounds. In fact it was just before the story hit the papers (end edit).

This was well before flooding and zones so the two of them spent much of the game standing in the Saints goal square together shivering. Brad claimed he was passing the time making occasional conversation. He asked "how's things?" to which he got a grunt. Five minutes later he made a comment about the weather to which he also got another grunt. Five minutes later, he asked him, "how's things with your greyhounds going?" Apparantly he snapped at this and applied the infamous headlock. Brad reckoned he was starting to lose conciousness and could just hear Stewie Lowe screaming "let him go Plugger, you're gonna f***n' kill him".

In hindsight he can only hypothesise that Lockett thought Brad knew something about the greyhound doping story that was about to break or it was weighing heavilly on his mind.

When I knew him, Brad had the distinctive male pattern baldness of the reverse GT stripe down the top of his head (probably all gone by now).

His standing joke when asked what happened to his hair was for many years, "it's still in Plugger's armpit!".
That's a very accurate version... I edited the grunt, etc... I didn't remember the greyhound reference though.

rexy
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
BigD wrote: You might remember it was around the time that there was a big furore in the media about Plugger's greyhounds and drug tests . In fact it was just before the story hit the papers. I can't remember the outcome of the steward's enquiry but there were strong suggestions around at the time that he may perhaps have been involved in doping greyhounds and fixing races.
It was in relation to the breeding of greyhounds.

He was apparently charging people to breed with a particular greyhound of his, but was replacing it with a different greyhound.

Kind of like paying a Thai hooker, only to find out you didn't get exactly what you thought you were getting.
Hate it when that happens. :lol:

Maybe this year?
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:My wife actually worked with Fox at the commonwealth bank at the time. He fainted as he couldnt breath and said to my wife he thought he was going to die.

you have a wife????....... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ....poor dear.... :wink: :lol: ...her...not you....
Reported for abuse of a family member. Something you should know about.
crap.....something you know all about.... :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:My wife actually worked with Fox at the commonwealth bank at the time. He fainted as he couldnt breath and said to my wife he thought he was going to die.

you have a wife????....... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ....poor dear.... :wink: :lol: ...her...not you....
How is your plastic doll going. Still getting plenty of use. Next time get a female one.
Oh plugger66 didn't your mummy explain to you that plastic dolls are inanimate objects.
They are neither male nor female no matter how they look.
Did mummy tell you about transvestites.
Are you sure you have a real wife.

:wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:Tony doesn't like people.

Whenever somebody told a joke, he always seemed to presume that they were taking the piss out of him.

sat next to him at a dinner once...found him to be a very nice young man.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

mordi wrote:any video of the plugger headlock?

yeah...they replayed it tonight on one of the footy shows....

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

matrix wrote:anyone else see the irony??

plugger and rodgerfox

title thread??

lol
Great pickup :D

Furtius Quo Rdelious
DJKCR
Club Player

stinger wrote:
mordi wrote:any video of the plugger headlock?

yeah...they replayed it tonight on one of the footy shows....
Yep was on One HD on One week at a time last night.

"I don't roll on Shabbas" Walter Sobchak