I just did it...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

trust me it wasnt by choice plugger.

when i say i have watched it, i mean it has been on the tv in our only lounge room on the tv we brought cos it was the biggest getting watched by FIL who is very close to deaf. so..

its on a volume that makes the unit/small house size property windows shake. I havent been able to escape it. even when im not watching it i am hearing it.
needless to say he thinks its one of the greatest GF ever played (Roos supporter ofcourse he would) im also pretty sure he likes rubbing it in. After all we have had a slight wedding cost blow out.

Luckly we moved out late december, however looks like we are going back.

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
bozza1980
Club Player

Can confidently say I will never watch it again.

The empty feeling rears it's head whenever it was mentioned and memories of the Geelong song playing 4 billion times after the siren blew, and wanting to punch Mark Thompson, even though he was trying to empathise, and for some horrible reason only realising I could leave the ground as they started the victory lap and the tears that would not stop.

Horrible day, I don't need to sit through 2 hours to remind me how close we were. It would almost be easier had they belted us.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
milney044
Club Player

Ah what an ordinary day. The whole day i couldn't really believe that it was actually us in the Grand Final, i was a little lost to be honest. The Prelim the week before had so much more of that "footy atmosphere" feel about it but and it took ages to sink in that i was actually at a Grand final and my team was playing.

The boys were so good all day but when Schneids, Milne and Mini all missed those chances i said at the time that it would come back to bite us, i don't think i've ever hated being right so much.
In the last 10 minutes of the final qtr i was watching Lenny and he looked so flat and spent and could barely run and i said then that this was it, we weren't going to do it. It sucked that 10 minutes just knowing we would get overran and that would be it. I don't know how i knew but i could just sense it watching the players' tired legs. So when the siren sounded it was already over in my mind and i remember just being so angry because we had so many chances to seal the game and hadn't taken them.

I think it wasn't until a few days later that it hit me that we'd blown our shot at a flag. I had a good cry about it in my room and thought about demolishing all the photos and posters on my wall. Then i saw some photos of the boys and heard about the state of Milne and co in the rooms after the game and i just realised how much more it was affecting them than me.
I don't know if that should help but it put things in to perspective.

There is no way i'll be watching the replay. Not ever.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Sometimes it helps, well hasn't helped me yet.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
shmic_s
Club Player

milney044 wrote:Ah what an ordinary day. The whole day i couldn't really believe that it was actually us in the Grand Final, i was a little lost to be honest. The Prelim the week before had so much more of that "footy atmosphere" feel about it but and it took ages to sink in that i was actually at a Grand final and my team was playing.

The boys were so good all day but when Schneids, Milne and Mini all missed those chances i said at the time that it would come back to bite us, i don't think i've ever hated being right so much.
In the last 10 minutes of the final qtr i was watching Lenny and he looked so flat and spent and could barely run and i said then that this was it, we weren't going to do it. It sucked that 10 minutes just knowing we would get overran and that would be it. I don't know how i knew but i could just sense it watching the players' tired legs. So when the siren sounded it was already over in my mind and i remember just being so angry because we had so many chances to seal the game and hadn't taken them.

I think it wasn't until a few days later that it hit me that we'd blown our shot at a flag. I had a good cry about it in my room and thought about demolishing all the photos and posters on my wall. Then i saw some photos of the boys and heard about the state of Milne and co in the rooms after the game and i just realised how much more it was affecting them than me.
I don't know if that should help but it put things in to perspective.

There is no way i'll be watching the replay. Not ever.
Well said.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Why would anyone want to watch the 1997 and 2009 GF again. Why put yourself through that pain. Do you also put pins in your eyes?
I dont get it either, they have been replaying the 97 gf on foxtel recently and when I was flicking and came accross it and i felt crook. They should be wiped from time and space

I love this club
Saint Mik
Club Player

Cant watch it and never will

I cant stand it either when people talk footy and say what a great grand final it was.

I just remember almost kicking the TV in (lost it :lol: ) when I think it was Ablett kicking it off the ground to then have the farken ball land on the chest of Mooney I think it was, the whole game is almost blocked out of my head like it never happened so why would I want to have it put back in to remember from highlights.

I am still VERY confident we can get back to form for another crack in 2010. Loved watching Rooey running last night geez I love that man :shock: and that gave me more confidence again, cant wait for finals after all the sh!t this year so far.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010