Separated at Birth.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Eric McKenzie is 196cm and Plays CHB

and Tom Swift is a Mid

O'Bree and Heyne....yes similarities..

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
I just showed jnr your post (just the pics) and he said "Nash"...

Got a laugh from him and said it was a great likeness.

Great comparison !!!!
St.Fid, your son obviously likes his basketball?

Steve Nash, like Milney, is a little guy in comparison to the other players on the court/field. They are both very quick and sharp shooters. It'd be fair to say, there's a good chance Milney might take the comparison on board as a compliment if he has ever watched his doppelganger play.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Great comparison !!!!

Steve Nash, like Milney, is a little guy in comparison to the other players on the court/field. They are both very quick and sharp shooters. It'd be fair to say, there's a good chance Milney might take the comparison on board as a compliment if he has ever watched his doppelganger play.
Yeah, he loves his sport no matter what type....

He is looking forward to the upcoming premier league darts final...

Simon Whitlock from Australia is competing, but he is a bit annoyed tonight because the game is postponed until tomorrow...

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
rexy
SS Life Member

Sainternist wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Great comparison !!!!

One of the leading assists players of all times.

Milney has improved in this area but I dont think he will get to those heights.

:lol: :lol:

Maybe this year?
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Separated at Birth.

GrumpyOne wrote:
Armoooo wrote:I may be completely off the ball here but I sense an accusation of ignorance from your post, almost like you're saying that commentators think 'all them dark boys look the same'...

Just out of curiosity have you seen much of Carlton play this season? have you ever gotten Yarran, Betts or Garlett mixed up?
You are not off the ball, and I am saying that.

As my eldest and his son barrack for the blues, I have had the misfortune of seeing them four or five times. There are plenty of Carlton guys I do not recognise, but I can tell individuals apart.

Inconsequential anyway, as the three Carlton guys have the same ethnic background. Not the same with Jimmy and Raph.
I have to say I think you're being a bit harsh on the commentators.

When I'm at the game (I usually sit on the second or third level) I can almost always tell St Kilda players apart whether it's their hair/ height or even their running style, but also skin colour. I don't believe that's racist, I just think it is a physical attribute that can help identify between two players.

Out of interest would you be making the same comments if Harry O played for us and the commentators got Harry and Gwilt mixed up?

They're from two different continents yet I would think if they were playing in the same colours they would be almost identical at times.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:Is wanting to recruit aboriginal players really racist? I think its a compliment, they are fantastic athletes.
what, all of them? every single one? just because they're aboriginal they must be fantastic athletes?

yes, that is racist. it's positive, yes, but you're still stereotyping an entire group of people on the basis of skin colour.

i reckon rhys stanley is a pretty good athlete. shame he's not black or we could call him magical.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

bergholt wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:Is wanting to recruit aboriginal players really racist? I think its a compliment, they are fantastic athletes.
what, all of them? every single one? just because they're aboriginal they must be fantastic athletes?

yes, that is racist. it's positive, yes, but you're still stereotyping an entire group of people on the basis of skin colour.

i reckon rhys stanley is a pretty good athlete. shame he's not black or we could call him magical.
Obviously this is "generally speaking" and its not being racist unless of couse you are very touchy, which the racist card is. What about the black africans, you can't tell me they are not great athletes, have you not watched the olympics. These guys nearlly always win long distance marathons. Its in their genes, their ancestory, but is everyone a gold medal olympian, no. Nordic countries are good at sking, Australians are good at swimming, its who we are. If thats racist well so be it.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Ice Wolf
Club Player

Re: Separated at Birth.

Armoooo wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
Armoooo wrote:I may be completely off the ball here but I sense an accusation of ignorance from your post, almost like you're saying that commentators think 'all them dark boys look the same'...

Just out of curiosity have you seen much of Carlton play this season? have you ever gotten Yarran, Betts or Garlett mixed up?
You are not off the ball, and I am saying that.

As my eldest and his son barrack for the blues, I have had the misfortune of seeing them four or five times. There are plenty of Carlton guys I do not recognise, but I can tell individuals apart.

Inconsequential anyway, as the three Carlton guys have the same ethnic background. Not the same with Jimmy and Raph.
I have to say I think you're being a bit harsh on the commentators.

When I'm at the game (I usually sit on the second or third level) I can almost always tell St Kilda players apart whether it's their hair/ height or even their running style, but also skin colour. I don't believe that's racist, I just think it is a physical attribute that can help identify between two players.

Out of interest would you be making the same comments if Harry O played for us and the commentators got Harry and Gwilt mixed up?

They're from two different continents yet I would think if they were playing in the same colours they would be almost identical at times.
Harry O has more of a tan and his hair is darker and more dreadlockie, also has a different build.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

What about Ben McEvoy and Michael Rennie?

Klaatu barada nikto!

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Grumpyone wrote:

As my eldest and his son barrack for the blues,

I'd be grumpy to. :lol: